Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Fun Mods Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

I used a different way to splice and place my wires for my interior led's. I removed my center console and placed the wires in there. when i put my center console back together i put the control box inside the center console, mounting it to the small plastic plate. i drilled the screws into the carpet under the rear passenger seats for mounting the rear lights; i ziptied the front ones to wiring harness under the dash so the lights weren't visable; only the glow. hope this helps, im not much of a describer haha
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
My boy 07BLACKGT made a pretty sweet write-up that even I was able to follow without hiccup. Here it is:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-lighting.html

I believe page 2 is where the write-up begins.

But BR07 has several other sweet mods I also gypped from him, like suede headliner/A-pillars. I can throw some pics up if you want, but the A pillar wrapped in suede made my interior look 100 times nicer and even took care of a few rattles. Plus the ladies love the soft
hahaha thats true the ladies do love the soft.

pictures would be very nice of you. Also could you direct me to where you saw BR07's mods you were talking about.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

SuperbrightLEDS

replace your map lights with colored LEDs for $5!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iAerials
hahaha thats true the ladies do love the soft.

pictures would be very nice of you. Also could you direct me to where you saw BR07's mods you were talking about.
I will take any excuse to post pics lol! But keep in mind, my camera was a cell phone, and you should revert to 07BLACK's pics as his really show the nice shiny deep texture that you get with suede. By contrast, my camera just makes my A pillars look fuzzy =/ Great looking mod if you see it in person though!

My apologies for not being clear, I meant to say one of the two mods I got from 07BLACKGT were in the thread I linked at the top of my previous post, you should find the LED footwell lights mod walkthrough on page 2 (I think) of that thread, and the (other) suede headliner/A-pillar mod that 07BLACKGT also wrote here.

Just let us know if you have any other questions. I can understand any paranoia, as I pretty much pick this forum's brains apart on the smallest of things haha.

Last edited by aaquib1992; 02-06-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:04 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

I will take any excuse to post pics lol! But keep in mind, my camera was a cell phone, and you should revert to 07BLACK's pics as his really show the nice shiny deep texture that you get with suede. By contrast, my camera just makes my A pillars look fuzzy =/ Great looking mod if you see it in person though!

My apologies for not being clear, I meant to say one of the two mods I got from 07BLACKGT were in the thread I linked at the top of my previous post, you should find the LED footwell lights mod walkthrough on page 2 (I think) of that thread, and the (other) suede headliner/A-pillar mod that 07BLACKGT also wrote here.

Just let us know if you have any other questions. I can understand any paranoia, as I pretty much pick this forum's brains apart on the smallest of things haha.

thanks man. the suede looks legit. How much did you pay for it all?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Shorty antenna. I bought a leetle one from Craven Speed. Aluminium louvers were awesome on my GT Coupe. Blacked out decklid, tinted blinkers, Both billet aluminum grills without badging, painted headlights that matched the body color, 2010 (or the upcoming 2013 style) taillights with sequential harnesses, new darker tint. 255's all the way around (or larger if you like.) Agent 47 Mirrors. TCI Ratchet Shifter (or Aftermarket Hurst if you're a manual guy.) CDC Chin spoiler...

Lots of little stuff to add.

Ooh oh, the aluminum plug that fills the gaping 9v plug in the dash. God, that was probably my favorite aftermarket bit. So much better. I THINK I got it from AM.

Could be wrong.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iAerials
thanks man. the suede looks legit. How much did you pay for it all?
Thanks man! I paid about $30-40 for the suede (heavy duty stuff from Jo Ann fabrics) but it was on like a 40% off sale. The places around here have those sales A TON so I just waited until one of them was on and went out and got like 4 meters of it (I think) and had enough to do the pillars and the roof.

Then I got the 3M fabric adhesive, about $10, so I think total I paid less than like $60 for the mod. Great value though, and people always love it.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Thanks man! I paid about $30-40 for the suede (heavy duty stuff from Jo Ann fabrics) but it was on like a 40% off sale. The places around here have those sales A TON so I just waited until one of them was on and went out and got like 4 meters of it (I think) and had enough to do the pillars and the roof.

Then I got the 3M fabric adhesive, about $10, so I think total I paid less than like $60 for the mod. Great value though, and people always love it.
wow that's very impressive. A small write up would be very appreciated since im probably going to do this within the next week.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
SuperbrightLEDS

replace your map lights with colored LEDs for $5!
and does that follow the sticky on the 05-09 appearance front page?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JFitz
Shorty antenna. I bought a leetle one from Craven Speed. Aluminium louvers were awesome on my GT Coupe. Blacked out decklid, tinted blinkers, Both billet aluminum grills without badging, painted headlights that matched the body color, 2010 (or the upcoming 2013 style) taillights with sequential harnesses, new darker tint. 255's all the way around (or larger if you like.) Agent 47 Mirrors. TCI Ratchet Shifter (or Aftermarket Hurst if you're a manual guy.) CDC Chin spoiler...

Lots of little stuff to add.

Ooh oh, the aluminum plug that fills the gaping 9v plug in the dash. God, that was probably my favorite aftermarket bit. So much better. I THINK I got it from AM.

Could be wrong.
wow thats a lot. just to give you some info on my car. Its a black 07. black leather interior. i have the shorty antennae. i have a flowmaster axleback and a CAI. i cant do a tune since its under warranty.

Quick Reply: Fun Mods Suggestions