Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Smoked Headlights with Halos from American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:15 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Can't you read?
He said he already tempered with them so you can't return them to get your money back.

My experience is that with any projector/halo style headlamps you get lower quality and in some cases, totally junk.
I wouldn't put that crap on my car if they were free
True story. They aftermarket junk looks like, well, aftermarket junk IMHO. There's a reason why they seem like *such a good deal*
Old 04-13-2015, 10:16 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
not to be a dick (which means I'm about to be a dick) but I can't understand why people will put tinted/smoked lenses on their headlights and then bitch about the light quality.

I don't get it either. Anything that restricts light - even a small amount - is not a good option in my mind.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:30 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by jz78817
yes it does. you understand how light works, yes?
You understand "doesn't" and "all that much", yes?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:48 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

You understand "doesn't" and "all that much", yes?
Unless you have at the very least a lux meter, you can't say that with any authority. And I guarantee you that none of the dumbasses putting tinted headlamps on their cars are measuring the resultant light output. They just go "hurr durr they still lights up lolz ain't my car awesome" and think they're fine.

And besides that, the fact that you're ok with reducing your headlamp output by "not all that much" is still dumb; these are safety devices and not ****ing fashion accessories.

Last edited by jz78817; 04-15-2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:23 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Fading OEM headlights are impaired as well and no one seems to give a shat about that not even law enforcement, no matter how bad they get.
Now how's that for dumb?

For the record, I don't do this to my cars and I won't either.

While we're at it... do you having tinted window?
If you do, it's dumb. Those are made so you can see through them in a safety manner even at night cause they're not ****ing fashion accessories.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:29 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I had these headlights and mine never had any of the problems the OP has. They were probably just defective, it happens. not that I agree with jz, cause I don't, but I took mine off cause A) i couldn't see good enough at night and B) I just felt like halos belonged on european cars, not Mustangs.
I went the paint matched retro ones AM sells.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:48 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

While we're at it... do you having tinted window?
nope.

Originally Posted by xkape
not that I agree with jz, cause I don't, but I took mine off cause A) i couldn't see good enough at night
what is this I don't even
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

i guess i just didn't like how you were so eff everyone else. everyone has a point of view but mine is the only one that counts. being able to respect other peoples views and understanding where the other person is coming from is important. You learn a lot that way. I know I have and will continue to.

Sometimes you are right, sometimes you aren't. Learned that over and over again.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:47 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
i guess i just didn't like how you were so eff everyone else. everyone has a point of view but mine is the only one that counts.
no it isn't, not when it affects other people.

being able to respect other peoples views and understanding where the other person is coming from is important. You learn a lot that way. I know I have and will continue to.
you have the right to your own opinion. you do not have the right to your own "facts." the external lights on your car are safety devices, they enable you to see and be seen in low light conditions. I've seen cars with smoke tint on the headlamps and taillamps so dark they might as well have been driving around with their ****ing lights off. Honestly, I wish to hell police would pull over and cite people with improper lighting more often, just to get these pieces of junk off of the road.

and by the way, when I said "what is this I don't even," I was responding to this:

not that I agree with jz, cause I don't, but I took mine off cause A) i couldn't see good enough at night
So you said you're disagreeing with me when I say tinted headlights are a bad thing, but you took your tinted headlights off because you couldn't see "good enough" at night.

So, you were agreeing with me. But, like most bros, you can't admit it when you're wrong.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:46 PM
ebritt

Im not bitching about the smoke tint, I can deal with that. Im bitching about build quality and poor design as far as the reflectors go. The beams are dispersed by the reflector design, in a thick fog you can actually see two separate beams from each light. If you would have actually READ what I said jz, you would know that.

And just for the record, JZ, you are being a dick. Just sayin....

Last edited by ebritt; 04-18-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Smoked Headlights with Halos from American Muscle