Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

help plan my appearance build?

Old 02-18-2014, 12:45 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Default help plan my appearance build?

Name:  IMG_20131213_095456_zpsce0aee78.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  86.6 KB

so far got the short antenna, in march I plan to get 10" dual black stripes (on roof, hood, trunk), and a rear deck lid black panel.

I want to keep suspension and the wheels the way they are, I like them.

but recently I have also been wanting to get rear window louvers, but not sure if it would look 'too much' with the stripes and rear panel.

I also thought about quarter window louvers but I do use my quarter windows a lot and drove my buddies stang which has quarters and I really felt uncomfortable.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

actually the more i look at it the more i think that i dont want louvers on my stang. i might just get teh deck and stripes and call it a day. i think the car looks great from the front but the back could use improvement, so hoping with the deck it will add more aesthetics and make the back part that goes in more flush with the rest of the back and have the silver GT emblem in the middle of a black panel would look pretty nice imo
Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Have you ever thought about doing anything with the rear spoiler? Delete, CS wing or even a GT500 wing?
Old 02-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I always like the grille the puts the fog lights in the center like some of the old mustangs had. I've even seen photos of the center fogs behind the grille, that looked pretty cool. You just got to be careful with appearance mods because it could get tacky quick.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
I always like the grille the puts the fog lights in the center like some of the old mustangs had. I've even seen photos of the center fogs behind the grille, that looked pretty cool. You just got to be careful with appearance mods because it could get tacky quick.
ya i agree thats why im trying to keep it mostly stock with just slight mods that compliment the stock look.

i love the stock spoiler and grille, dont really like the eleanor grills or the delete grills, but i respect those who do.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Some like the look of a clean hood, and I did too with my 05 (see siggy), but non-functional hood scoops have started to grow on me. If I still owned my 05, I probably would've got a scoop.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I'd say if you do stripes, do them bumper to bumper (don't end at the bumper, it always just looks unfinished when people do that). if you do the blackout panel you might as well do the 2013 style tails to finish it up.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:07 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

I think you should call JD Wentworth:

It's your car, do what you want with it!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I only did one "appearance" mod when I had my '07 GT, actually more functional than appearance, and that was a push button engine start. It was $100 out of MM&FF magazine. It goes in the power port on the middle dash. I thought it was a nice tasteful touch to the car.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
I'd say if you do stripes, do them bumper to bumper (don't end at the bumper, it always just looks unfinished when people do that). if you do the blackout panel you might as well do the 2013 style tails to finish it up.
are you referring to the gen5 coyote sequentials? because they have been out of stock for several months and AM keeps sayign they will be in a few weeks over and over every time i ask - since like september.... but not hating, i love AM.

otherwise i could get this http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...ghts-0509.html , since i already got the sequential plug and play kit, that way ill have coyote styling with sequentials as well.

im feeling off and on about the stripes, so i may hold on it....cant really think of anything else though that will my car scream 'LOOK AT ME'...

i feel like the black out mods are kind of like a 'stealth' look, but i want to go for a "LOOK AT ME' look.

what if I just got a nice fat black single stripe on my hood, could that look nice? I'm having trouble picturing it....

gah...reading the boast above i may just skip the stripes and go for a prepainted 3m hood scoop :/

i just feel like my car needs a bit more SOMETHING to be more show worthy, as if something is missing....

I know rims/lower makes the biggest difference, but i honestly love my rims adn if i were to get any others it would be bullits, but i truly love my rims.

cant help but think though if i got a hood scoop i would also need either a chin spoiler or quarter louvers, and since i dont want quarters i feel like chin spoiler might be better - though i want to work on the view of my car from behind which i feel like looks the worst right now, so was hoping the deck panel would help with that.

Last edited by RazorGT; 02-18-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help plan my appearance build?