Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Default rims

Got the rims! the only issue im having is shaking at 65+mph, I talked to AM and they said to get it balanced and they will reimburnce me, i got it balanced at a local shop, i could have gone to dealer but i wanted to save AM money cus i really like them, and idk the guy at the shop was being douchey cus i didnt want to get him to check other things which would be more epxensive - but either way everything was 100% fine but now i was shaking after these rims/tires

he balanced them and said they were pretty out of balance, but im still noticing shaking after 65 mph but idk if its in my head...do 18s in general shake more on my 06 gt?

what else should i do? will it be okay?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Make sure they don't have crazy air pressures in the tires. Find out from AM what the cold pressure should be in your tires. I know shops around me like to overinflate my tires when I get service. First thing I do every time I come back from service is check my tire pressures.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:51 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Do they have hub centric rings?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:46 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Make sure you dont have any hub centric rings from some previous wheels on your car. That will fubar it big time. Happened to me, forgot to take mine off when I got my new MT wheels. Had a huge vibration, was all bummed out... until I remembered.

Otherwise the wheels look great on your car Razor...nice choice. Whats up with the white stuff? Where are you located?

Next mod suggestion......smoked bumper lights....they look so much better than the yellow ones and they are a nice cheap mod.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:21 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I doubt you would still have the on being an 06
But maybe the rotor retaining clips are still on
If they are, just cut them off
Old 03-22-2014, 12:53 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

as above poster..remove the spring clip that holds the discs on..
i hope your also using spigot rings? without em you'll never aling the wheels with the hubs perfectly..plus i had the same trouble your having..get them rebalanced aswell..they have to be PERFECT to avoid steering wobble
u cant use wheels without spigot rings dude..
if unsure call am..

Last edited by Rudolph Hucker; 03-22-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:54 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

whels look a million doallars btw dude...1000 times better than stock wheels..good choice
Old 03-22-2014, 06:14 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

you guys recommend smoked over black? I feel like the smoked are too dark unless you also smoke your head/fog lights...I photoshopped my car with the black signals and I think they look better, what do you think?

Name:  moddedstang_zpsb8e988f6.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  118.9 KB

I was also looking at the mirror covers, they do look cool on some cars, but I think for mine I want to keep it stock black and keep a red+black theme with my car (my deck panel, is black as well as the various trims and accents)

I was looking at so many louvers/stripes but I feel like the rims are biggest thing on appearance. No amount of plastic or stickers can stand up to a good set of rims+tires.

btw i have no idea what you guys mean by spring clips and spigot rings, I have never heard those words in my life before even though I'd call AM everyday on what to get lol....I did have a shop put them on the first time, and then I did have them re balanced, the shakiness did seem a bit less, but then I took it for a 40 minute drive on the highway last night, and I think i kinda 'broke 'em in' cause it seems to be a Much better now - i do get paranoid sometimes and think every little bump in the road is something wrong with my car lol, so that's something to take into consideration when troubleshooting a car who's owner is a little crazy for his ride.

Last edited by RazorGT; 03-22-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:17 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

u still got shoite weather i see?
lovely here now...been out in me stang and on me motorbike today
Old 03-22-2014, 06:50 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

ya that's Minnesota for ya - it was 40+ F last week but this weekend will be upper 20s...

but much better than before when we had tons of snow all over the ground., its mostly melting now.

i used to be depressed thinking my mustang will be outdated with the s550 and ill be classified with the scrubs who buy a 05 v6 with 100k miles for cheap and say they are cool. But considering most of them will keep their rides stock they won't look as nice as mine, and considering how most of them take really crappy care of their cars, they won't last as long as mine either. By scrubs I mean teens who think they are invincible, girls whose only knowledge about mustangs - is that they are mustangs, and middle aged couples wanting to feel young again.

Last edited by RazorGT; 03-22-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Quick Reply: rims