Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

2007GT/CS New Stalker 2 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 06:08 PM
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

I'm looking at the same issue I had to go back to stock airbox because my ram air cervinis is so open. I need to find something to shield the airbox but I like the extra Underwood airflow especially when I go supercharged here soon it should help with heatsoak.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah I hate when they do this crap...
If it was me, I'd block it off with a fake vent/grille.
OP, you already made a piece with sheet metal...just put some fine stainless mesh in front of it for aesthetics.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:52 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

Yeah I hate it to! I'm a purely creative person and have maid some cool custom parts before.its blocked off for now but the extra air flow would be nice to keep it running cool in summer.thinking of the modified one they sell or a actuator activated air door I could flip a toggle and close when raining.i can paint the galvanised sheet metal black and do speed grill as suggested.also thinking of re doing the sheet metal piece,so that it is vented downward and it would minimize the water going to the top of the motor where electronics,coils,exc... Are mostly at.if I get a free weekend before I have the extra cash to order the air duct that doesn't fit correctly then I may try and fab something up.just don't want a sheet metal turd under the hood.lol! Least with the plastic one that doesn't fit quite right ,it does follow the ridges on under side of hood leading to air box areah.guess the ridges are there to ancor duck with short skrew's and double sided tape??? ... I can cut and splice where needed on air duct and maby pop rivet and epoxy it,then use body filler to smooth it out ,then paint it.would rather come up with a more cost effective fix though.would love to have it functioning.guess there's fiberglass as well to work with.think any option other than keeping it blocked is going to require some work.lol
Old 07-19-2016, 07:02 PM
2007 GT//CS
1st Gear Member

So 2009 GT/CS what kind of supercharger are you thinking of getting? I have always loved procharger but think some of the twin skrew's are pretty awolsome to because of the instant power gain at lower rpms .while I like that the procharger has great power gains starting at 25-3k rpms and great for cruising at low rpms and only takes 1/3rd horsepower to run.plus you can make gobbs of power.relly either would be awolsome to own.lol! Need to hit the lottery so I can have 2 Mustangs and one of each supercharger.lol! Would love to know how it go's and how much you gain ,what all you have to do and what kinda milage is on your car when You do it, if your using stock factory block ,exc...???
Old 07-19-2016, 07:47 PM
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007 GT//CS
So 2009 GT/CS what kind of supercharger are you thinking of getting? I have always loved procharger but think some of the twin skrew's are pretty awolsome to because of the instant power gain at lower rpms .while I like that the procharger has great power gains starting at 25-3k rpms and great for cruising at low rpms and only takes 1/3rd horsepower to run.plus you can make gobbs of power.relly either would be awolsome to own.lol! Need to hit the lottery so I can have 2 Mustangs and one of each supercharger.lol! Would love to know how it go's and how much you gain ,what all you have to do and what kinda milage is on your car when You do it, if your using stock factory block ,exc...???
looking at department of boost or procharger and possibly the Roush TVS all depends on price and availiablity when I get ready to buy. I'd like procharger since the car is a daily but you can't beat that instant torque.