Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
samolet
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: MUSTANG 2008, Alloy,Premium GT Package (54G),(18G),(53B),(95M),(602),(44L)...

Good job!! ...and nice colour ;-)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

sit down, strap in & watch the money fly away!

"We buy brands, logos, labels, legends and lies, from the sneakers up to the cars.
Because we have been manipulated more successfully than the elephant which makes handstand in the circus "
(Fritz B. Busch 1922 – 2010).

samolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Christian View Post
Oh man, it's a love hate kinda thing. I really like the rocker stripe, but I know my car would like much better without it.

Since it's Alloy(dark gray), I thought of getting a black one from AM that says American Muscle.

What do you think?
I think a black or red rocker stripe would look better than the white. A black or red rocker stripe would match your wheels.

- 2005, 4.0 - Missing 2 cylinders :-/
- SCT Xcal3 w/ Brenspeed Custom Tunes
- Airaid CAI
- Pypes Streetpro Exhaust
- AM Front Chin Spoiler
- AM Quarter window louvers
- SHR honeycomb decklid panel
- Cobra R wheels
- Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
- Billet Honeycomb Chrome Front Grille Overlay
- Smoked tail lights & turn signals, Mustang 3rd brake light decal
- Raxiom sequential tail light kit
kevinmalec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #13
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

I like the look you are getting, but the rocker stripe is a dead give away it is a v6. Removing those were the second thing I did to my 07 Mustang, right after changing to GT wheels (which now are only used for snow tires in the winter). Your front spoiler/splitter is a nice add. I also agree with the other guys about needing something to go with the side scoops and spoiler in the hood department. Hood scoop? KR hood? Anyway you look at it, You've got a nice ride.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Judge Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdoggie View Post
I like the look you are getting, but the rocker stripe is a dead give away it is a v6. Removing those were the second thing I did to my 07 Mustang, right after changing to GT wheels (which now are only used for snow tires in the winter). Your front spoiler/splitter is a nice add. I also agree with the other guys about needing something to go with the side scoops and spoiler in the hood department. Hood scoop? KR hood? Anyway you look at it, You've got a nice ride.
Thanks man. I saw in your sig that you have a plenum cover for you v6. Where the hell did you get it man? I swear those plenums for the v6 are like trying to track down the Loch Ness monster.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

Great upgrade, it really does "fill out" the front end.

Matthew

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
THS_Steed06
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Vista Blue Mustang Deluxe 4.0 with T-5

I like it too, nice find Andrew!

On my car I've been thinking about adding a Boss type splitter (I have the stock 4L bumper but pretty sure I can custom mount it).
http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-splitter-1012.html

Now I think this front bumper cover could add the same look for a lower cost. I'd paint the thing vista blue and leave the lowest lip all black for a smooth custom look.

How durable would you say it is, can it take a curb impact and survive?

Tom

Last edited by THS_Steed06; 06-22-2013 at 12:04 PM.
THS_Steed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmalec View Post
I think a black or red rocker stripe would look better than the white. A black or red rocker stripe would match your wheels.

Off the subject but I really like your car bro!

Vortech V-1 T Trim SC (intercooled)
HP 292 cams
Teksid SB bored .030 over (forged)
433 RWHP/390 RWTQ
Soldier GT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Christian View Post
Thanks man. I saw in your sig that you have a plenum cover for you v6. Where the hell did you get it man? I swear those plenums for the v6 are like trying to track down the Loch Ness monster.
Yes they are. You won't believe it, but I actually have bought 2 in the past year. One was new (yes new from one of our suppliers who found one) and the other was a take off for a lease return on eBay.

The deal for the new one was funny as hell. I ordered it, then got an email that it was not longer available, and that my money was being refunded. Three days went by and no refund. I decided to give then a call the next morning, when I got up, by my door was a UPS package, with the black plenum I ordered. I called them and they told me that they item was discontinued and I was getting a refund. I told the guy that it came today. He said it was impossible as it was discontinued over 7 months before. I told him fine, give me a credit then, but I'm keeping the cover. They called me later that day, saying they found 4 of them in a box, that never got invoiced and thanked me for ordering. My card was charged, of course. Anyways, they sold them all that day according to the guy, as I told him I'd take another then, but he said they were sent out already.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
TorchVert

Andrew: Great front end look. Nice and clean

As far as plenum covers go I highly recommend this one (does cost a "bit" more, but is available )

Click the image to open in full size.

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011

Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Judge Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THS_Steed06 View Post
I like it too, nice find Andrew!

On my car I've been thinking about adding a Boss type splitter (I have the stock 4L bumper but pretty sure I can custom mount it).
http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-splitter-1012.html

Now I think this front bumper cover could add the same look for a lower cost. I'd paint the thing vista blue and leave the lowest lip all black for a smooth custom look.

How durable would you say it is, can it take a curb impact and survive?

Tom
The material it's made out of is urethane. So it feels very durable. Almost the exact same stuff the actual bumper is made out of. I will say, it took professional install to get it solid. I wanted it so if I move it, the whole bumper moves with it as if it's one solid piece. There are no installation instructions with this product, so don't expect a step by step guide. You get the lip and you get the hardware.

I'm pretty pleased with the quality. Doesn't look or feel cheap to me.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement