Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Illuminated Door Sill Plates for 05-13

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Default Illuminated Door Sill Plates for 05-13

Check out these new illuminated door sill plates for the 05-13 Mustangs! Please let me know if I can help you with anything!

Boss 302 - $209.95:

Mustang GT - $209.95:

Mustang - $189.95:

Add a touch of class to your 05-13 Mustang with our Illuminated Door Sill Plates.

Easily snaps into place of the factory door sill plates and includes custom wiring harness for illumination function. LED illumination insures very low power draw.

Scuff plate portion has attractive and durable aluminum finish. Availble with various logos including Mustang, Mustang GT, and Boss 302.

Product Benefits
  • Easy snap in installation
  • Includes wiring harness
  • Low power draw and looks great!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

I went to the Steeda website to see if I could verify the colors....Are the colors of the sill LED lights in the pics, the only colors available for these illuminated sill plates?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:40 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

These are really cool ""IF"" they have a choice of colors or work in conjunction with MyColor..
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

working in conjunction with MyColor or the Ambient Lighting would be awsome.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Ant-Man
1st Gear Member

Honestly looks pretty cool, as the others have stated it would be even better if it came in different color tints.

Also are they always on or is it only when the door is open?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Hello all,

I wanted to let you guys know that the illuminated door sill plates can be used in conjunction with your ambient lighting system and match every color within this system for all 2010 and newer model Mustangs. Please note, the vehicle MUST have the ambient lighting package in the vehicle in order for this function to work. All vehicles without the factory ambient lighting option will be able to choose from 4 colors (Red, White, Blue or Green).

For 2005-09 Models. Currently, we have not developed the wiring harness for the Ambient lighting system in these model years.

Any model year Mustang which does NOT have the ambient lighting function from the factory will have the four colors (mentioned above) available to select. The color choice is selected at the time of installation (these plates to not have to be ordered with a specific color, they are all capable of lighting in the desired colors).

These plates are lit up as long as your ambient lighting is turned on. If your vehicle is not equipped with ambient lighting, these plates will illuminate upon opening the door(s) and turn off with the map lights.

My color is a separate function from the ambient lighting system and has no bearing on the color or function of the illuminated door sill plates.

Hope this helps clear a few questions.

Please let me know if anyone has any additional questions regarding this product.

Thank you!
Reon
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

No offense, but why is this $209??????? C'mon man. You see them for maybe 2 seconds.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

they look nice...good touch for car shows.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CDCSales
Hello all,

For 2005-09 Models. Currently, we have not developed the wiring harness for the Ambient lighting system in these model years. Is this still true? Please see the link and pic below from AM...They are the only vendor that I have found that sells the "appropriate" GT/CS sill for the 2007-09...I say that as all the others have '5.0' and 'powered by ford' on them as well...

My color is a separate function from the ambient lighting system and has no bearing on the color or function of the illuminated door sill plates. How do I know what I have? My footwells and cupholders and speedo cluster change to many colors, but I have no idea if this is ambient or mycolor? Please advise?

Reon
Reon: Please see my questions in red above and the referenced link below.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/gtcs-i...sill-0513.html

Last edited by highline; 01-09-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
Reon: Please see my questions in red above and the referenced link below.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/gtcs-i...sill-0513.html
Ambient lighting is the lights around the console and footwells. MyColor is the dash cluster color changing. MyColor has 125 possible colors, while Ambient lighting has only 7 or 8 colors.

The door sills can be made to do any of the 7-8 colors the console does. They do not work off the dash MyColor. I put my door sills in this fall off eBay. I gave 89.00 for the Mustang ones and installed them in about 20 minutes. I wired mine blue then, but have since come up with a console out of an 08 with ambient lights, so now they work off the console switch. If you want to wire them to one color, you could use the right pillar post wiring for hooking it up. It's a quick and simple way to wire it up. You can choose between the two wires on how you want it to work also.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sill Plates for 05-13