Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen SC. Install Pics FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:47 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen SC. Install Pics FINALLY

I think you made a great choice and I want to do the same
thing in a year or two. Thanks for sharing the pics, looks awesome

"Let me know what you think."
Old 07-20-2006, 10:54 PM
rfelger
2nd Gear Member

Looks good dude!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:41 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Be carefull on the tune. With that CAI, your probably running lean on account that the Saleen Maxes out the stock injectors. If your pulling more power than normal without better injectors or a better fuel pump, you may hurt the motor.

On the positive side. it looks great. I really like the gauges and how clean the install looks.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: F00Mustang

Be carefull on the tune. With that CAI, your probably running lean on account that the Saleen Maxes out the stock injectors. If your pulling more power than normal without better injectors or a better fuel pump, you may hurt the motor.

On the positive side. it looks great. I really like the gauges and how clean the install looks.
I agree if he is running the stock Saleen provided tune that he might be running lean with the addition of the CAI. But <400 to the wheels he isn't going to max out a set of stock injectors or the fuel system. If he wants to take it higher than that, then yes. But where it is, it will be fine. Besides, if you notice, those injectors are 39lb injectors, not the 24lb stock ones ( stock injectors are black ). I would be more concerned with pegging the MAS before I would be on maxing out the fuel system.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:05 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Congratulations Skymedic. When you get ready to start upgrading let me know. Maybe I can steer you in the right directions on parts prices.

Two things:
1) Kind of hard to tell from the picture, and it looks like yours is correct. But, take a picture of how the vaccuum lines are routed for your fuel pressure actuator and your boost control actuator. There were a couple of different versions of install instructions floating around, and some of them had incorrect vaccuum line routing for the fuel and the boost actuators. It looks like your fuel pressure actuator is connected to the vaccuum port on the drivers side manifold. If so, that is correct. One set of instructions had it connected to a "T" in the brake booster vaccuum line. As for the boost control actuator, there were also two different sets of instructions. One had it connected to the vaccuum port on the passengers side manifold, the other had it going behind the SC and connecting in with the brake booster. Can't tell which way yours is ran from the pic. Looks like it might be going behind the SC. If so, that is also correct.

2) Reclock your alternator so that the cabling does not run risk of rubbing or getting smashed by your intake tube.
Remove negative battery cable
Remove coolant reservoir (no need to drain - leave hoses attached) and lower into pulley area
Remove wiring from alternator
Remove belt from alternator
Remove alternator from bracket
Remove pulley from alternator
Remove 3 machine screws holding alternator together
CAREFULLY tap on front housing (Pulley end) to loosen it from center section of alternator. Do not allow center section to loosen from rear frame.
Rotate front frame of alternator counter clockwise 120 degrees.
Reinstall machine screws, pulley, alternator, belt, wiring, coolant reservoir, and reconnect battery. Be sure to remove old thread lock and use new thread lock on alternator pulley retaining nut and alternator mounting bolts.

When you are finished, your alternator will look like this.
[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/590E8507063B4A38BC151E4058872D6B.jpg[/IMG]

instead of like this
[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/859E7B8724AB4A878F29725C788B50A7.jpg[/IMG]

And yes, the pictures are from two different cars. Was the only before and after pictures I had handy. But you get the idea.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:24 AM
skymedic
2nd Gear Member

Hawgman,

Thanks for the advice. I will take some more detailed pics for you, maybe you will be able to tell from them.

The injectors are NOT stock. they are #39. I am including the dyno pic, so you can see everything including A/F. They were very impressed down at AMP in PHX.

JW

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/CE9844F2C8CE4F6489D242ED1A14408E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/33AEA8EB59564FBA82620D7A8675A1FA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-21-2006, 12:27 AM
skymedic
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah,

Custom Tune on Dyno Jet from Chris at AMP in Phx.

JW
Old 07-21-2006, 12:41 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Looks great!
Finally got my car on the dyno-jet tonight. It got to 350hp at 4600RPM, then he shut it off cause it started going lean. I, of course, forgot to bring my tuner with me--so I'll have to wait till after the Mustang Meet at Myrtle Beach for him to tune me up.

BTW, the tuner guy really sang the praises of the Saleen S/C...and he really seemed to know his stuff.
http://www.pro-dyno.com/
Old 07-21-2006, 12:51 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: skymedic

I am only using the 4psi pulley right now, and they said this is the highest RWHP they have seen, and they attribute that to the CAI.
I now am actually a little surprised they made that comment. When I thought you were running the Saleen provided tune it didn't surprise me. But then read they did a custom tune on the car. It surprised me a little. With custom tuning these things will make over 400 pretty easily with your CAI and injector upgrades. Actually with the stock MAS and a 88mm Steeda MAF ( both were my pre lightning upgrade ) mine put down 417 on the 4" pulley. Not at all doubting the tuner or the shop. I just assumed they had seen around that HP before with the stock pulley and their tune.

BTW, saw them blow up that black fox body on pinks. They kinda got screwed on that deal. But... that's racing I guess.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:01 AM
skymedic
2nd Gear Member

Yeah,

They got shafted on that. They actually bought the car back from those guys. It was sitting at the shop today. You should see what happened to the motor! Unbelievable how it blew up... Should of taken a pic.

Anyways, They said that this is a really safe tune, and they could easily get it higher, but for people who just want daily drivers, they play it on the safe side, plus they warranty all of their work as well.

Did you look at the Dyno Map?

JW

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/4751C45AF5674472A68082D088802C14.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Saleen SC. Install Pics FINALLY