Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Crash 06 Mustang GT Conv

Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Car Crash 06 Mustang GT Conv

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

GLAD TO HEAR U R OK!!!

good luck with everything!
Old 05-27-2006, 03:41 PM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grasshopper

Wow... this forum condones street racing AND extortion!
I don't think most posters are suggestined extortion.

I do know that most heavily damaged cars will NEVER be "right" after a hard hit. The uni-frame is bent on the GT vert, so it's likely that car will never drive truly straight again.

With such signifigant damage the title may also be branded as "salvage" which will kill resale value.

I was advocating he get "made whole", meaning he get a car that is as good as that one was prior to the crash, even if it means a brand new car has to be purchased.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:57 PM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

Again, glad your O.K!

To keep yourself out of jail in case something were to ever go down with the insurance company, just have that one fixed and sell it immediatly!

I had the same thing happen to me, though not in my Mustang, and it was about 2000 shy of being totaled. I was able to ask the body man to up the estimate and agrue with the adjuster for two months before they totaled the truck.
Good luck man! It's a cruel game that the insurance people play, but we're just a pawn in the game.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: olym4gery

ORIGINAL: grasshopper

Wow... this forum condones street racing AND extortion!
I dont condone street racing, maybe some taunting and mild fun but racing needs to happen on the strip.

as far as his injuries, many injuries aren't noticed right away and anything over the next couple days he needs to question the injuries origin.

very simple, he had a new mustang, it was wrecked... for him to get a new mustang they need o pay off this one and reimburse him what he had put out on this one to date. That is "made whole" and only what is fair. Insurances look for the cheap & easy way out and don't really care about anything but their bottom line. They know the game, when they are being played they know it... not only is it cheaper for them to hand you some cash to go away... theres no chance or risk in having to pay more out through the courts.

He's owed a new gt vert, not a fixed one!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:41 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

Dude, insurance fraud is for low lifes...you seem better than that. If you agree with this logic then surely everyone who is in a wreck should be entitled to a new car. They dont and neither do you. Life is not fair...it is what you do with the crap hands that are dealt you that make or break you. Insurance fraud low lifes (including those with sore neck syndrome) are usually trailer trash and losers....again you seem much classier than that. By all means fight for your own rights but fight fair by involving your own insurance companies and certainly get a full medical check up but please dont use lawyers to manipulate the system. I guess what I am saying is the if you involve yourself dishonestly to get what you want....it will one day come back to haunt you...karma! But if you have NO conscience then do what ever you like.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:19 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lancemarcos

I was just involved in an accident in my 10 day old mustang gt convertible- was slamed into (almost t-boned), thrown into 2 360 spins by an out of control car going 65mph on the freeway resulting in at least $14,000.00 damage to the drivers side- from front to back. I'm not at fault but insurance will not total the car because there is only "minor frame damage"- door destroyed, front and rear quarter pannel destroyed, windows cracked, convertible top damaged, back wheel aluminum spoke cracked and tire blew out, rear axle damage etc... Even the ford body shop says there is no way this car will ever be the same--- any advice on how to get them to total the car or how to get the other guys insurance company to give me a new car. thanks
You'd be surprised what they find when you *ahem* hint that it would be a shame to get the car back and lose your life because they didn't fix the slightly damaged frame correctly, isn't it possible that the frame is worse than they originally thought etc etc etc.... My wife crashed her Escape, they were on the fence regarding totaling it. After a 20 minute talk with the body shop the next day for some reason they said the frame was worse than they thought so it's now above the amount worth fixing.

As long as you make them VERY aware of how **** you'll be when you get it back, and how much you have no issue taking it back 50 times to get it right, they may decide you aren't worth dealing with and up the estimate enough to push it over the amount they consider worth spending... can't hurt to try and that isn't fraud, it's protecting your rear because I can promise they are protecting theirs.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:48 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Good to hear that you're ok! Unfortunately there's not much you can do. A lawyer won't take your case unless you're injured. An injury case is easy to win. That's why they're so eager to take your case on the commercials. I would advise to see a doctor because injuries can show up later! In your case it's a battle of insurance companies. If you live in a no fault state then your insurance company is obligated to pay for the damages minus your deductible. Then they will go after the other person or their insurance company to get their money back. Front end damage is the most costly and that didn't happen to you so unfortunately for you, your car will be fixed. Since this involves a police report then your car is marked for life. However, you could come out ahead. You can get the car fixed. Sell it for as much as you can get out of it. Someone will be willing to take it from you. At least this will give you money down on a new one. Maybe even more than what you put down in the first place if you financed it. Just trying to find a bright side here! I too do not condone abusing the system. However if that is your plan, i won't blame you. Too often people that can't drive cause accidents and screw good people and disrupt their lives. I've been in an accident myself. That's how i've come to give my 2 cents on your situation. Someone pulled out in front of me and i had no choice but to hit them in the front quarter panel. I put a nice dent in their car. It totaled my car. It was a Hyundai so that would explain it! I was a quarter of a mile away from home! It wasn't a new car so the damages easily outweighed the cost of repairs. However, the driver of the other car was uninsured. My insurance company had to pay for it! Whether or not they were able to sue this person i never found out. I hope they did! Given your car was 10 days old i'll assume you didn't have any mods on it. If you did, you could take the person to court over it and probably get money for those. Hope this helped shed some light. Good luck and keep us posted!

Bad Drivers [sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 05-27-2006, 09:43 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

make sure you tell the ins co you also want to be rembursed for diminished value (loss of value based on what repaired car vs never damaged) your car will be oncar fax and diminished value is not a scam it is your right.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:08 AM
lancemarcos

Just an update- I was taken to the hospital from the accident- nothing broken, just muscle stiffness and ligament tearing- I'll get reimbursement for that . I'm not looking to pull any sort of scam- Just want my new car returned to new- Someone was telling me to get it fixed if they won't total it, then turn around and trade it in for a new car suing for the difference in value- Looks like I will need to get a lawyer, just didn't want to deal with all that B.S.- thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 10:44 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Keep in mind the lawyer will get 30 to 40 % of any settlement you MIGHT get. As much as I love the MUSTANG, it's not a collector's car, and the insurance company is looking at it as an everyday car, no different than a Lincoln, Caddy, pick up truck etc.. If they can fix it, they will.

It's sad, but true. Just because we love our cars more than others, doesn't sway the insurance BASTARDS.

JMO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Crash 06 Mustang GT Conv