Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervini Concept Hood with or without Ram Air Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:46 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Question Cervini Concept Hood with or without Ram Air Kit

I really like the look of the Cervini Concept Hood that American Muscle is selling for $595 (unpainted, free shipping). Considering it for my stock V6 Pony.

Anyone have pics and feedback regarding the hood and ram air kit?

I saw the customer pics on AM. The hood looks sharp in my opinion. For those with the hood....did you go with the functional ram air kit? Is it worth the additional $300? I don't have a CAI but plan to get one at some point. Might get the hood first. Not sure if the scoops are plugged off if the kit is not installed. Any info would be appreciated.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...cept-hood.html

Here's how AM advertises the kit...

Now you can make your Cervini Concept Style Hood fully functional with a Ram Air Kit. This Cervini Ram Air Kit channels the incoming air from the hood scoop openings directly into your intake for a ram air affect to increase performance.

Added Power And Performance. This Cervini Ram Air Kit has been proven (using an on-board diagnostic system) to increase 1/4 mile performance resulting in lower ET's. You will experience better throttle response, and an increase in horsepower starting at 40 mph, all with no computer re-tuning required.

Show quality appearance. The included billet aluminum air screen adds a nice touch to the under hood appearance and functionality of this ram air kit. Best of all, Cervini's makes this kit easy to install, with a minimum of cutting and modifications to the stock air box.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ram-ai...05concept.html

Last edited by 08 Pony Package; 03-03-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:01 AM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

I didn't get the ram air kit, I just cut some black aluminum mesh from ebay to cover the openings. I've actually been thinking about getting a Cervinis cowl hood.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Dylanjunk
2nd Gear Member

Have you looked into the trufiber hood? Already comes with ramair and is just like the concept hood... Check out my car for pics....
http://www.trufiber.com/Trufiber_Mus...f10024-a39.htm
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dylanjunk
Have you looked into the trufiber hood? Already comes with ramair and is just like the concept hood... Check out my car for pics....
http://www.trufiber.com/Trufiber_Mus...f10024-a39.htm
That's nice too. I just sent Trufiber an email requesting a picture of the built in ram air kit. Do you have one you can post?

Thanks.

I suppose neither of these two hoods (Cervini Concept or Trufiber) are very popular, 131 views and only 2 replies.?????
Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 AM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08 Pony Package
That's nice too. I just sent Trufiber an email requesting a picture of the built in ram air kit. Do you have one you can post?

Thanks.

I suppose neither of these two hoods (Cervini Concept or Trufiber) are very popular, 131 views and only 2 replies.?????
I noticed if you click on the Trufiber link, then click on the picture of the red Mustang another window will pop up with more pictures of the hood including the underside.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
I noticed if you click on the Trufiber link, then click on the picture of the red Mustang another window will pop up with more pictures of the hood including the underside.
Thanks...I saw that too but it looked to me to be just the outlines of the kit, not the actual kit. Unless I am mistaken.

I emailed Trufiber to see if I get can clarifcation.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 AM
JimC

The "outlines" you see in the last shot are simply the ribbing support for the underside of the hood. It is showing you the actual hood from the bottom so you can see how the support is and the flow over to the air box. If you take the blanket off your stock hood you will see the same "outlines"

Technically it isn't "ram air" as was done in the 60's and 70's where it directed air right into the carburetor. Today it is dumping air from outside through the ducts on to your air box. With an open air filter like with a C&L intake you will get some outside air. With the stock air box and the closed top you probably won't get much outside air.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Dylanjunk
2nd Gear Member

Do you still need a pic? I love the hood but its a lil weird at first with the supercharger clearance
Old 03-04-2012, 12:58 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dylanjunk
Do you still need a pic? I love the hood but its a lil weird at first with the supercharger clearance
Yes, please. I assume this is attached to the underside of the hood like the Cervini Concept ram air kit is.

Jim C. Thanks for the clarification regarding true ram-air. I intend to get a CAI at some point in time, however, prior to that I believe I will be able to modify the stock air box to accomodate the "ram air" kit. AM's website mentions minor modifications to stock air box.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Dylanjunk
2nd Gear Member

here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Cervini Concept Hood with or without Ram Air Kit-img_0053.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cervini Concept Hood with or without Ram Air Kit