Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Finally got the hood done!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:00 PM
JimC

Default Finally got the hood done!

I picked up the Foose/PJ hood from CDC last fall and have been working on it slowly. Finally finished up the cutting and fabricating to mount the Shaker to the hood. It is open to draw air on top of the Xcharger, but when I raise the hood there isn't a shroud trapping hot air.

I have to take it back to the painter for some touch up and he needs to do some more rubbing out on the hood and fender; plus he is going to paint the underside of the hood with the stripe and had to wait until I finished fabricating the mounting plate. But the car is now ready to put up for sale basically - just like every house I've owned, get it looking just how I want so I can sell it LOL (new 2013 is on the way).

Because of the pulley on the Xcharger I had to adjust the mount so that the scoop sits up a little further to the front. Otherwise I would have had the pulley exposed after cutting the slot to clear it in the mounting plate.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:07 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

WOW! That looks slick...

What im most impressed with tho is that you managed to get a setup that runs both the shaker and the x... didnt think it was possible. Would love to see pics of the underhood when you get a chance!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM
JimC

I thought I had this picture in that posting. Not much to see though really. I mounted an aluminum plate to the hood itself, cut it open for the air to come in. I trimmed the plastic shroud so that all I had was the part that the shaker mounts to. Inside of that I have some C-channel aluminum to support the scoop and to attach everything to the aluminum plate. The shroud piece just hides the C-channel.

You can see more in this shot I think, along with the fact that the painter isn't finished with the underside. Now that I finished the fabrication of the mount he will paint the stripe on the bottom of the hood so it will continue to be seen with the hood up. You can also see the notch I had to make in the plate and C-channel to clear the pulley. So that will be painted this week as well.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Looks great Jim! Whoever grabs that car is going to be a lucky SOB. May have some mileage, but it's been taken care of well.

Had no idea you were in the market for a 2013, what are you grabbing?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Wow thats sharp nicely done
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

Very nice Jim !
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Very unique looking hood, good work.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 PM
JimC

Thanks - going to hate getting rid of it now!

I have a new 2013 on order, Race Red MCA Edition convertible, with saddle interior. I'll drive it stock (well, at least a tune anyway) until the spring. Then my plan is to add a turbo on this one since the XCharger won't fit on the 3.7, and hope to get that car into the 11's. I'll pull the 6 point cage out of this car before I sell it because I can use it in the new car. I may have it powder coated race red with a black stripe, still trying to decide on that.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Hood looks fantastic Jim.

Sorry to hear you're letting her go, sort of the end of an era, but I certainly understand the attraction of the 2013.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Really nice!

Quick Reply: Finally got the hood done!