Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Tire Pressure Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:28 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Default 07 Tire Pressure Monitor

Morning
Just wanted to give those of you a heads up on something I didnt know... I just got my new 07 GT and wanted to put and did put 18x10 285-40 on back and 18x9 255-45 on front well it was brought to my attention that I would have to change the TPM and someone else wrote in saying that Ford does not have TPM welllll I am here to tell you that the 07 does. Because everytime I start my car the little light that says Tire pressure Monitor Fault shows up and I have it at the dealer now for them to fix that... SOOO just wanted to let yall know that for those of you who want wider tires.....
Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 AM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Tire Pressure Monitor

Yeah, I got into that issue too when I put 20's on mine. The dealership said they cannot delete it from the computer because Ford has it as a "safety feature" so they ordered some bigger bands to fit around them. They said that most Fords use a valve stem style, but the Mustang uses one that is attached to a band around the wheel.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:32 AM
T.M.808
1st Gear Member

my 99 vette had tire sensors,but they were attached to the valve stem and tire size was not a factor,and they worked with aftermarket rims of any size.
I'm suprised ford still uses the band sensor.[&:]
Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

TM Yea my C6 vette has tire sensors and everything sensor LOL but the tires are plenty wide so I was not into changing them. And hoping I dont have to anytime soon LOL they are those no flat tires, would cost me a pretty penny to replace .... I am sure... Ya know I love my Ford but chevys have alot of extras that Ford just does not have... and I wish they would ohh well Still into Fords
Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 AM
T.M.808
1st Gear Member

I agree with that.I wish the Mustangs had the HUD.That was awesome.I never even looked at my dash gauges.I got rid off my run flats because they were terrible for drag racing,just carried a zo6 compressor/plug kit and a cell phone..
Congrats on the c6,i would have one if it had a back seat.I'll probably add a c6 zo6 after this car is paid off,thats the deal i made with the wife.Do you ever hang out at www.digitalcorvettes.com ?I was a moderator there for 4 years.Great site for reliable info.If you sign up there,tell Patrick i sent ya.
I do love the mustangs also,thats why i didn't get a camaro or GTO etc..
Old 07-28-2006, 06:10 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

C6 Z06 now that is a Badass car !!I drool everytime I see one...( Yellow Please) OMG I would Love to have one buuuut just a bit much for one car with only 2 seats as you say LOL... Yes my C6 does not get driven alot because I do have kidos and not that the Stang has a Big back seat but at least its a seat LOL...When I get the urge and the weather is nice I take the top off the C6 and go cruisin or if its just hubby and me...Wish I lived in Ca where the weather is always nice, but in Houston eww 100% humidity and always HOT.... Ill be jelouse when you get yours
and No i have not been on the digital covette site but going there now to ck it out..Thanks
They just called me from the dealership yeppp they use the band sensor and have to FIND one for my tires, hummm hope they do....
Old 07-29-2006, 01:57 AM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

Tire Pressure Monitoring systems are(will) be standard in all cars starting either 07 or 08, can't remember which. It's a mandatory thing from the gov't. I had one on a Nissan, worked greated. When it gets real cold (5 below or so) air leeks out aluminum wheels. It's not real fum checking your tires when snot is freezing in your nose. [sm=forgetit.gif] You southern boys probably have no idea what I'm talking about.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:49 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

LOL your right, this southern girl does not remember what it is to ck tire pressure with snot freezing in my nose.LOL BUT I do know how it feels to stand out in the 100+ degree wheather and 100+ humitiy with sweat running down my ***** and forhead changing a tire on the side of the road, eww that was NOT Fun I tell ya...And if you are wondering yes I did have a few people stop and help but it was STILL damn hot...
Old 07-29-2006, 10:06 AM
T.M.808
1st Gear Member

The good thing about the c5 and c6's,you can check the tire pressure from the dash.
The coldest weather iv'e been in for the past 10 years was 45*.It's always humid in hawaii as well,but we get alot of nice driving days..
I agree about the back seat.Our son is 5,and it's ok for him (we have an 02 stang also).So the deal was,i'll sell my c5,get the GT,pay it off in 3 to 5 years.Adam will be almost 10 by then,she will have a nice Tahoe or f-150,then i'll get my c6 z.Sorry,but it will be black.Then i'll make this car a track car.
However,i do have a soft spot for yellow cars with black flames..humm.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 AM
StevesGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07stangGrl

LOL your right, this southern girl does not remember what it is to ck tire pressure with snot freezing in my nose.LOL BUT I do know how it feels to stand out in the 100+ degree wheather and 100+ humitiy with sweat running down my ***** and forhead changing a tire on the side of the road, eww that was NOT Fun I tell ya...And if you are wondering yes I did have a few people stop and help but it was STILL damn hot...
Sorry, that quote made my day.

Quick Reply: 07 Tire Pressure Monitor