Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
waykooljr
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Default A New Style - Many changes with pics

I finally got around to taking some pictures of some new mods and changes that have taken place over the past six months.

At the front I added Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, a Retro Billet Grille and 3 inch fogs. The fogs had a halo ring on them but I took them off so the lights would fit better in the bumper. The headlights could stand to be brighter but I reckon it's to be expected with smoked lenses. I'll probably upgrade to a brighter bulb. The Retro Billet Grille looks and works good, I'll probably find some hardware that isn't as prone to rust as what came with it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Changed the wheels out for 18x9 XXR 526's in Chromium Black. Light will play tricks with the chromium black. When I got home and looked at these pics, I thought I have a different color wheel. I went to the garage and took some up close pics and they all look the same.

At the rear I added Raxiom Gen 5 Tail lights and changed the spoiler to an MMD Ducktail. I removed the Roush spoiler because the decklid portion was lifting on the ends. In the process of taking it off, I broke a set of studs from the spoiler. Fortunately, I opted for not drilling holes when I installed the Roush spoiler. So I removed all of the Roush and considered shaving the decklid but after getting quoted $500 to weld it up and refinish, I considered other options. Then I saw the new MMD Ducktail, it couldn't have come along at a better time. Needless to say, the tail lights are a great addition and knew I had to have them the first time I saw them.

I'm pleased with everything I've done. American Muscle has been superb! As was my dealings with Next Level Motoring. I ordered my wheels from them on a Tuesday afternoon, wheels were on my porch that Sat. morning!

I have some more ideas brewing, thinking about some Agent 47 or MMD mirrors. Maybe paint the chrome surround on the rear GT emblem with Duplicolor Shadow. If I don't finally break and put a supercharger on it!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005,ford,mustang gt

Now that's a good looking Muscle Car right there,nice job and I like those rims and the gen5 taillights too I just can't bring myself to getting a pair of gen5 lights yet for mine but yours are almost convincing me too.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
orlando569

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Looking at your car now I really understand what people mean when they look at my car and they say that's a nice mustang, a really clean looking car. Your mustang is on the money! Rims are gorgeous! Gen 5 Tail lights go really good with black! Your car is not over done nor is it underdone! Its just right! It looks like the way a mustang should look!!!! Excellent job!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
20_PONY_06
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang

That is one clean ride, very nice.
20_PONY_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #5
waykooljr
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you like and it's always nice hear, just like I told the guy who rode up in a triple white '93 5.0 while I was taking pictures, not bad yourself!

Thought I'd share some other photos from along the way for anyone that may be interested. Here's a pic of the car without a spoiler, I had the holes plugged up with some plastic push in clips and a dab of black RTV.

Pics of my wheel experiment to check colorations...

First pic of right front. I set the flash on my iphone to auto, then it didn't flash for this picture.

Right rear with flash.

Then I thought I should take a pic of the right front again with flash.

The results for the other side were the same as the darker images above. What's tricky is the machined look is the one on the rear, darker on the front in the full car pictures.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Mustang GT

Very nice!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:02 AM   #7
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Those wheels are SICK.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
need4speed
Former Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang 5.0
https://www.facebook.com/Need4SpeedMotors https://twitter.com/N4SMotorsports http://instagram.com/need4speedmotorsports#

Great looking Mustang, I really like what you've done thus far!! Keep the pics and updates coming.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #9
WuStangClan
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang GT

Car looks great!
WuStangClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
waykooljr
2nd Gear Member

Thanks y'all!

After taking these pictures, I realized that I need to upgrade my camera, my iphone takes better pictures than my point and shoot, so I got me a Canon EOS-M. Time to brush up on my photography and see what I can do with this new camera!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:10 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement