Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 06' GT

Old 03-19-2006, 01:31 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My New 06' GT

you're very young and all so don't do stupid **** that you'll regret... myself and many from this site learned that lesson with our first car.
I learned the hard way with my first car, although it was a brand new 2004 civic si with 15,000 miles on it at least it wasn't my stang which I love more than anything. I should've died in that accident but luckily I didn't, I would've probably never gotten out of the rice import scene if I hadn't had that accident and my dads urge to help me pay for my 2006 GT.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

Thanks MustangN00b, I'm just gonna say right now that I am gonna do some crazy stuff (just burnouts and doughnuts), but it will be in an enviroment where if anything happened i'm the only one who could possibly get hurt and it will be somewhere where my car won't get banged up. Other than that i'm gonna treat it like it was made of glass.
glad we clarified that situation, sry again bout it...awesome you're joinin the stang owner club right away!

as for this post ^...don't do that too much for a couple reasons:
1)if a cop sees (no matter where you are if you yourself don't own the land) you are in for some SERIOUS fines and probly a point or two on your license.
2)now that im moving on to my THIRD rear end i can tell you from experience that beating on the cars driveline has consequences (and i never even did big burnouts or donuts, not once...i powershifted all the time tho :-( )
3)personally i think it makes us stang owners all look bad to other people (besides the friends ur showin off to) when they see kids doing reckless things of any kind in general

other than that, i fully condone expressing yourself in isolated and safe situations
Old 03-19-2006, 01:54 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Thanks for the advice Sleeper. I guess if I do ever do any burnouts or doughnuts they will be in the desert.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Hey congrats on that car dude, awesome color choice (ext and int). I know youve heard this all before, but you're a young fellow and a lucky fellow. But hey a 4.2 gpa is quite impressive. You're obviously a really smart kid, so sleeper had some good tips. But keep in mind, most of the stupid stuff you do is around your friends, so dont try to show off tooo much. You definitely dont want to be showin off you car and your "skillful driving" and then get pulled over or crash and embaress or hurt yourself in front of your friends expecially girlz. (speaking from eperience), but if there is one thing ive learned as a young driver (im under 25), dont be crazy all the time; your risk exponentially increases. Go crazy once in a while, like a treat, but when you do, go absolutely nutz and youll enjoy it and be alot safer if you do it once in a while. (btw in reply to sleepers last tip; we mustang owners are bad and we own the road) Congratz and welcome to the darkside.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:41 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

Hey congrats on that car dude, awesome color choice (ext and int). I know youve heard this all before, but you're a young fellow and a lucky fellow. But hey a 4.2 gpa is quite impressive. You're obviously a really smart kid, so sleeper had some good tips. But keep in mind, most of the stupid stuff you do is around your friends, so dont try to show off tooo much. You definitely dont want to be showin off you car and your "skillful driving" and then get pulled over or crash and embaress or hurt yourself in front of your friends expecially girlz. (speaking from eperience), but if there is one thing ive learned as a young driver (im under 25), dont be crazy all the time; your risk exponentially increases. Go crazy once in a while, like a treat, but when you do, go absolutely nutz and youll enjoy it and be alot safer if you do it once in a while. (btw in reply to sleepers last tip; we mustang owners are bad and we own the road) Congratz and welcome to the darkside.
Trust me, after my dad told me what my insurence is going to cost, I kinda liked the idea of burnouts and doughnuts less lol.

Search this Thread