Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Body-Modding Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:19 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdevil1
Some have had good experiences with AmericanMuscle.com - many others not so much. To each his own I guess, but the service was crap and the quality of parts I ordered were just garbage.

I started noticing that other sites - JEGS.com, LateModelRestoration.com, CJponyparts.com, Stage3 etc. have in many cases much better prices on parts; which is great.

But the difference in Customer Service, shipping, follow through and overall satisfaction is night and day when you don't order from AM - I'd only suggest ordering from somewhere else just once to see the difference yourself.

I once thought AM was the best too at one point - but I quickly realized they **** on their customers (not always but def. on me) and the cold reality is - the senseless parading of AM users here on the FORUM and the spam they spread with every post was the only reason I didn't notice the other guys.

In the end, they are a volume based business. They don't need to satisfy every customer, just the majority. I've found ordering from the smaller volume based businesses has been the key to being happy because they have more time to focus on your order, needs and even the prices are better.
I prefer Ebay for a lot of my car mod purchases. I have had many good experiences with the reputable sellers on there.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:04 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

OP maybe some Silverhorse Racing louvers.....love mine!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:15 PM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdevil1
I typically stay away from American Muscle - too many complaints to list.

Loving CJponyParts.com and LateModelRestoration.com - you can find better selection and prices at those two sites
I think its been well documented that you don't like AM. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder because you have stated this in multiple threads already! This information is not helpful to the OP and only clutters the thread and the boards. Get over it already and source your parts from your choice of vendor.

OP,
Like E_Cox310 said, its preference. I am in the process if setting up my ride with the GT500 rear bumper and will also do the chin spoiler. Some prefer simple and subtle, others like to go wild. Its all personal preference.

As long as you are happy and satisfied with what you add, that's all that matters.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dlazrael
I personally am going to (eventually, slow process for me) get a new hood (Cobra R), GT/CS Rear Cover, GT500 Spoiler [ I like Roush but I don't like the pieces you have to stick to the side] and the Cervini's GT500 style chin spoiler... I really like the look of it, subtle, but musclecar.

http://www.cervinis.com/05-09mustang...n-spoiler.html
I love that chin spoiler. I wish I could see it in person though. What I really want to do is match the paint on that and my trunk spoiler to my charcoal AMR rims, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get paint close enough to that. I still haven't decided on a front bumper which I want.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:15 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=johnny_raincloud;8398153
OP,
Like E_Cox310 said, its preference. I am in the process if setting up my ride with the GT500 rear bumper and will also do the chin spoiler. Some prefer simple and subtle, others like to go wild. Its all personal preference.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm really searching for, a sublt but noticeable change. I was looking at the gt500 rear and cs front bumpers, but I thought maybe I should steer clear of those because it would be poser ish. Maybe is just me. I think I've seen too many poser Honda Toyota and jdm cars.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:41 AM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnny_raincloud
I think its been well documented that you don't like AM. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder because you have stated this in multiple threads already! This information is not helpful to the OP and only clutters the thread.
its well documented i was acting like a 3 year old. my bad. i don't know what the hell i was thinking to be honest. there's no justification for my attitude last couple weeks. life is short and we own mustangs. spend more time driving and less time b!tching is my new philosophy. working it out with AM as of yesterday.

this is the beginning of a few apologies I think. let everything else be. sorry OP.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:59 AM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

So I found this aftermarket kit by 3dCarbon, I kind of like it. It says its a 10pc kit, but im only interested in the front and rear bumpers. Thoughts on these? Sorry, my phone won't let me post the pictures.

http://www.bodykits.com/3dCarbon/Bod...691036/866536/
Old 06-18-2014, 02:29 PM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

The front looks like the OEM with a chin spoiler...
The rear is GT500/GT CS inspired.

As long as you are not badging your car with GT500 or Snake Badges, I wouldn't consider that poser-ish...
Old 06-18-2014, 07:59 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnny_raincloud
The front looks like the OEM with a chin spoiler...
The rear is GT500/GT CS inspired.

As long as you are not badging your car with GT500 or Snake Badges, I wouldn't consider that poser-ish...
I thought the same about the rear. You think I should go for the bumpers?