Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator
 
pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 06
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 13,120
Default

OK...
You kids need to know your Mustang History and stop sounding like new borns.
This here, is the only and real Eleanor:

Click the image to open in full size.

It's from the (real) movie "Gone in 60 second" from 1974.
That car was not even a Mach1 BTW, just a regular sport roof with a blacked out scheme on it.

There were no Eleanor in 68...
Some moron in Hollywood came up with the movie in 2000 and decided to build a 68 fastback (build by Foose if I recall) that he called Eleanor, lol.
So basically, a bondo bucket took the name of a car from a 74 movie because it sounded cool.
Later on, Cervini came up with their version for the 05/09 body style.
Then there was the Ronaele, lol...

As far as Retrobuilt... By a real 69 Mach for cheaper if you have any brains.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,730
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
OK...
You kids need to know your Mustang History and stop sounding like new borns.
This here, is the only and real Eleanor:

Click the image to open in full size.

It's from the (real) movie "Gone in 60 second" from 1974.
That car was not even a Mach1 BTW, just a regular sport roof with a blacked out scheme on it.

There were no Eleanor in 68...
Some moron in Hollywood came up with the movie in 2000 and decided to build a 68 fastback (build by Foose if I recall) that he called Eleanor, lol.
So basically, a bondo bucket took the name of a car from a 74 movie because it sounded cool.
Later on, Cervini came up with their version for the 05/09 body style.
Then there was the Ronaele, lol...

As far as Retrobuilt... By a real 69 Mach for cheaper if you have any brains.
But it'd be a sin to make a classic Mustang into a DD...
__________________
Two Stang MF'er

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator
 
pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 06
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 13,120
Default

Why?
It's just a car, you live only once and it's a short affair.
This used to be my daily driver from 93 to 06:

Click the image to open in full size.

Not so much anymore, I ride motorcycles a lot these days...
__________________
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,730
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
Why?
It's just a car, you live only once and it's a short affair.
This used to be my daily driver from 93 to 06:

Click the image to open in full size.

Not so much anymore, I ride motorcycles a lot these days...
Gorgeous car.

And - if he's going to do it - I just hope it doesn't have the original engine, and he doesn't get her too wet... And isn't anything rare, like an actual 69 Mach 1
__________________
Two Stang MF'er

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #15
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

 
PNYXPRESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 2,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Gun View Post
But it'd be a sin to make a classic Mustang into a DD...
Its a sin to leave them to rot in a garage and not enjoy them.

Whats the point of owning one if you dont drive it.
__________________

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,730
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS View Post
Its a sin to leave them to rot in a garage and not enjoy them.

Whats the point of owning one if you dont drive it.
Weekend Warrior it.
__________________
Two Stang MF'er

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

 
PNYXPRESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 2,065
Default

f- that. I dd my 'classic'. And yes my 91 is technically a classic since its over 20 yrs old.
__________________

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,730
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS View Post
f- that. I dd my 'classic'. And yes my 91 is technically a classic since its over 20 yrs old.
... I don't like to insult Foxbodies, because I majorly respect them as cars and as a step in the evolution of the Mustang, but - of all the things I think of them as - "classic" is not one of them.

By that logic, the old Honda's that ricers put giant wings and stickers on, are classics.
__________________
Two Stang MF'er

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator
 
pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 06
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 13,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Gun View Post
Gorgeous car.

And - if he's going to do it - I just hope it doesn't have the original engine, and he doesn't get her too wet... And isn't anything rare, like an actual 69 Mach 1
Thanks.

But it's such a shame to just look at them.
Drive them and wear them out, you can always rebuild them.
That Cougar of mine is on its 3rd engine since I owned it (302, 392, 342).
I took that Cleveland out long ago and set it aside for sake of originality.
__________________
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,730
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
I took that Cleveland out long ago and set it aside for sake of originality.
Man, I so wish more people would do that.

My cousin has the original engine of his Trans Am sitting in his garage. Drives it with a 350 or something in it.

My other cousin has the original trans of his 65 Fastback in his garage, too. Drives it with a 5 speed.
__________________
Two Stang MF'er

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
05, 0509, 2013, 60s, 68, awesome, eleanor, emblem, gt500, louver, lowered, mustang, mustangs, pics, rims, s197, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup