Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

CS front bumper PICS included, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Default CS front bumper PICS included, need advice

I have a 2008 GT, just purchased a CS front bumper for it, and just dropped it off for paint. Upon my arrival and meeting with my paint guy, he informed me that the lower chin spoiler, which is built into the bumper is textured. He was skeptical about how the paint job would result.

For those of you who have factory CS front bumpers, and those who have upgraded to the CS front bumper, are your chin spoilers textured? If so, how did the paint come out? I did buy an OEM Ford CS front bumper, not aftermarket.

I know that the two outer lower thirds of the CS bumper come painted from the factory...is it textured from the factory? I am having the whole bumper painted, including the middle section which is suppose to be black. Please let me know your experiences, thanks ahead of time.

Here are a few pic:
-Test fit of the new CS front Bumper
-Holes cut to accommodate the new Agent 47 brake cooling ducts
-Brake duct front scoops installed
-Close up of the final install
Attached Thumbnails CS front bumper PICS included, need advice-2012-04-04_13-25-15_903.jpg   CS front bumper PICS included, need advice-2012-04-05_09-02-39_515.jpg   CS front bumper PICS included, need advice-2012-04-05_09-10-22_834.jpg   CS front bumper PICS included, need advice-040512091716.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

not gonna comment on the use of a CS bumper cover on a non CS, but yes, one could logically divide the bottom of the bumper cover into thirds...the left, the opening (center) and the right...all three are textured from the factory, and the two "outer" thirds that are painted from the factory reflect this...your upgrades in your sig state "Full 3M Clear Bra & Custom CDC Classic Clear Bra"...can i ask what the difference is in the clear bras? May look into this and noticed you had two...
Old 04-05-2012, 02:34 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
not gonna comment on the use of a CS bumper cover on a non CS, but yes, one could logically divide the bottom of the bumper cover into thirds...the left, the opening (center) and the right...all three are textured from the factory, and the two "outer" thirds that are painted from the factory reflect this...your upgrades in your sig state "Full 3M Clear Bra & Custom CDC Classic Clear Bra"...can i ask what the difference is in the clear bras? May look into this and noticed you had two...
From your tone, you don't seem super excited about CS application on a non-CS Mustangs, and I respect that, but there are a lot worse FOPARS out there that have been done.

I have the clear bra installed on three of my vehicles, and a motorcycle. The different companies that specialize in this product mostly all use the same material. The difference between companies is how the material is cut for application. For example...one company may make larger pieces to cover, the lets say...Mustang CS bumper, than a comparator, who will take this larger area and break it down to smaller, more manageable pieces. Both have pros and cons....larger piece will be expensive to replace, but has fewer seems and edges, smaller pieces are less expensive to replace, but have more seems and edges.

I have many custom pieces done on my Mustang, for example...I have Roush louvers. I had my clear bra guy use the Roush installation template and make me two pieces which go around the rear quarter windows. Why, well the lovers never actually touch the paint. If I want to remove them, I have no paint issues. My CDC classic chin was installed and my clear bra guy made three custom pieces of material for it, sides X2 and a middle section.

My clear bra guy cuts his own film from CAD software, so this is a non issue for me.

Thanks for the input on the CS bumper regardless....
Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Yes the CS bumpers are textured and the textured "ends" are painted. After an accident I had a CS front bumper painted and installed on my car. My paint guy was also skeptical but the paint came out great and still looks great after 2 plus years.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
Yes the CS bumpers are textured and the textured "ends" are painted. After an accident I had a CS front bumper painted and installed on my car. My paint guy was also skeptical but the paint came out great and still looks great after 2 plus years.
Very Much appreciate the feedback my friend, thanks! Did you have it traditionally painted, black in the center?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:01 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Yep, textured at the bottom, but it still looks good, you have no reason to worry. I got my GT/CS front end after an accident last year. My paint guy didn't second guess it, but then again, he does a lot of body work and paint on mustangs and is a mod on these forums.

It's gonna look good, gothamems, don't you worry! Pics after install!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Yep, textured at the bottom, but it still looks good, you have no reason to worry. I got my GT/CS front end after an accident last year. My paint guy didn't second guess it, but then again, he does a lot of body work and paint on mustangs and is a mod on these forums.

It's gonna look good, gothamems, don't you worry! Pics after install!
Thanks my friend!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

It's all about customization and making your Mustang what you want it to be. Who cares if you're using a CS bumper on a non Cali Special or Shelby GT. If your not badging it that, what's the issue? Can't wait to see the finished product OP.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
It's all about customization and making your Mustang what you want it to be. Who cares if you're using a CS bumper on a non Cali Special or Shelby GT. If your not badging it that, what's the issue? Can't wait to see the finished product OP.
Thanks guys! I am super excited about the CS front bumper with the Agent 47 brake cooling system installed. I really think that it looks super aggressive! I will definitely post pics after the install! My clear bra guy suggested I do a carbon fiber wrap on the middle section, the middle section which is traditionally left black. He said if I didn't like it, it was just a matter of peeling it off...what do you think?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM
CAR-15
2nd Gear Member

I had mine painted. Left the middle part black. Paint looks perfect, just like the factory CS's.

Quick Reply: CS front bumper PICS included, need advice