Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

You guys like pictures and I like criticism.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

You need some sidewalls to go with those tires...
And some bigger brake rotors to go with those rims...

Last edited by 157dB; 03-24-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Best time to take good photos of our cars is at sunset, sunrise or on a cloudy day. Too much sun out without a filter causes glare and doesn't show the true color of your car.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
You need some sidewalls to go with those tires...
And some bigger brake rotors to go with those rims...

What parts are sarcasm cuz I like the sidewall and those is stock rotors
Old 03-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

correct me if I'm wrong but I think the GT's have bigger front brakes than the sixxers. But if I do get new wheels' I'll probably go bigger but I'm happy with these and I'd rather put the money into to Muscle jar than the appearance jar.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Zod

I don't know much about car photography so I won't say anything about it, cause it seems to be fine to me, except what someone already said about having the rims face the camera vs the rubber.

Aesthetic wise, I think it looks really great. If you wanted a meaner look, like you mentioned, maybe black 1/4 window louvers. I agree with your idea about a new hood though, in my opinion the hood looks really plain compared to the rest. Maybe some type of black side stripes to tie together the dark look of the wheels.

Overall, great car!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zod
I don't know much about car photography so I won't say anything about it, cause it seems to be fine to me, except what someone already said about having the rims face the camera vs the rubber.

Aesthetic wise, I think it looks really great. If you wanted a meaner look, like you mentioned, maybe black 1/4 window louvers. I agree with your idea about a new hood though, in my opinion the hood looks really plain compared to the rest. Maybe some type of black side stripes to tie together the dark look of the wheels.

Overall, great car!
i was thinking a AM mach 1 hood with black stripes going back from the vents to the windshield. i can't find a pick of it but you're right, the hood is really plain
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Your after pictures look nice but they make your car look orange. If i didn't see the before's I would have thought your car was definitely orange

Originally Posted by mustang0672
You asked for criticism you got it...constructive criticism that is.

When taking pictures try to choose the best part of the day to do so without the sun making shadows like in some of your pictures. If you do not have time to wait around and wait for the sun to start setting or you are taking them right at noon try this. When the car is facing away from the sun it produces unsightly shadows which ruins pictures, try to "Move your feet"which simply means place the car pointing the sun where it highlights all the details which you the car owner would want in pictures. Also, when taking pictures make sure that you do not have any: poles, trees, cars, water towers, etc growing out of the body of the car. In pictures these really do look like they are hanging off the car or growing out of it. Like Mayo said, unless you are trying to show off your tires make sure to cut the wheels where the camera can get the wheel and not the tire tread.

You can also try different angles, etc by turning the camera slightly, backing up from the car every so often to take multiple pictures, etc. Also try different standing positions, when taking photos DO NOT BE AFRAID TO LAY ON THE GROUND a little germs doesn't kill anyone. Getting close to the ground gives the car a muscular stance and really brings out the curves in the car. After taking some pictures laying on the ground try sitting "indian style" and raise your camera and arms a little bit and take a picture. Practice really helps, the only way to do so is to just go out and shoot and learn from your mistakes as you go along. The area you selected for your pictures isn't a "bad" location but it could have been better. Maybe try to find a not too busy bridge and stop in the middle, turn the car slightly, and cut the wheels like again Mayo said. Also, invest in photoshop there are some of the cheaper versions available of it online or at stores like best buy for only 89.00$. Editing is a must on your glamour photos which you want to make everyone go "WOW!!". Here is an example of some of the stuff you can do:

P.S. : T.A.S. Photography is my photography name. I also am not just "showing off more pictures of my car". I am trying to show him what you can do and help him grow in his photography