Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reason for bp recommendation on gas tank...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default reason for bp recommendation on gas tank...

ah ha. talked to a dealership today, and they said the reason FORD endorses BP fuels as their recommended diet was the fact that bp uses american drilled oil. exclusivly. which seems kinda odd to a guy cause bp stand for "british petroleum" right? so why would british gas use american oil, when a majority of import oil in england isnt american drilled....
Old 05-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: reason for bp recommendation on gas tank...

just occured to me, noone probably cares, and im just wasting precious space on a forum dedicated to modding... sorry. but i KNOW there's other nerds out there who question the unquestioned...
Old 05-17-2006, 06:29 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

I wondered that myself.......but don't have a clue
Old 05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

I just wanna paint over it or something though. Having a black stang with black interior and all, it just irks me when I open my gas door to see green there. Even if it's just a personal thing. This will be changed at some point.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:04 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

If you paid ford enough, or gave them a good deal on the few gallons of gas they put in every car they make, they would put your name on the gas cap too.

Think about it, 150K mustangs a year, times 3 gallons per mustang, = close to 500K gallons.

Just for the mustang. Not including all the other fords.

Think ford is paying 3 bucks a gallon. Nope, but if advertising will get them cheaper gas, it is all right with them to put BP on the gas cap.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andys06GT

ah ha. talked to a dealership today, and they said the reason FORD endorses BP fuels as their recommended diet was the fact that bp uses american drilled oil. exclusivly. which seems kinda odd to a guy cause bp stand for "british petroleum" right? so why would british gas use american oil, when a majority of import oil in england isnt american drilled....
That is a bullsh*t reason. The guy was either lying or doesn't know what he's talking about. Yes, they do have oil drilling facilities in the U.S., but certainly not exclusively. You can even look at their website and see where they reprted on May 5th, 2006 a new offshore oil drilling site the have in Angola (Africa). They have many other drilling sites around the world as well.

Here is the newsbrief on their website: http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7017567

Personally, I would rather buy my gas from an American company.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Want the answer? Ford B/P press release
Old 05-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

Using American oil exclusively? Bullshart! All you have to do is watch the discovery channel to know that ain't true! How many different shows do they have on building the world's largest off-shore rig?! I remember one for BP that was going to be in the North Sea. Not so much America! Your guy was blowing smoke. Endorsements are Huuuuuge moneymakers! Money!!! No other reason.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
camscope

that is not true that bp use only american drilled oil, the reason i know this is i my company sells them products that are from other countrys
Old 05-17-2006, 10:23 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Want the answer? Ford B/P press release
I read this...it does not mention American Drilled Oil...it talks exclusivley about fuel quality. And I have to admit that Amoco (thats what gas BP sells) has been considered the best of the best for as long as I can remember. We used to stop and get $3 of Amoco white on the way to the dragstrip 20 years ago.

Quick Reply: reason for bp recommendation on gas tank...