Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

CS/GT front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Default CS/GT front bumper

I decided today to pull the plug and buy a CS/GT front bumper kit. I ordered 6R3Z-6320049-AA. I know that this is a full kit with lower grille and mount panel, but does anyone know if it comes with the splitter also? My guy couldn't tell me exactly what was in the kit because they hadn't ordered one before except for a body shop. Does anyone know what is in the kit?

Ford now lists this kit at 399.00 online. I bought it for 314.94 today from my local Ford dealer here in Anchorage, AK. What a deal and no freight charges. I couldn't pass this up. It was higher last year. Glad I checked today.

Last edited by akdoggie; 01-09-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: left out where purchased
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ont-Bumper-Kit

This is what comes in the kit I bought. I found this picture on LMR and it is the same kit that Ford sells as 6R3Z-6320049-AA. It was cheaper from Ford than them and Ford covered the freight. Very kewl if you ask me.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 AM
Ant-Man
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the part number, was gonna get the CS front soon. Also don't forget pics when you get it on.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Nice! Be sure to take pics and post.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Awesome man, congrats. Love the look you have going on your car, this should be a nice addition to it. One of the mods on my list this year...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

Great decision, I put both front and rear gt/cs bumpers on my car last summer. Love the way they look, the front especially. Enjoy!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the props guys. I'll take pictures next week when everything gets here and gets painted. (All I need is a set of R wheels like Kevin's). Also, this Mustang started as a base v6 with d/s cloth power seat and pony spoiler, That was it. Now...........

This should be my last mod (right, you believe that #$%^ I've got a bridge for sale). I've done every mod I can think of that I wanted now (when I put on the frt bumper after painting). Other than putting an 8.8 under her, I've done everything else. I can't lower it any more than she, is due to our road system so that sort of finishes my undercarriage mods. I already have 373's with LSD in my 7.5, so the 8.8 is if I can ever find one that I can buy without paying double (freight to AK is a real biatch for items this big. A hood was over 600 freight only from CA to AK, so I'll stay with the Roush hood scoop until I find a Cervini style hood with dual air inlets).

I'll be adding the ambient console this week with all the foot lights, and am adding the door pocket lights also. Just waiting for my door RGB led's to get here. Then that takes care of the interior too. It already has leather, power seats (both), seat heaters, Billit parts, DVD, IUP, MYColor and all the other goodies.

My engine area is basically done. Mods to the strut towers (had to removed the cross bar with the covers) with the chrome caps, painted v/covers and alternator cover, covers for the battery and m/cyl, radiator end covers, stainless panel, and on and on. I'm think I'm done spending money, for something that my daughter is going to end up with in the end. lol
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I just got my bill today for the CS/GT front fascia kit today. It was actually cheaper than I was first told. It was $312.94. No freight charges. The whole kit weights about 20 pounds, including the box (which is freakin' huge). It is a good thing to put my old v6 cover and chin spoiler in though.

If anyone else decides to go this route, before you spend the money with the aftermarket companies, check with your local dealer. Give them the number, tell them about the 399 list from Ford and ask and see what they can do for you. If I can get it in Alaska for 312.94, you guys in the real world should be able to do this good or better with a good, reputable dealer. Anyone who needs a copy of the invoice to prove to another dealer, just PM me and I'll send you an email copy. That should make the local dealers offer you something better than AM or CJ or anyone else who sells this kit can do for you. Good luck. (Oh yes, I got about the same deal buying the rear fascia). Go for it guys.

Anything you save, is more gasoline in your tank. lol
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 AM
06RubyFire
2nd Gear Member

Can't wait to see the finished look! I've been on the fence about what to do with my front bumper, but I really like the look of the CS bumper cover.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Ant-Man
1st Gear Member

My local dealer quoted me something like $350 for the front and another $350-399 for the back, can't remember exactly but I guessed it's just because of where we live(no sales tax/small town). Although I love the idea of no freight charges AND if there's any damage it's not gonna take a month to get it resolved.

But yea man don't forget to post pics.

Quick Reply: CS/GT front bumper