Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Keyed+$500 deductable=no fun

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:18 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default Getting Keyed+$500 deductable=no fun

And not even a clue who did it... i went on vacation and it was all good and i wasnt mean to anybody... i come home around 1 AM go to sleep, come out the next morning and BOOM keyed all the way down the passenger side, the side facing the street (i park in the street, but i live in a court) its hard to see in the pics but its as deep as you can key a car and i can fit a nail in there, and it runs from my front fender above my "4.0" emblem all the way back to the back fender where they just went ape**** on it.

EDIT: ford body shop quoted me at $1069.91 [:@][:@][:@]

people suck
Old 08-17-2006, 10:26 AM
jbuck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Getting Keyed+$500 deductable=no fun

That is terrible. I sure wouldnt be parking on the street anymore, makes me really thankful for my garage. If you have to park on the street I would be buying a surveilance camera to mount on front of your house, so that if it ever happens again you can find out who this scum of the earth is and exact a little street level revenge.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:44 AM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Damn! I just got my hood keyed a week and a half ago. After the initial horror I tried to look at the positives. If you ever wanted any sort of custom paint or body parts here is your chance. It is quite possible that you can find a body shop willing to figure part of the cost of extra custom stuff into the quote for your insurance. Sorry man.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:59 AM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

Ouch man, what the hell......that is just ridiculous.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:18 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbuck

That is terrible. I sure wouldnt be parking on the street anymore, makes me really thankful for my garage. If you have to park on the street I would be buying a surveilance camera to mount on front of your house, so that if it ever happens again you can find out who this scum of the earth is and exact a little street level revenge.
no garage to park it in... and my driveway isnt any safer you can see it in the pic lol. Its just a damn shame people are that lowly
Old 08-17-2006, 01:41 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Park it in the street again with the other side facing out and camp out. They will probably strike again. But when they do you will be waiting. May i suggest an advanced taser for the weapon of choice.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:42 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Where do you live? The way I drive I'm sure someone is going to key my car eventually. It's not my fault this car just wants to go fast!

I'm sure it was some kid or woman. No adult male with half a brain would do something like that.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:51 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

you think? I find it's almost always a bitter dude that does it....or a teen male which fits the child category perhaps.

Regardless, I'm not saying this is a foolproof situation for you but try a car cover. It's good to deter the casual ******** that will do something on impulse. You're never going to stop someone who's dedicated to taking a shot at ya with no way to lock the car up but it's gonna get rid of all but the die hards usually.

I'm in the same boat, no longer have a garage at my house....it was turned into 2 finished rooms and a storage area, lol.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

To clarify, my definition of adult is 25 or older. IME anyone over 25 has gained some common sense, there are exceptions to every rule though.

Women however will key your car regardless of age if they are looking to get even with you for something.

ORIGINAL: lukoi66

you think? I find it's almost always a bitter dude that does it....or a teen male which fits the child category perhaps.

Regardless, I'm not saying this is a foolproof situation for you but try a car cover. It's good to deter the casual ******** that will do something on impulse. You're never going to stop someone who's dedicated to taking a shot at ya with no way to lock the car up but it's gonna get rid of all but the die hards usually.

I'm in the same boat, no longer have a garage at my house....it was turned into 2 finished rooms and a storage area, lol.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Probably some punk in the neighborhood

Quick Reply: Getting Keyed+$500 deductable=no fun