Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

1969 Tribute on 05 GT

Old 02-07-2014, 02:06 PM
silverskoundrel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fader
No, I don't have upgraded brakes, so not needed with these wheels. Why?
yours seem to sit more flush than mine with the fender well. My wheels seem to set in the fender well
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverskoundrel
yours seem to sit more flush than mine with the fender well. My wheels seem to set in the fender well
Mine are basically flush with the front/back edges of the fenders. They're set back slightly from the top edge of the fender-wells. But, everything underneath is stock, including the wheels and tires, so I'm not sure what the difference would be.

Are you running stock tires on yours? If the tires are a little smaller, they could look like they're set back.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:29 PM
silverskoundrel
1st Gear Member

Mine are basically flush with the front/back edges of the fenders. They're set back slightly from the top edge of the fender-wells. But, everything underneath is stock, including the wheels and tires, so I'm not sure what the difference would be. Are you running stock tires on yours? If the tires are a little smaller, they could look like they're set back.
im lowered a little but I'm pretty sure the wheels on these rims are stock size
Old 02-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverskoundrel
im lowered a little but I'm pretty sure the wheels on these rims are stock size
I took another look, on my last smoke-break. I can see that if mine was lowered, the wheels would look more sucked into the wheel-wells. It's the overhang on the fenders. Go to your rear end, and look at how the tires line up with the edges of the fenders in front of/behind the wheels. Mine do line up pretty well there, so lowering could be the difference.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
silverskoundrel
1st Gear Member

Yours looks great. I been thinking about getting some small spacers but idk that id trust em haha
Old 02-08-2014, 10:14 AM
mcrider
2nd Gear Member

That's a good chunk of info to have. I would have used those terms interchangeably, but there is a difference. Thank you!!

Since you had a 69, what's your opinion of my idea? Honestly, with no filter.
Honestly, my opinion is that I love your Idea. That's the reason I have an 07 mustang. It kinda reminded me of my old 69. If I had the money, I would transform it into a 69 look alike just like on that retro website. I have been looking at that website and drooling for over a year now. I just cant afford it. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cema93
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/30/r...-drive-review/

They basically take modern mustangs and make them look identical to 60's models on the outside. Very cool
OP if done correctly, I think it would look cool!!

On a side note, I'm not a big fan of these "retro-style" conversions, but WOW, that link to that car is incredibly well done!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:29 AM
sdonaghey
2nd Gear Member

Here is my twist on the 69+ retro look. I am looking at changing out the taillights this year. I have a set of Cervinis taillights ready to go in and I am now rethinking things and maybe put the Raxiom 2013 style in with a Street Scene rear decklid panel to fill in the area. I have a Silverhorse racing rear medallion black/silver ready to go on also.

Name:  IMG_2015_zpsbf8c72c8.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  48.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2014_zps93f899ea.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  66.5 KB
Name:  IMG_2010_zps41ce1a55.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  56.0 KB

Last edited by sdonaghey; 02-08-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:38 AM
silverskoundrel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sdonaghey
Here is my twist on the 69+ retro look. I am looking at changing out the taillights this year. I have a set of Cervinis taillights ready to go in and I am now rethinking things and maybe put the Raxiom 2013 style in with a Street Scene rear decklid panel to fill in the area. I have a Silverhorse racing rear medallion black/silver ready to go on also.
that cars awesome but you already know I love it
Old 02-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vader GT
OP if done correctly, I think it would look cool!!

On a side note, I'm not a big fan of these "retro-style" conversions, but WOW, that link to that car is incredibly well done!!!
Thanks for your opinion. I want to add retro accents that remind people of the 69 versus looking just like one. Generally, I wouldn't like the Retro mods either, but the ones on that site are really well done.

Originally Posted by sdonaghey

Your car is freaking SEXY, and along the lines of what I'm wanting to do with mine. Blacked out hood cowl, retro Raxiom headlights, hood pins, gun-metal wheels, blacked-out emblems. Yours is really well-done!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1969 Tribute on 05 GT