Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer giving me a garbage story

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

Default Dealer giving me a garbage story

So I just got back from the dealership and my visit was a waste of time. I walked in and said I am interested in ordering an 07 gt and was looking to test drive one of the 06's on the lot. The salesman said we dont let our customers test drive these vehicles because the buyer does not want miles on thier vehicle. So my next question was do you guys honor x plan pricing and he said not on the gt's only on the v6's I was like wtf.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

What do you guys think, is this bs?
any input would be great
Old 06-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer giving me a garbage story

You know how to tell if a car salesman is lying? ..................................His lipps are moving.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:01 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

just go in and tell them that you're lookin to buy an 06 GT... then they have no choice but to let u test drive one
Old 06-28-2006, 07:04 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

When I first looked at the new Mustangs in '05, I got the same story. No X-plan on the GT, only on the V6. They didn't offer me a test drive, but I didn't ask either.

When I bought my car in Feb of this year, I had no problem with the test drive (the salesman suggested it to me) and I got X-plan on the GT with no hassles at all. I paid $26 K and my car has every option except the Shaker 1000.

The official policy from Ford is that the X-plan is available on all Ford vehicles, *EXCEPT* those that are considered in "short supply". I could understand my dealer's stance. When I went last year they had several V6s and only 1 GT. When I went in Feb this year, they had 9 GTs in various levels of trim and various packages--clearly not in "short supply".
Old 06-28-2006, 07:05 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I was going to but he also said that it is drizzling out and the stang has a lot of tourqe.. No sh** man isn't that why i want it... The test drive part made me a little mad but the xplan part really got me going!!!
Thanx for the input guys
Old 06-28-2006, 07:07 PM
tsaints1115
1st Gear Member

Here we can get X on factory orders.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:09 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

When I first looked at the new Mustangs in '05, I got the same story. No X-plan on the GT, only on the V6. They didn't offer me a test drive, but I didn't ask either.

When I bought my car in Feb of this year, I had no problem with the test drive (the salesman suggested it to me) and I got X-plan on the GT with no hassles at all. I paid $26 K and my car has every option except the Shaker 1000.

The official policy from Ford is that the X-plan is available on all Ford vehicles, *EXCEPT* those that are considered in "short supply". I could understand my dealer's stance. When I went last year they had several V6s and only 1 GT. When I went in Feb this year, they had 9 GTs in various levels of trim and various packages--clearly not in "short supply".

Sounds like you have basically the options I want because i am looking to spend around 26-27k w/out that shaker
Thanks man
Old 06-28-2006, 07:11 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Out of curiosity, what is the X-plan?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:14 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Out of curiosity, what is the X-plan?
X plan is usually offered from your employer if offered, and you pay invoice price for the car minus 100 dollars or so
Old 06-28-2006, 07:16 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangmann

Sounds like you have basically the options I want because i am looking to spend around 26-27k w/out that shaker
Thanks man
No prob, you might want to ask around a bit. I've been to a few dealerships that have many GTs on the lot. I'm not sure how they could be claiming they're in short supply.

I actually ended up with a bit more options than I wanted. I wanted either a black or dark gray car, the red & black interior, Stick, Shaker 500, and the interior upgrade package. The car that I ended up with also had the side airbags and the anti-theft system, neither of which I gave a crap about. However, the difference in price was so little that I went ahead and bought the car rather than waiting on additional searching or ordering. Anyway, it is definatley in the dealer's power to give you the X-plan, so the dealer you talked to just didn't want to deal. Try another one.

Quick Reply: Dealer giving me a garbage story