Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Mustang Chase

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Wild Mustang Chase

ORIGINAL: doodad

l have seen this one hudreds times.. still cool though.. that was a v6 mustang.

Just think what he could have done with a GT. Nice piece of driving, even if he was a total idiot.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:07 PM
ScreaminYella06
1st Gear Member

"Bold Moves" Ford needs to scoup that one up!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:33 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Built Ford Tough
+1
Old 08-21-2006, 12:51 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

If I'm not too much mistaken, cops aren't supposed to engage the PIT maneuver at such high speeds. For one, its dangerous.......for the suspect, the cop, and the surrounding public. Secondly, for the reasons you see on the video for yourself..........at higher speeds the car's tireslip when spun allows him to continue manipulating the steering to get the car back on track. At slower speeds, the same maneuver would screech the suspect's car to a near halt.
I think the cops can use their judgement on that, and in this guy's case, there wasn't any other traffic around when the cop bumped him. I showed that video to my father (who's a retired cop and has been in a number of high-speed chases.) He said basically the job of the officers is to stop the vehicle as soon as they can. The longer a chase goes on, the higher the more the risk for the crook to crash the car into innocent civilians.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:19 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: superiormirage

If I'm not too much mistaken, cops aren't supposed to engage the PIT maneuver at such high speeds. For one, its dangerous.......for the suspect, the cop, and the surrounding public. Secondly, for the reasons you see on the video for yourself..........at higher speeds the car's tireslip when spun allows him to continue manipulating the steering to get the car back on track. At slower speeds, the same maneuver would screech the suspect's car to a near halt.
I think the cops can use their judgement on that, and in this guy's case, there wasn't any other traffic around when the cop bumped him. I showed that video to my father (who's a retired cop and has been in a number of high-speed chases.) He said basically the job of the officers is to stop the vehicle as soon as they can. The longer a chase goes on, the higher the more the risk for the crook to crash the car into innocent civilians.
Well my question on this then is why is this only time I've ever seen a high speed PIT maneuver. I've watched dozens and dozens of high speed freeway/highway pursuits on TV and the net.........this is the only time I've seen the PIT maneuver employed at these speeds. And say what you may, but the chase continued despite their multiple attempts at the maneuver. All I'll say, is that if I were a cop in pursuit of such a vehicle at those high speeds, it would be my action of last resort. JMO
Old 08-21-2006, 01:26 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

I bet you if that was an SUV, they definately wouldnt do the PIT mauever at high speeds. They new it would take alot for the mustang to flip.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:31 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

And how would you know its a V6...?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

And how would you know its a V6...?
It had to be He couldn't outrun the cops.....[sm=loser.gif]
Old 08-21-2006, 01:47 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

lol.. its not even a new model Stang, so the only way you would be able to tell whether it was a 6 or not is if you saw the exhaust, or the emblems, and from that video you cant see either.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Gbart

im pretty sure it was a v6 to to be honest it was on my news for like i said 2 weeks and they showed close ups after the chase and wreck and if i member right it was a v6. Like i said it happened like 4 miles from my house.

Quick Reply: Wild Mustang Chase