Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

CS/GT front bumper

Old 04-23-2013, 02:35 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

The front end is on. I still have to add the stripes, but I have to wash this thing before I do that. It is so damn dirty from sitting this winter. Looks more like it was outside than in a garage all winter. Here is a pic of the CS front end on my black 07. I'll have outside pictures this week sometime, but they actually called for some more snow possibly tonight. PLEASE. Enough is enough, even for Alaska. lol
Attached Thumbnails CS/GT front bumper-sam_0726aa.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

snow...whatta nightmare...Looks pretty great!!!SilverHorseRacing middle insert? You say you were gonna continue the blue strips all the way down?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
snow...whatta nightmare...Looks pretty great!!!SilverHorseRacing middle insert? You say you were gonna continue the blue strips all the way down?
Ordered the SHR lower grille cover today as a matter of fact. 90 delivered from SHR direct. AM was 90 also, but wanted 25 to ship to AK. SHR paid the shipping.

Yes to the stripes. I'm going to add the piece below the upper grille and about 10 inches under the license plate. Just enough to finish it off. It looks off ending at the hood edge and not continuing on over. The rear comes all the way down to the rear diffuser.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 AM
beardimus prime

Originally Posted by akdoggie
LMR is selling the Ford kit. There is absolutely no difference. They even have the same Ford part number (6R3Z-6420049AA for the front, 6R3Z6320049BA for the rear bumper) listed on their box. Just price is the difference. Order it online, from Ford, to pickup at your local dealer. They then have to give it to you for the Ford price. Its a win win for you.
I saved a lot of money on your suggestion, thank you for that. I got it 344 delivered to my local ford dealer. Im waiting on paint and a GT grille now. I want the cervini's 13 bar GT billet grille, but I know nothing of its quality or if it is merely an insert grille or not.

Also, I have heard of other parts needed. a GT/CS splash guard, GT fender well linings, and new foam in the bumper.
do you have these on yours or no?

sorry, I'm just trying to make sure I don't short myself and pay a price for it when I'm trying to get everything put on.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by beardimus prime
I saved a lot of money on your suggestion, thank you for that. I got it 344 delivered to my local ford dealer. Im waiting on paint and a GT grille now. I want the cervini's 13 bar GT billet grille, but I know nothing of its quality or if it is merely an insert grille or not.

Also, I have heard of other parts needed. a GT/CS splash guard, GT fender well linings, and new foam in the bumper.
do you have these on yours or no?

sorry, I'm just trying to make sure I don't short myself and pay a price for it when I'm trying to get everything put on.
I bought both inner fender liners (frt sides) off Rock Auto. They were about 2 mils thinner than the factory but where they go and what they do, they are more than sufficient and a bit easier to line up than the new factory part. I reused my original front bumper reinforcement and upper mount. On the upper, I cut it flat even, where the v6 stamp is and it is perfect. RockAuto's piece is just styrofoam and the factory piece is much stronger. The skirts and under radiator panel are fine from Rock Auto. The inner skirts were 7.00 each and the panel under the front was 16.00. The dealer was 38 each and 52 for the panel. So 128 dealer vs 27 for RockAuto for filler and cover? You choose how you want to do that. Being in Alaska makes it harder on freight charges and R/A was only 13. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. lol

Oh yes, have a good rivet gun handy or your are in trouble. The side mounts have to be riveted on. The hardware parts are in the bag, but it takes a fairly heavy duty gun to install these rivets. Or ask who ever is painting it to install them before painting. It will save you possible scratches if you install them after painting. Do everything you can ahead of time, and you will be much better off and have less chance of damage or scratching your new paint. Good luck

Last edited by akdoggie; 04-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM
beardimus prime

Originally Posted by akdoggie
I bought both inner fender liners (frt sides) off Rock Auto. They were about 2 mils thinner than the factory but where they go and what they do, they are more than sufficient and a bit easier to line up than the new factory part. I reused my original front bumper reinforcement and upper mount. On the upper, I cut it flat even, where the v6 stamp is and it is perfect. RockAuto's piece is just styrofoam and the factory piece is much stronger. The skirts and under radiator panel are fine from Rock Auto. The inner skirts were 7.00 each and the panel under the front was 16.00. The dealer was 38 each and 52 for the panel. So 128 dealer vs 27 for RockAuto for filler and cover? You choose how you want to do that. Being in Alaska makes it harder on freight charges and R/A was only 13. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. lol

Oh yes, have a good rivet gun handy or your are in trouble. The side mounts have to be riveted on. The hardware parts are in the bag, but it takes a fairly heavy duty gun to install these rivets. Or ask who ever is painting it to install them before painting. It will save you possible scratches if you install them after painting. Do everything you can ahead of time, and you will be much better off and have less chance of damage or scratching your new paint. Good luck

You are the man! I just ordered my grille so its time to paint and wait.
I have all types of rivet guns so that won't be a problem. Thank you for your input. I'm going to go with the RA parts because, like you said, way cheaper and they do what they need to.
as long as I can make the v6 foam work, I don't mind cutting it. I'll make sure to do a mock-up and get everything right before I paint it (was going to have it done, but 300$ vs 65$ for supplies and time).
thank you again for all your help!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by beardimus prime
You are the man! I just ordered my grille so its time to paint and wait.
I have all types of rivet guns so that won't be a problem. Thank you for your input. I'm going to go with the RA parts because, like you said, way cheaper and they do what they need to.
as long as I can make the v6 foam work, I don't mind cutting it. I'll make sure to do a mock-up and get everything right before I paint it (was going to have it done, but 300$ vs 65$ for supplies and time).
thank you again for all your help!
Bright and sunny today. High might get near 50. Wow for us. I think today I will roll out the Mustang and give it a bath. How did your front end come out? Did you get it painted yet?

I installed the SHR panel, and it looks great. I started to put down the stripes for the front fascia, but I'm not so sure right now. What do you guys think. Continue the stripes down below the license plate or stop where they are? Any thoughts?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:02 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Decided to go without the front bumper lower stripes. I decided at first to go with the GT grille. Didn't care for the look for some reason. I had a billet grille in the box for the GT and I added that. I liked it a bit more, but not as nice as I wanted. I finally went to the Elenore style grille. That set it off (to me anyways). That was what it took, along with the SHR lower grille insert. A pony bar emblem on the left side completed the change. I'm happy with what I have as it sits. I may still go with the lower stripes later, but right now, this looks like the way I'm going to keep it. For the summer at least. I can't seem to post up any pics this evening but will shortly with the final result.

Brief update on the 2012 lighted interior sun visor install. They were a complete success. Very nice upgrade. Also, the Homelink/autodim/compass mirror was a super addition. The garage doors read over half a block away, so they are fully open when you get there. All in all, some great upgrades to our 05-09's.

The 2012 outside painted mirrors (with the convex mirror inserts) seem to work much better than the originals. I can now see the cars on the right that sneak up when you are in multi-lane traffic. I hate the fact that they come out of no where and with our Mustang's lack of rear visibility, it makes these almost a must add on our cars.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:14 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Got these to upload. The stripes are really the same blue as the side faders but the camera made them whitish? Anyways, this is the way I'm going to leave it this summer. I may still add the lower front stripes, but for now, I think this will have to do.

I still have my valve covers to put on, but with all the black on the car, may just leave them the way they are, and sell off my blue ones.
Attached Thumbnails CS/GT front bumper-s7301917.jpg   CS/GT front bumper-s7301930.jpg   CS/GT front bumper-s7301916.jpg   CS/GT front bumper-s7301925.jpg  

Last edited by akdoggie; 05-23-2013 at 04:10 AM.