Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How fun is 2009 going to be?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:16 AM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default How fun is 2009 going to be?

What do you guys think about all the competition coming out? Dodge announced that the 2008 challanger is offically going into production. I think its 425 horse 6.1L hemi, and actually looks pretty badass, seems like they used fords bright idea to actually make it look like the older generation car there naming it instead of ohh i dunno *cough* GTO *cough cough* Charger.

So in 2009 the war will be the following:

-Charger- We can spank em all day stock for stock, I wonder if there going to give the charger an overhaul by then as well.

-Challanger- They say its the same body as the charger, just with 4 inches cut out somewhere, So im expecting it to be heavy but has an additional 125 horse to back it up. Also heard its gettin the viper 6 speed auto with a pistol shifter. I think it will be similar to the GTO in performance

-GTO- Ive heard mixed things, im hoping its true that pontiac is going to completly redo the GTO and make it somthing that doesnt resemble a honda accord with a V8.

-Camaro- I believe its a detuned version of the LS2 although it is still claimin 400hp, this is the one that scares me as I think its possibly going to (dont really wanna say it) hand me my ***?

I guess im gonna have to get a S/C by 2009 cause were going to have a lotta competition and if ford is redoing the mustang by then, were gonna be the old news mustangs Guess it was going to happen sooner or later. Although if there adding all these parts to there cars, Aluminum LS2, 4 wheel independent suspension and yada yada yada, how the hell are they going to come near to competing with the mustang pricing?

What are your guys thoughts?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:29 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How fun is 2009 going to be?

HP WARS FTW!!!!!!

hell yea its gonna be fun!

but ford better stop being so damn stupid and maybe, idk, be ahead of GM for once in HP? id like that. the s197 3v will not hold its own against these new musclecars. displacement is back. so are pushrods.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:18 AM
SaleenBuyer
1st Gear Member

I find it ironic that this is occuring given our current economy and how poorly the automakers are doing. Other than that I love it.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:56 AM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

Haha, I just got done commenting on this in another thread.

I think we've got a great thing with this car right now, but the natural forces of marketing are going to force the other automakers to follow suit. I just hope the "modern classic musclecar" thing doesn't get too overblown, because Hummer is trying to get away from the "fuel wasting evil bastard tank" image that they have earned up to this point, and we could all replace them as the new posterboys for excessive gas guzzlers. I think that's going to be a few years away because it will take a while for these cars to roll out and subsequently become popular on the streets before people get really pissy about it. Regardless of how it plays out, I think this makes the Mustang a trend setter for the next few years. How many other cars can say that?

Not that I care about what a bunch of hippies think, but come on man, I dont need that crap.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Dan64456
1st Gear Member

The world is going to end Dec 21st 2012 anyways... But 3 more good years I'll take! The Mayan calendar ends that day. The sumerian's say that the world will end on that day too... They were the true authors of Genesis. They say that planet nibiru is on its way back, and is going to throw the whole solar system out of whack... Were done for.

My point: I am living for today. LOL
Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

GREAT.. another Heaven's Gate type of guy. lol
are you wearing your black Nike's?
Old 07-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Dan64456
1st Gear Member

lol.. no.. white rebok's. Just read the book Genesis Revisited... Highly recommend...
Old 07-07-2006, 01:37 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan64456

The world is going to end Dec 21st 2012 anyways... But 3 more good years I'll take! The Mayan calendar ends that day. The sumerian's say that the world will end on that day too... They were the true authors of Genesis. They say that planet nibiru is on its way back, and is going to throw the whole solar system out of whack... Were done for.

My point: I am living for today. LOL

you actually believe that crap? lol i remember when i was younger the world was supposed to end in october 1994 anfd that never happened lol.

but anyways yeah the 2009 mustangs should be nice i just hope they def give a power increase and do something better with the bodystyle (not as boxy as the 05s were) and theyll have a winner
Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

lol.. no.. white rebok's. Just read the book Genesis Revisited... Highly recommend...
Not to knock on you.. (Im assuming you are Christian, if not sorry.)
But Jesus himself said that no one knows when the world would end.
Not even himself.

How can you argue that? (Besides if your not Christian)
Old 07-07-2006, 02:41 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

i love how fast threads get off topic, from muscle wars to religon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How fun is 2009 going to be?