Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
97-MStang

Vehicle: n/a
Default Make a 05-09 mustang look like a 60s mustang

Is there a front bumper/front end and rear end that will make it look like a 60s Eleanor gt500. Basically, i am considering a 60s mustang as a first car but am also considering a newer one, so Is there a front end/bumper and rear end.

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
97-MStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
BrandonsBlueStang
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Are you looking for something like this?http://www.americanmuscle.com/eleano...le-0509gt.html

Or are you looking for a whole front/rear bumper?
BrandonsBlueStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun

Dude, you don't want a classic Mustang as your first car. You don't have the experience to not wreck it, and I guarantee you can't keep it garaged almost all year so them miles don't rack up, and keep it from getting exposed to weather. It wouldn't be right to make a piece of American history into a DD.

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Vehicle: '14 GT/CS

There are many different body kits.
There is the Eleanor body kit.
Click the image to open in full size.
As for having a classic as your first car, think about dependability and all the creature comforts of the newer Stangs. Its pretty awesome to be able to jump in my car and not have to worry about it breaking down on me.

2014 GT/CS MT - Stock
Sold: 2005 4.0
Tanner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Ford, Mustang

@OP, all you need to do is buy the eleanor body kit for the 05-09. It definately won't look like a 68 eleanor but it will be as close as you can get.

Don't get a classic 60 as a DD

14" Front/Rear Brakes, Koni STR.T, Eibach Sportline Springs, Steeda HD C/C mounts, Fays2 Watt's Link, UMI 1049 Front-end Links, Steeda Billet LCA-roto/urethane, BMR LCA Reloc. Brackets, Steeda Adj. UCA, Steeda 3rd-link rotobush, SS Brake lines/DOT4, synthetic fluid swap, Stack Racing front strut brace, Roush CAI, Brenspeed 93oct tune street/track, Steeda Ultra-lite 18x9.5, Hawk HPS brake pads, A49 brake ducting
gmoran1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner05 View Post
Its pretty awesome to be able to jump in my car and not have to worry about it breaking down on me.
I would be more worried about the reliability of the newer cars with all the electronics and crap in them over a classic that has very little to go wrong with.

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Or go drop 45K on a Retrobuilt. IMO it'd be worth it.

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Old 05-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
97-MStang

Vehicle: n/a

Yeah, i was at the vintage forums and tent suggested that I get a 05-08 because for te older ones you need some knowledge on the engines, so i was looking for something like the retro built but something that is not 45k and just replaceable by taking out the front bumper and putting in one like that.

I like the 69s and below...
So does
Anyone know if there is anything like that
97-MStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-MStang View Post
Yeah, i was at the vintage forums and tent suggested that I get a 05-08 because for te older ones you need some knowledge on the engines, so i was looking for something like the retro built but something that is not 45k and just replaceable by taking out the front bumper and putting in one like that.

I like the 69s and below...
So does
Anyone know if there is anything like that
45K after car cost and the cost of the conversion. I called and got a quote myself. Its more than just the front. Requires that you redo the geometry of everything in the forward engine compartment.

There are tons of retro styling options. Go look on Americanmuscle.com under scoops, louvers, ect.

Some guy on here has a black and white Mustang that looks pretty retro.

Mod list I suggest: SHR flush mount louvers or http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...ow-covers.html

MMD Rear Window Louver - make SURE you get the aluminum one - ABS looks cheap - http://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-w...vers-0512.html

Cervini's Mustang Pedestal Wing - http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...stal-wing.html

CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler - http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdcagchsp2gt.html

CDC Shaker System (to give it that R code look) - http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-20...er-system.html

A California Special rear bumper - http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.a...paign=shopping

Cervini's C-Series Mustang Side Scoops = http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...de-scoops.html

Some throaty mufflers, I prefer the Flowmaster American Thunders

Some Shelby stripes.

And some 5 spoke Bullitt wheels - in anthracite - not chrome. I prefer 18-19 inches. Anything larger than 20 is completely stupid.

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Young_Gun; 05-30-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Go buy a pre-69 and build it. I've seen someone take an S197 and add chrome to make it look vintage but it looked like azz.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:54 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 0509, 2013, 60s, 68, awesome, eleanor, emblem, gt500, louver, lowered, mustang, mustangs, pics, rims, s197, wheels