Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Make a 05-09 mustang look like a 60s mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 PM
97-MStang

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
What you need is a Pro Touring Mustang. Guys are running Pro Touring Muscle cars that can F up even the best of today's Super Cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IfpqBTVt3E
Well first thats out of budget,but is awesome.
well in that car half the people are complimenting you and the rest are ad that you ruined a classic.(reffering to whoever has the car)
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Man, I so wish more people would do that.

My cousin has the original engine of his Trans Am sitting in his garage. Drives it with a 350 or something in it.

My other cousin has the original trans of his 65 Fastback in his garage, too. Drives it with a 5 speed.
Here you go, just bolt on mods.
You can put the car back to original in a weekend or less in the case of a tranny swap.

That's what I did with mine... more efficient mill with Tremec 5spd and disc brakes all around.
Totally non stock suspension etc...
Fun,
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 97-MStang
and random question, do antiques have to pass smog
Nope, as there were not equipped that way when they came out of the factory...

The thing about the Eleanor name was just an educational bit in order to have a good resume on your Mustang card, lol.
A lot of considered "Hard core" Mustang fans don't even know the story and that makes me laugh.
You can call that 68 by its usurped name, it's no biggie.
Now you know the real deal and it's your turn to laugh.

Thanks for the compliment BTW.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Unless you plan on supercharging or doing REALLY loud exhaust, don't worry about emissions. Tell Bama that you have to pass.

So glad I live in the mid west. No emissions testing out here.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:05 PM
merc64
1st Gear Member

The main reason I bought this 08 is because to me it looked almost dead on for a 70 Mach 1 or as close as you can get to one anyway. It has the shaker hood, rear louvers, aggressive chin spoiler, and topped off with the new style 500 wheels

I've driven a 63 Fairlane Sport Coupe and 66 Mustang as daily drivers in Atlanta traffic within the last 10-15 years. If you're used to old cars and mechanically inclined it's not a problem. If you are not either of those I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Like it or not the fox body cars are now becoming classics. Look at it this way, I graduated high school in 1985, 65-70 Mustangs were only 15-20 years old then and we considered them cool "old" cars even then. Pull up in an 85 GT today and see how many folks say cool "old" mustang to ya
Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by merc64
The main reason I bought this 08 is because to me it looked almost dead on for a 70 Mach 1 or as close as you can get to one anyway. It has the shaker hood, rear louvers, aggressive chin spoiler, and topped off with the new style 500 wheels

I've driven a 63 Fairlane Sport Coupe and 66 Mustang as daily drivers in Atlanta traffic within the last 10-15 years. If you're used to old cars and mechanically inclined it's not a problem. If you are not either of those I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Like it or not the fox body cars are now becoming classics. Look at it this way, I graduated high school in 1985, 65-70 Mustangs were only 15-20 years old then and we considered them cool "old" cars even then. Pull up in an 85 GT today and see how many folks say cool "old" mustang to ya
Uh, dude, hate to point this out, but your hood looks misaligned
Old 05-31-2012, 04:05 PM
dennisafrompa
1st Gear Member

Default My take on retro look....

...on my '08 Bullitt.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:11 PM
merc64
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Uh, dude, hate to point this out, but your hood looks misaligned
Yep sure is, only bought the car two days ago. It also has curb rash on 2 wheels, a small mark on the rear bumper, and some dust in the trunk. When I get that all cleaned up I'll repost and see if it meets your approval.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by merc64
Yep sure is, only bought the car two days ago. It also has curb rash on 2 wheels, a small mark on the rear bumper, and some dust in the trunk. When I get that all cleaned up I'll repost and see if it meets your approval.
Well, I was just making sure you hadn't had the shaker done and gotten stiffed by a bad shop.

Lighten up, man. Just watching out for you.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

As far as I knew (and this article says) the newer Eleanor's were all 67's

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...s/viewall.html

Originally Posted by pascal
Nope, as there were not equipped that way when they came out of the factory...

The thing about the Eleanor name was just an educational bit in order to have a good resume on your Mustang card, lol.
A lot of considered "Hard core" Mustang fans don't even know the story and that makes me laugh.
You can call that 68 by its usurped name, it's no biggie.
Now you know the real deal and it's your turn to laugh.

Thanks for the compliment BTW.

Quick Reply: Make a 05-09 mustang look like a 60s mustang