Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Hood Scoops and stripes..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Default Hood Scoops and stripes..

OK, I'm considering a scoop for my 05 GT. Would rather bolt one on, but have heard a great many don't fit the stock hoods very well. I've read many stories of gaps around the scoops, and issues with tape not adhering properly. So, what is the best scoop for the money?

Also considering silver Shelby-style stripes for my Sonic Blue baby. For authenticity and appearance, do I stripe over or under a hood scoop. I've seen it both ways, and am not convinced which is better.

Let's hear some opinions! Thanks!

Old 07-26-2013, 06:43 AM
ncbound123

My 09 has both the scoop and silver stripes under the hood scoop.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Tommyc
1st Gear Member

I think black or silver would look good. I think any combo of scoops and stripes would look good on your car. Here is me,
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ncbound123

Oh, that is a beautiful look! I like that! Do you have a factory scoop, or is it aftermarket?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ncbound123
Damn nice Redfire! Nice work.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:05 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I did the same a NC did. Stripes under the painted factory hood scoop. I personally think that they look better that way, rather than the stripes on the scoop. JMO.
Attached Thumbnails Hood Scoops and stripes..-s7301924.jpg   Hood Scoops and stripes..-s7301918.jpg  

Last edited by akdoggie; 07-27-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:43 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I went with the CS/GT scoop. It does not bolt on, just uses the tape. If you really clean the surface it will stick just fine. I have 100 plus passes at the track and mine hasnt moved. I think the car looks so much better with it.
Attached Thumbnails Hood Scoops and stripes..-2012-01-25_16-42-14_245.jpg   Hood Scoops and stripes..-2012-02-11_15-33-11_694.jpg  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

I went with the roush hood scoop love the look of it mine was bolted in got it prepainted matched perfect: here is one from mrbody kit I dont remember where I bought mine from its been a while

http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=808

I got my full stripe kit from baltimore street mods great kit and many options as far as cut outs for the hood scoops. great 3E automotive grade vinyl
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

I had both the stripes and the hood scoop professionally installed, drilling holes in the hood was above my pay grade.

EDIT: forgot to add this sometimes I have noticed with some that put the stripes under a bolt on scoop there can be a bunching of the stripes, I actually saw this on brand new shelbys sitting in the ford dealers lot. My stripes were pre-cut for my roush hood scoop they dont run under the scoop.
One more thing Make sure of your paint color I believe 05-09 only came out with 2 color blues windveil blue and vista blue. Yours looks to be the same color as mine and mine is Vista Blue- G9. Unless you have a custom paint

Last edited by chrisdbassplayer; 07-28-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer
I went with the roush hood scoop love the look of it mine was bolted in got it prepainted matched perfect: here is one from mrbody kit I dont remember where I bought mine from its been a while

http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=808

I got my full stripe kit from baltimore street mods great kit and many options as far as cut outs for the hood scoops. great 3E automotive grade vinyl
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

I had both the stripes and the hood scoop professionally installed, drilling holes in the hood was above my pay grade.

EDIT: forgot to add this sometimes I have noticed with some that put the stripes under a bolt on scoop there can be a bunching of the stripes, I actually saw this on brand new shelbys sitting in the ford dealers lot. My stripes were pre-cut for my roush hood scoop they dont run under the scoop.
One more thing Make sure of your paint color I believe 05-09 only came out with 2 color blues windveil blue and vista blue. Yours looks to be the same color as mine and mine is Vista Blue- G9. Unless you have a custom paint
Hey, thank you for the answer and the links. My paint code is the SN-Sonic Blue, and isn't custom. The color really shows in direct sunlight, but the pic I posted was lightly-overcast. The look of your car is really similar to what I am going for, so thanks for the pic, as well. Much appreciated!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Wow I guess I can learn something new everyday!!! never knew there was a sonic blue from 05-09 totally threw me off!!! Glad to help if you want to see more photos and your on facebook, private message me on the forums hereI will send you a link.

Quick Reply: Hood Scoops and stripes..