Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

serious dilema need imput from owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:31 PM
bcm157

Default serious dilema need imput from owners

I have posted the same thread on a 350z forum to get feedback and now I want to hear from mustang owners. I am about to buy a new car. Either an 06 mustang GT or an 06 350z. I havealways loved mustangs and still want one but I also love the 350z. I love the looks and acceleration of the mustang and how I can do cheap upgrades for bug performance numbers but I love how the 350 handles so much better, I also like the z's xenon headlights even though they aren't vey important. This is a big decision for me and I know that mustang owners are gonna side with their car but I am looking for objective opinions on this matter. What do you lave and hate about your mustang and really how is the handling of the new mustang. I test drove both cars but I wasn't able to really push the mustang performance wise due to the saleman being with me. Any input on this matter would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
mvm549
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: serious dilema need imut from owners

go with the american muscle not the asian pieces of crap
Old 05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

My IMUT is,... if u r on the line, and already question the IMUT we will give you. GO with the "ricer" as you will never, ever be .... "ONE OF US", as your questions indicate that. Furthermore, you sound like you couldn't drive any hi-performance car.

Have a nice life. Sayahf***ing nara.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

GT - for too many reasons to list.

ORIGINAL: bcm157

I have posted the same thread on a 350z forum to get feedback and now I want to hear from mustang owners. I am about to buy a new car. Either an 06 mustang GT or an 06 350z. I havealways loved mustangs and still want one but I also love the 350z. I love the looks and acceleration of the mustang and how I can do cheap upgrades for bug performance numbers but I love how the 350 handles so much better, I also like the z's xenon headlights even though they aren't vey important. This is a big decision for me and I know that mustang owners are gonna side with their car but I am looking for objective opinions on this matter. What do you lave and hate about your mustang and really how is the handling of the new mustang. I test drove both cars but I wasn't able to really push the mustang performance wise due to the saleman being with me. Any input on this matter would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:45 PM
bcm157

I do appreciate what i am hearing so far and I am leaning towards the mustang but I am lloking for the best highs and the worst lows of the mustang GT rather than just which one to go go with. I think I have made up my mind but I still want to know whats great and whats not great about the stang. Thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Good things:
The raw power inherent within,
the charisma of the car, which the z lacks
the heritage
the potential (power just waiting to be unleashed)
the huge amount of custom aftermarket gear available
the name

Bad things:
need new tires all the time
Old 05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

BEST HIGHS------------- owning one
BEST LOWS-------------- DUH ????????
WHAT'S GREAT------------owning one
NOT SO GREAT----------- DOUBLE DUH ???????

NUFF SAID, Unless "go go" and "lloking" is an option, just my IMUT.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:56 PM
bcm157

LEJAY I have owned a few performance cars before and race in autocross events often. I am a good experienced driver and you just seem to be pissed off that someone needs some info about a purchase they wanna make. I was looking for real imput not insults since you have no way of backing up your claims. Please keep your comments to youself unless they are helpful in this thread.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
DUSTI
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

Good things:
The raw power inherent within,
the charisma of the car, which the z lacks
the heritage
the potential (power just waiting to be unleashed)
the huge amount of custom aftermarket gear available
the name

Bad things:
need new tires all the time
2 thumbs up ...........couldn't add much more to that !

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bcm157

LEJAY I have owned a few performance cars before and race in autocross events often. I am a good experienced driver and you just seem to be pissed off that someone needs some info about a purchase they wanna make. I was looking for real imput not insults since you have no way of backing up your claims. Please keep your comments to youself unless they are helpful in this thread.
I agree completely!!

Anways, there is someone on this forum who owns both a GT and a 350z so he will be able to give you the best and most accurate information.

Quick Reply: serious dilema need imput from owners