Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Eleanor hood swap-Harwood brand

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 PM
101btp
1st Gear Member

Default Eleanor hood swap-Harwood brand

Im happy with how the hood swap turned out! it's pretty much bolt on but I thought I would share some of the good and bad about it from order to instillation. This is a hood I ordered through summit racing because with shipping and order cost it was the best deal I could find. This was a hood that summit did not have in stock so it took almost a month from order to receiving it. The hood build seems really nice I don't know how the shape will stay in the long run but Harwood defiantly made it rugged with a thick layers of fiberglass. The hood also includes new bolts that are on the hood with washers, they are not interchangeable with the factory ford metric bolts the ones included with the hood are 1/2" on both arms for the hood and latch. If you end up getting it through the mail like me either make sure you are home when the hood is freight delivered to you're house or when you are talking to shipping they have two people to unload the box because like my local UPS they sent one person that dropped the almost 7' by 7' box it came in, only gave me a minor chipped corner on the hood. Now this is where I said mostly bolt on when you go to swap the hood latch over from the factory hood to you're Harwood hood you may have to do some modification, I had to add two washers to get the proper depth for latch engagement, I also had to modify the holes on the latch bracket due to the metric bolts being smaller, you will want to either have some good quality drill bits, or like me had burnt up a cheap Dewalt bit and had to use my carbide bit in my Dremel due to the latch being a special grade of steel. The hood also came with a factory sticker on the hood right almost in the center of it, this is not a sticker that is easily peeled off you are best off soaking it with water on a hot summer day and washing it off, soap and water style. The sticker also says hood may need trimming on the sides and is common witch I thought great im gonna have the rest of the day in sanding to fit, but amazingly the hood fit perfectly. Their are no mounting holes or places on the hood for squirter nozzles but Classic Design Concepts makes a retrofit kit that puts the nozzles on the windshield wiper arms. If I have any issues with wear I will defiantly post them!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:22 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM
101btp
1st Gear Member

You can't read and create a mental picture????????????????????????

And yes I really would like to post pictures but do not have the ability to post attachments