MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section-122/)
-   -   Make a 05-09 mustang look like a 60s mustang (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section/673472-make-a-05-09-mustang-look-like-a-60s-mustang.html)

97-MStang 05-30-2012 12:03 PM

Make a 05-09 mustang look like a 60s mustang
 
Is there a front bumper/front end and rear end that will make it look like a 60s Eleanor gt500. Basically, i am considering a 60s mustang as a first car but am also considering a newer one, so Is there a front end/bumper and rear end.

Thanks

BrandonsBlueStang 05-30-2012 12:22 PM

Are you looking for something like this?http://www.americanmuscle.com/eleano...le-0509gt.html

Or are you looking for a whole front/rear bumper?

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 12:35 PM

Dude, you don't want a classic Mustang as your first car. You don't have the experience to not wreck it, and I guarantee you can't keep it garaged almost all year so them miles don't rack up, and keep it from getting exposed to weather. It wouldn't be right to make a piece of American history into a DD.

Tanner05 05-30-2012 12:57 PM

There are many different body kits.
There is the Eleanor body kit.
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0001_large.jpg
As for having a classic as your first car, think about dependability and all the creature comforts of the newer Stangs. Its pretty awesome to be able to jump in my car and not have to worry about it breaking down on me. ;)

gmoran1469 05-30-2012 01:16 PM

@OP, all you need to do is buy the eleanor body kit for the 05-09. It definately won't look like a 68 eleanor but it will be as close as you can get.

Don't get a classic 60 as a DD

PNYXPRESS 05-30-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanner05 (Post 7954577)
Its pretty awesome to be able to jump in my car and not have to worry about it breaking down on me. ;)

I would be more worried about the reliability of the newer cars with all the electronics and crap in them over a classic that has very little to go wrong with.

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 01:36 PM

Or go drop 45K on a Retrobuilt. IMO it'd be worth it.

http://retrobuilt.com/index_htm_files/544.jpg

http://retrobuilt.com/index_htm_files/964.jpg

http://retrobuilt.com/index_htm_files/462.jpg

http://retrobuilt.com/index_htm_files/444.jpg

97-MStang 05-30-2012 02:04 PM

Yeah, i was at the vintage forums and tent suggested that I get a 05-08 because for te older ones you need some knowledge on the engines, so i was looking for something like the retro built but something that is not 45k and just replaceable by taking out the front bumper and putting in one like that.

I like the 69s and below...
So does
Anyone know if there is anything like that

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97-MStang (Post 7954652)
Yeah, i was at the vintage forums and tent suggested that I get a 05-08 because for te older ones you need some knowledge on the engines, so i was looking for something like the retro built but something that is not 45k and just replaceable by taking out the front bumper and putting in one like that.

I like the 69s and below...
So does
Anyone know if there is anything like that

45K after car cost and the cost of the conversion. I called and got a quote myself. Its more than just the front. Requires that you redo the geometry of everything in the forward engine compartment.

There are tons of retro styling options. Go look on Americanmuscle.com under scoops, louvers, ect.

Some guy on here has a black and white Mustang that looks pretty retro.

Mod list I suggest: SHR flush mount louvers or http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...ow-covers.html

MMD Rear Window Louver - make SURE you get the aluminum one - ABS looks cheap - http://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-w...vers-0512.html

Cervini's Mustang Pedestal Wing - http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...stal-wing.html

CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler - http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdcagchsp2gt.html

CDC Shaker System (to give it that R code look) - http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-20...er-system.html

A California Special rear bumper - http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.a...paign=shopping

Cervini's C-Series Mustang Side Scoops = http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...de-scoops.html

Some throaty mufflers, I prefer the Flowmaster American Thunders

Some Shelby stripes.

And some 5 spoke Bullitt wheels - in anthracite - not chrome. I prefer 18-19 inches. Anything larger than 20 is completely stupid.

Nuke 05-30-2012 06:54 PM

Go buy a pre-69 and build it. I've seen someone take an S197 and add chrome to make it look vintage but it looked like azz.

pascal 05-30-2012 07:35 PM

OK...
You kids need to know your Mustang History and stop sounding like new borns.
This here, is the only and real Eleanor:

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...lime06/972.jpg

It's from the (real) movie "Gone in 60 second" from 1974.
That car was not even a Mach1 BTW, just a regular sport roof with a blacked out scheme on it.

There were no Eleanor in 68...
Some moron in Hollywood came up with the movie in 2000 and decided to build a 68 fastback (build by Foose if I recall) that he called Eleanor, lol.
So basically, a bondo bucket took the name of a car from a 74 movie because it sounded cool.
Later on, Cervini came up with their version for the 05/09 body style.
Then there was the Ronaele, lol...

As far as Retrobuilt... By a real 69 Mach for cheaper if you have any brains.

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascal (Post 7954948)
OK...
You kids need to know your Mustang History and stop sounding like new borns.
This here, is the only and real Eleanor:

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...lime06/972.jpg

It's from the (real) movie "Gone in 60 second" from 1974.
That car was not even a Mach1 BTW, just a regular sport roof with a blacked out scheme on it.

There were no Eleanor in 68...
Some moron in Hollywood came up with the movie in 2000 and decided to build a 68 fastback (build by Foose if I recall) that he called Eleanor, lol.
So basically, a bondo bucket took the name of a car from a 74 movie because it sounded cool.
Later on, Cervini came up with their version for the 05/09 body style.
Then there was the Ronaele, lol...

As far as Retrobuilt... By a real 69 Mach for cheaper if you have any brains.

But it'd be a sin to make a classic Mustang into a DD...

pascal 05-30-2012 07:57 PM

Why?
It's just a car, you live only once and it's a short affair.
This used to be my daily driver from 93 to 06: :):)

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...dlime06/32.jpg

Not so much anymore, I ride motorcycles a lot these days...

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascal (Post 7954978)
Why?
It's just a car, you live only once and it's a short affair.
This used to be my daily driver from 93 to 06: :):)

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...dlime06/32.jpg

Not so much anymore, I ride motorcycles a lot these days...

Gorgeous car.

And - if he's going to do it - I just hope it doesn't have the original engine, and he doesn't get her too wet... And isn't anything rare, like an actual 69 Mach 1

PNYXPRESS 05-30-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_Gun (Post 7954965)
But it'd be a sin to make a classic Mustang into a DD...

Its a sin to leave them to rot in a garage and not enjoy them.

Whats the point of owning one if you dont drive it.

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS (Post 7954993)
Its a sin to leave them to rot in a garage and not enjoy them.

Whats the point of owning one if you dont drive it.

Weekend Warrior it.

PNYXPRESS 05-30-2012 08:13 PM

f- that. I dd my 'classic'. And yes my 91 is technically a classic since its over 20 yrs old.

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS (Post 7955001)
f- that. I dd my 'classic'. And yes my 91 is technically a classic since its over 20 yrs old.

... I don't like to insult Foxbodies, because I majorly respect them as cars and as a step in the evolution of the Mustang, but - of all the things I think of them as - "classic" is not one of them.

By that logic, the old Honda's that ricers put giant wings and stickers on, are classics.

pascal 05-30-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_Gun (Post 7954986)
Gorgeous car.

And - if he's going to do it - I just hope it doesn't have the original engine, and he doesn't get her too wet... And isn't anything rare, like an actual 69 Mach 1

Thanks.

But it's such a shame to just look at them.
Drive them and wear them out, you can always rebuild them.
That Cougar of mine is on its 3rd engine since I owned it (302, 392, 342).
I took that Cleveland out long ago and set it aside for sake of originality.

Young_Gun 05-30-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascal (Post 7955011)
I took that Cleveland out long ago and set it aside for sake of originality.

Man, I so wish more people would do that.

My cousin has the original engine of his Trans Am sitting in his garage. Drives it with a 350 or something in it.

My other cousin has the original trans of his 65 Fastback in his garage, too. Drives it with a 5 speed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.