Been shopping around for different front splitters to give the front end of my stang a more aggressive look. The only one I can really find is the GT500 front splitter and $200 for a piece of plastic is not my type of deal. Instead I decided to use a little ingenuity to build my own.
Started with the GT/CS front end, since that's what the car is. I took a piece of metal and placed it across a piece of plywood for rigidity. Then I set that on top of a jack and placed it up under my front fascia. I got a 6ft length of plotter paper and placed it on top of the metal then jacked it up to meet the bottom of my front fascia. I took a sharpie and traced the contour onto the paper.
After I had the trace done I scanned it in with a colortrac scanner that can scan a max of 24" width and unlimited length. I scanned it in then rotated it so it to straighten out the scan. I used a program called Emachineshop (my fav little secret on the internet) and used tracing mode to trace out the contour into CAD. Then I measure the fascia and scaled the CAD drawing. Now that I had that, I imported it into Google Sketchup and modeled a very rough lower lip of the front fascia to model my splitter around. I decided to go with a splitter that raises in the middle just like the GT/CS bumper. Below is a rough 3d representation of what I designed:
In the next coming weeks I will be doing the final tweaking, then prototyping and fitting. The black is the front fascia, the white is the splitter.
It's 2" offset but I may bring it back to 1.5"