Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piedmont Modular Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Default Piedmont Modular Performance

Anyone have any experience working with these gentlemen? Small startup company in NC doing Mustang work? I'm hearing good things about them, wondered if anyone else has dealt with them yet for parts, servicing etc?

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Piedmont Modular Performance

Where in NC?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:14 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Piedmont? Interesting. Haven't dealt with them, but I'd like to check them out. Where are they located?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Is it in NC or SC? becuase, SC has a peidmont area in it.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

There's also a Piedmont in like Utah or Oklahoma or something... But he said NC.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:11 AM
jcovercash
1st Gear Member

I normally would not reply to a post like this, I would just let everyone discuss it, but seeing our situation I figure I would tell a bit about our company (We are not yet a sponser of this website, so I will not link to our website or post contact information out of respect for Mustang Forums).

Thank you everyone for the interest in our company, Mike I know we have been in contact so I am giving this information to the others explaining our situation., and hope everything is going good for you.

Piedmont Modular Performance is a new startup company based out of Salisbury, NC. It is co-owned and Operated by Myself (Josh Overcash) and a good friend of mine Kevin Kintner. We run the business and communications with our customers. As I stated we are a new startup company, and don't have a lot of business references as of yet. We are working hard to get our suppliers built up and have a few big name people under our belt, and hope to have several more in the upcoming weeks.

We are new to the internet as well (we plan on being sponsers of several forums in the very near future). Our website is in development and should launch this weekend hopefully. We will be offering some custom products for the S197 Mustangs, along with parts for older mustangs back to the 5.0's, along with the parts that everyone else carries too. We are also doing install work. All install work is done by myself and Kevin, we have a combined 15 years of Mustang automotive experiance, and we have an assistant who has over 30 years of automotive experiance. We are passionate about our cars and you can expect us to treat your cars with care and respect! If we are not capable of doing something, we tell our customers, we will not BS you.... Customer satisfaction is our number one goal.

Just getting started up the way we have, has given us a low overhead. Using this to our advantage we are passing along the savings to our customers. You can expect below average install rates from us compared to other shops, and we hope to be able to get stuff in and out quicker than many of the shops out there, but with the same if not better quality of work. Im not going to lie to you, yes we want to make money, but we enjoy doing this work and enjoy helping and meeting fellow mustang owners also. That is our motivation, to see a happy customer, driving their high performance mustang, and knowing that we put that smile on their face!

I doubt anyone on the net will have any experiances with us, that is my main reason for posting information about our company. We have mainly worked with people we have met through local acquaintances. Haven't directly worked with anyone off an internet forum that I know of. Although I know I have spoke with quite a few people about doing work for them off the internet.

Bottom line is, we will do everything in our power to make our customers happy, while offering them the best deal we think possible.

Thanks for your time,
Josh Overcash
Piedmont Modular Performance.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:12 AM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Well I wasn't expecting that

Ok, well, figured some of the other folks who you'd dealt with would have stepped in to the thread (they might not have seen it yet or be users of these forums of course) but it was worth a stab.

I won't get J into trouble by going on and on about their work with me thus far. Suffice to say, they have talked me through a large order (parts and installation), have answered every question I've asked (we've exchanged...hell 30 emails probably, covering every possible contingency/option for my car that I was interested in) and are going to be the company I'm looking to get some work done with once I'm home in Sept (setting up an appt in early Oct presumeably). And I mean serious work. Their quote to me was exceptionally competitive given the work I'm asking them to do for me (power adder and associated parts + extensive suspension add ons), and their attention to detail in determining exactly how going with piece A will interact positively or negatively with part B has been incredible. They've never tried to push a part, product or service on and when offering one, have spelled out every single ramification I can come up with a concern over. Ok, so I went on and on a little bit. Sue me

Call it my need for reassurance, but I figured I'd fish for more info here about them as well. Not because I have much in the way of doubts. Josh, sorry if I brought you guys into the limelight before you were ready for the attention :P
Old 08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a new company that's heading in the right direction. I wish them all the luck in the world.

I would be greatly interested in at least checking out the shop sometime. I'm in W-S, NC, so Salisbury is only about 45 minutes away. I'm not looking to do any major modifications right now, but definitely in the future, and it would be nice to have a local shop in mind to do the work. So thanks for the post Josh, and again, good luck!
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Slappy, I'm living in TN right now (well when I'm Stateside) but I've got family and my kids in NC and intend to mvoe back in a couple of years to Fayetteville area. What's the tint law in NC? And how diligent are cops in enforcing it in your estimation?

Thanks in advance.

(loooook at me, hijacking my own damned thread!!)
Old 08-16-2006, 01:42 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

On cars and truck, 35% all around, nothing allowed on the windshield. SUVs, 35% on the front, anything allowed on the rear windows. Yeah, I know, that makes no sense at all, but that's what I've been told. You have to have 35% or higher to pass inspection (unless you know the right people). Most cops will give you a warning the first time, and tell you that you must have it removed and rechecked. But 35% for cars...

Quick Reply: Piedmont Modular Performance