Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 20's

Old 06-28-2006, 07:55 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help with 20's

Seems to me that blowngt has little dick syndrome. And is also afflicted with moronatitis.

This is not a old school Muscle Car. This is the new generation Mustang and if you do not like something fine but best to keep your mouth shut. What's the matter your momma never taught you that. O wait your only 12 so i guess your still learning.

Now onto better things.
Here are some pictures of mine 20x8.5 front w/245/35 and 20x10 out back w/285/30.

Richard
Old 06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
stupidassdrummer
1st Gear Member

I want those damn rims!!!!!, but they are so expensive. When i first got my stang i looked for rims and came across the foose mustang. I fell in love from then on. Damn if only they were not so damn expensive!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:10 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

My opinion that 20's are stupid on stangs is no less valid than your opinions that they are great. To each his own. You resort to name calling because deep down, you feel guilty for destroying such a beautiful amercian muscle car. How much hp do you think those rims got ya? 20's are rice - that's my opinion and I'm sure it's shared by as many who think they are great as you do. Name calling for my opinions shows your age.

There is much more evidence to support my theory than yours - i.e. find any amercian muscle car from any year with factory 20" rims. You know you can't cause it's never been done. Why has it never been done? Because it's stupid, that's why.

Old school or new school, it is still, by your own admission, a 'muscle car' and 20" rims are stupid on a muscle car any way you want to slice it...period.

Just go to the track with your 20's and see how much respect you get.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
skymedic
2nd Gear Member

hey 06gtrad,

I see you STOLE my rims man!!!!

Now, you just need that Roush kit and stripes, and we will have twins!!!

Take Care,
John

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/927F7F8785454618B41EF758AAA7C265.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/9AE03BAFA70C41FE9C697CE3EA8D80D9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-28-2006, 09:42 PM
purduesd

So i guess what you are saying is the GT is rice with 18s/19s. Just keep your bs opinion to yourself, nobody asked if you like them or not. You are comparing apples to oranges. All this about american muscle cars never having them...that was 30 years ago. The Maclaren F1 is running 19s but i guess it gets laughed off the track too. Whever you get off your high horse then come back to the board. And rice....you cant even fit a 20x10 on any ricer i know of. They are the 17x8 crowd for the most part.

As far as horsepower goes there is no loss, so that shows how much you understand about cars. So explain to me exactly what any comparable wheel/tire combo (overall diameter) does for horse power, I would like to hear your answer to that. DO you even understand the theory behind where horsepower comes from. Do understand that a 235x55x17 and a 285x35x20 have the same overall diameter. My guess is no.

Hang around, the forum, read, learn but quit opening your mouth about things you dont have the slightest inkling of knowledge to even argue.

Personal prefrence is personal prefrence.

So yeah maybe 20x10 vs 17x7 add a hundred pounds to the car, so does a fat &$$

Its not a matter of what you think is "stupid", and its not a matter of opinions showing age. Its sounds to me like its a matter you explaining to all of us your mentality...

Old 06-28-2006, 09:45 PM
OdiousBarbarian
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blowngt

My opinion that 20's are stupid on stangs is no less valid than your opinions that they are great. To each his own. You resort to name calling because deep down, you feel guilty for destroying such a beautiful amercian muscle car. How much hp do you think those rims got ya? 20's are rice - that's my opinion and I'm sure it's shared by as many who think they are great as you do. Name calling for my opinions shows your age.

There is much more evidence to support my theory than yours - i.e. find any amercian muscle car from any year with factory 20" rims. You know you can't cause it's never been done. Why has it never been done? Because it's stupid, that's why.

Old school or new school, it is still, by your own admission, a 'muscle car' and 20" rims are stupid on a muscle car any way you want to slice it...period.

look, i agree with you that 20s are too big, and i wouldnt put them on my car, but the arguement that just because they are not factory installed makes them stupid is ridiculous! that is such a bad way of looking at it. there are hundreds of mods that are never done in the production line that are as far from stupid or rice as anything can be. and i think you need to stop posting in this thread. the OP asked for advice on 20s, if you dont like 20s and dont have any advice for him except "you are teh stupid loser" then you need to shut-up and get out. i might not like 20s, but i can let the OP know what i know without resorting to calling him and his style names. calm down and slow your roll.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:54 PM
stupidassdrummer
1st Gear Member

No one is destroying our stangs by putting 20s on them. Like i posted earlier rims are for looks unless you get a lighter rim(racing rims). So unless you get lighter racing rims there isnt a whole hell of allot of difference. Try going to the track yourself w/ 18s and then w/ 20s youll see there isnt that much of a difference. Were talking 1/16 of a second difference or sumthin like that. How are 20s rice? you asked us what muscle car comes stock w/ 20s, well let me ask you what ricer car comes stock w/ 20s? Ya luxury cars have 20s and up but they are luxury for comfortness and style. and trucks. Muscle cars are fast and stylish. This is not the older days when we barly could 18s on any car. Rims are someones own opinion. If they want to put 22s on them who are you or anyone to tell them no. Yes you can speak your opinion and we respect that, but when u ask us stupid questions like "find any american muscle car from any year factory 20s" well no shizz there wont b any. Neither will "ricers". You can voice your opinion but when you just join a mustangforums.com or any forum for that matter dont come in and start talkin carp how "Good thing none of you guys are making any power with those 'pimpolicious' 20" rims. Your rubber cerrtainly wouldn't last that long. What a useless mod and travesty to amercian muscle ". Anyways bloiwngt welcome to the forum but try not to get on everyones bad side. This is probably the nicest forum out there as far as helpfullness and the quality of people.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 PM
bebrown1075
1st Gear Member

Here is my car with factory installed 20" Wheels. 20x9 front with 275/35/20 and 20x10 Rear with 275/40/20 Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Tires.

Brad

[IMG]local://upfiles/26803/7292F7D7195C41808E28B403B6E1E2B1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26803/7DB454EFCDE14BD6BAF06768F47C4708.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Chip

Why is it that all these guy's who say the can't stand 20" wheels on our AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS always have to put their 2 cents in? If you don't like it why are you even reading this post ? Can you read, it say's "HELP WITH 20's"

I believe that you guy's really do like the looks of the 20's but are afraid to admit it!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/32553/EFD66A9C73FA4BFC9A36BDCCD67EE1AE.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-28-2006, 10:37 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Your right your opinion is just that yours. But the things is the orignal poster did not ask you or any of us for our opinion. He simply asked to see cars with 20's. I personally will not ever bash anyone for what they want to do to their car wether i like it or not. If i do not like it i say nothing which is what you should have done. So why did you feel the need to come in and bash someone else for liking something. Seems like little dick syndrome to me. It is our money our cars and we can do as we like with them. I personally will never take my car to the track because that is not what i purchased the car for. By the way can we see your car?? Sorry no guilt here i think my car looks badass and so does my truck. O yeah here is a picture of it. Feel free to bash away on it. Guess my taste on modding cars and trucks sucks though. Sometimes it is best to keep your opinions to yourself especially when it was not asked for to begin with. But like i said above i guess your momma never taught you manners. I called you names due to the fact that you acted like the name i called you. Your close minded is the bottom line.

Richard

Search this Thread