Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Default V6 underhood cleanup

After hitting a deer late last year I believe I'm finally cleaned up and ready for some carshows again!

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang Pony

Looks good, I just did some cleaning under my hood from the car being in the body shop.
Flowmaster Force II Catback, Topspeed Pro-1 Shorty Headers, JLT Intake, SCT X4 93 Tune, Eibach Sportlines, 15% Tint, Roush 3pc Spoiler, 3dCarbon Blackout panel, 3dCarbon 4pc Pony Kit, Kaenen 3" Cowl Hood, Painted Mirror Caps, Sequential Tails, Boss 338 Wheels, Federal 595EVO Tires

Mods waiting to be installed. BBK 70MM Throttlebody
The01Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GTHG Ford Mustang

Say what???? Did it do any damage to the car I would think a deer would hose the front end of these newer Mustangs.
DocSnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Thanks spent about 6 hours cleaning and installing everything back on the engine.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSnickers View Post
Say what???? Did it do any damage to the car I would think a deer would hose the front end of these newer Mustangs.
well... it did... a car in front of me hit the deer and I ramped the carcass at 60-70 mph. Front wheels off the ground, I couldnt avoid it car in the lane next to me and it was dark. It was the most horrible feeling, the whole under carriage looked powder coated red, cracked the bumper took out the condenser and radiator. Deer hair everywhere and in everything

Last edited by chrisdbassplayer; 05-06-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GTHG Ford Mustang

OUCH the nerve of deer these days. I clipped one a few years back with my Nissan Frontier. Hit antler went though my head light on the passenger side. The little sucker bounced off and tumbled down the road. Got up looked at me like ******* watch where your going then bounded off.
DocSnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

At least you are lucky enough to have a plenum cover on your car. I've had 2 guys locally and one on here that tried to buy the one I have. Makes the top of the v6 look better not having the ugly intake visible. The tubing looks nice. I had considered doing it also, but I thought it might be too much, but after seeing yours I can see doing some of the engine lines. Thanks for the post.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Came out nice!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 v6 Performance Package
Skatched

Damn sounds brutal. That engine bay is gorgeous. What did you use to clean it?

2013 v6 Performance Package
Airraid CAI 91 Tune
Roush Axlebacks
ST Coilovers
Exterior Mods
JayBeStangs94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

You need to get an alternator cover to complete the look. One for our v6's can't hardly be found (only used on 2005's), but you can use one from a 2.0 Focus that fits almost perfectly. You need to remove a 1/4 inch tab, but otherwise it is a direct fit. Gives the engine bay the completed look.

What kind of caps are on your strut towers. I can't quite make them out.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement