Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Raxiom Projector Headlights?(05-09)

Old 11-24-2013, 03:58 AM
Bosshogoutlaw

Default Raxiom Projector Headlights?(05-09)

Hey just joined the forum but I browse through the threads daily. Had my 05 for about a year now & i'm looking to install some Raxiom projector headlights. My first question is how do you install hid in the Raxiom unit? & Two I'm already running hid from ddm(h13) so can i just order & change out the blub for h7 with the project style headlight?

p.s i have search but haven't gotten a direct answer

looking to install these's

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-h...oked-0509.html

or

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-p...hts-black.html
Old 11-24-2013, 12:01 PM
runstang22
1st Gear Member

I personally like the second ones better. I bought similar ones on ebay and will be buying some very soon for the stang since the led's on the ones I had went out. Also I'd recommend shopping a bit, for that price, you can get the darked out side lights with the headlight unit. The guy at AM will tell you it only takes an hour to install. If you install these all day long that would be the case, but not for 1st timers.
I got moisture in mine after the initial install, so go to autozone and get some sealant and pit it around the cracks before you install.
As for the install, there are some pretty good youtube videos on the over all install.
Basically you will need to take the front bumper off the car, which requires removing the radiator cover, some tabs from inside the wheel well and a few bolts. TIP: ensure you have a mat or blanket to set the bumper on so you don't scratch it. There are 3 bolts that hold the headlight unit in its housing. Connecting the wires isn't hard. I had the ipad out with a youtube video doing this. Just go slow and take your time. Its not hard to do even if you are inexperienced. It definitely gives an upgraded look to car. If you still have quesitons, let me know. Like I said, I'm doing this again in a few weeks; but I'm going with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121170670210...84.m1423.l2648
Old 11-24-2013, 01:26 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by runstang22
Like I said, I'm doing this again in a few weeks; but I'm going with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121170670210...84.m1423.l2648
Before you put those on, seal them all around with silicone. A friend has them and his got fogged up inside the first time he washed the car with them on.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Bosshogoutlaw

The installation isn't the problem. I already know how to uninstall the old headlights an the bumper its the aftermarket headlights & hids that I'm concern about. I was wondering if its possible to use the hids I already have on the stang...the h13 bracket with the h7 bulb? Also with the eBay headlights is there anyway to aim them?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Bosshogoutlaw

Originally Posted by flash_xx

Before you put those on, seal them all around with silicone. A friend has them and his got fogged up inside the first time he washed the car with them on.
I'll definitely make sure to seal what ever headlights I get
Old 11-25-2013, 08:45 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bosshogoutlaw
Hey just joined the forum but I browse through the threads daily. Had my 05 for about a year now & i'm looking to install some Raxiom projector headlights. My first question is how do you install hid in the Raxiom unit? & Two I'm already running hid from ddm(h13) so can i just order & change out the blub for h7 with the project style headlight?

p.s i have search but haven't gotten a direct answer

looking to install these's

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-h...oked-0509.html

or

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-p...hts-black.html
The installation isn't the problem. I already know how to uninstall the old headlights an the bumper its the aftermarket headlights & hids that I'm concern about. I was wondering if its possible to use the hids I already have on the stang...the h13 bracket with the h7 bulb? Also with the eBay headlights is there anyway to aim them?
I would recommend giving DDM a call. I don't see a problem with running the H7 bulb with a H13 HID set up. Just make sure that it swaps over or find out exactly what you need to buy, so that you can swap it over. I don't have much experience with their HID's but I do have a lot of experience with our Raxiom headlights! You're going to love these headlights, they really change the entire look of the car. The install of the HID's is going to be exactly the same as installing them on your stock headlights, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions regarding the headlight itself.

-Dan
Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Bosshogoutlaw

I just got through chatting with them a few hours ago. Found out that All of there ballasts work with all of there bulbs. The connections on the ballast are all the same and they do not have any ballast specific bulbs. So i can purchase the new bulbs that will work with your current kit.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:05 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

I just got through chatting with them a few hours ago. Found out that All of there ballasts work with all of there bulbs. The connections on the ballast are all the same and they do not have any ballast specific bulbs. So i can purchase the new bulbs that will work with your current kit.
That makes sense! I'm glad to hear you're in good shape. Definitely let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Old 11-27-2013, 07:04 PM
g150rdt

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I would recommend giving DDM a call. I don't see a problem with running the H7 bulb with a H13 HID set up. Just make sure that it swaps over or find out exactly what you need to buy, so that you can swap it over. I don't have much experience with their HID's but I do have a lot of experience with our Raxiom headlights! You're going to love these headlights, they really change the entire look of the car. The install of the HID's is going to be exactly the same as installing them on your stock headlights, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions regarding the headlight itself.

-Dan

Dan, I also want to do the same. I called AM this morning and the guy that answered the phone stated that it could not be done, and that AM would not honor the warranty if I used those bulbs (HID). the headlight I want is #49006. Please let me know who is right.