Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

My New Front End! v6

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:34 PM
samolet
3rd Gear Member

Good job!! ...and nice colour ;-)
Old 06-21-2013, 03:31 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andrew Christian
Oh man, it's a love hate kinda thing. I really like the rocker stripe, but I know my car would like much better without it.

Since it's Alloy(dark gray), I thought of getting a black one from AM that says American Muscle.

What do you think?
I think a black or red rocker stripe would look better than the white. A black or red rocker stripe would match your wheels.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:10 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I like the look you are getting, but the rocker stripe is a dead give away it is a v6. Removing those were the second thing I did to my 07 Mustang, right after changing to GT wheels (which now are only used for snow tires in the winter). Your front spoiler/splitter is a nice add. I also agree with the other guys about needing something to go with the side scoops and spoiler in the hood department. Hood scoop? KR hood? Anyway you look at it, You've got a nice ride.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
I like the look you are getting, but the rocker stripe is a dead give away it is a v6. Removing those were the second thing I did to my 07 Mustang, right after changing to GT wheels (which now are only used for snow tires in the winter). Your front spoiler/splitter is a nice add. I also agree with the other guys about needing something to go with the side scoops and spoiler in the hood department. Hood scoop? KR hood? Anyway you look at it, You've got a nice ride.
Thanks man. I saw in your sig that you have a plenum cover for you v6. Where the hell did you get it man? I swear those plenums for the v6 are like trying to track down the Loch Ness monster.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Great upgrade, it really does "fill out" the front end.

Matthew
Old 06-22-2013, 10:03 AM
THS_Steed06
2nd Gear Member

I like it too, nice find Andrew!

On my car I've been thinking about adding a Boss type splitter (I have the stock 4L bumper but pretty sure I can custom mount it).
http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-splitter-1012.html

Now I think this front bumper cover could add the same look for a lower cost. I'd paint the thing vista blue and leave the lowest lip all black for a smooth custom look.

How durable would you say it is, can it take a curb impact and survive?

Tom

Last edited by THS_Steed06; 06-22-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
I think a black or red rocker stripe would look better than the white. A black or red rocker stripe would match your wheels.

Off the subject but I really like your car bro!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:39 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andrew Christian
Thanks man. I saw in your sig that you have a plenum cover for you v6. Where the hell did you get it man? I swear those plenums for the v6 are like trying to track down the Loch Ness monster.
Yes they are. You won't believe it, but I actually have bought 2 in the past year. One was new (yes new from one of our suppliers who found one) and the other was a take off for a lease return on eBay.

The deal for the new one was funny as hell. I ordered it, then got an email that it was not longer available, and that my money was being refunded. Three days went by and no refund. I decided to give then a call the next morning, when I got up, by my door was a UPS package, with the black plenum I ordered. I called them and they told me that they item was discontinued and I was getting a refund. I told the guy that it came today. He said it was impossible as it was discontinued over 7 months before. I told him fine, give me a credit then, but I'm keeping the cover. They called me later that day, saying they found 4 of them in a box, that never got invoiced and thanked me for ordering. My card was charged, of course. Anyways, they sold them all that day according to the guy, as I told him I'd take another then, but he said they were sent out already.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Andrew: Great front end look. Nice and clean

As far as plenum covers go I highly recommend this one (does cost a "bit" more, but is available )

Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by THS_Steed06
I like it too, nice find Andrew!

On my car I've been thinking about adding a Boss type splitter (I have the stock 4L bumper but pretty sure I can custom mount it).
http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-splitter-1012.html

Now I think this front bumper cover could add the same look for a lower cost. I'd paint the thing vista blue and leave the lowest lip all black for a smooth custom look.

How durable would you say it is, can it take a curb impact and survive?

Tom
The material it's made out of is urethane. So it feels very durable. Almost the exact same stuff the actual bumper is made out of. I will say, it took professional install to get it solid. I wanted it so if I move it, the whole bumper moves with it as if it's one solid piece. There are no installation instructions with this product, so don't expect a step by step guide. You get the lip and you get the hardware.

I'm pretty pleased with the quality. Doesn't look or feel cheap to me.

Quick Reply: My New Front End! v6