Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

geico insurance

Old 09-06-2006, 09:42 AM
gt7er
1st Gear Member

Default geico insurance

anybody have geico insurance? i got a quote for 650 every 6 months instead of 1200 every 6 months with state farm (current insurance). why is it so cheap? will i get screwed over if i switch?
Old 09-06-2006, 10:03 AM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: geico insurance

I use geico and it was a lot cheaper too. From what I have heard from people is everything will be fine until you get into an accident, then 9 times out of 10, they will pay for your repairs and immediately proceed to drop you afterwards. Honestly, even if this happens, you have now saved a ton of money until then, at least that's how I view it.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Archion
4th Gear Member

I have had Geico for 2 years now, I have not had an accident so I cannot comment on that issue. mine is 580 for six months with a $50 ded. but i know the rates change depend on diff factors as in location age, record etc. When I was running my shop I had a customer with Geico full coverage and when his car needed a motor they stroked me a check for it,and he still has geico today and that was 4 yrs ago. so i guess its all in what your policy entails. As far as being able to offer the really cheap rates it all boils down to the number of customers they have. Also Geico would let me add my GF to my policy free of charge whereas statefarm would not unless we were married.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:36 AM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

I am 23 with nothing on my driving record and Geico was waaaay cheaper than the other insurance carriers I looked at. Mine is about $700/6months. Lots of the other ones were about 2x that. Haven't had to make a claim yet, but even if they drop you or jack up your rates after the first claim, it's just not worth it to pay twice as much for the same level of insurance from someone else.

Your rates won't go up just from switching carriers, as long as you have continuous coverage.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

I picked up Geico with my new Stang... much less expensive than the other quotes I got as well... plus their online account management and billpay is excellent.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

I have GEICO for my motorcycle. They were half of what USAA was charging me. I only used them once right after I got them. My bike broke down and their roadside assistance picked up the bike, towed it to a Harley shop and stored it. Harley warranty paid for the repair so the whole thing ended up costing me nothing.

I have USAA on my 06 GT and I pay $354.57 for six months with full coverage and 100/300/100 limits. Comparing insurance premiums is like apples and oranges. Many factors are used to determine rates (e.g. age, location, driving history, claim history, credit history, other vehicles insured, other drivers on policy, deductible amount, safety features and coverage limits). Best thing to do is shop around.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 AM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

My daughter has totaled two late model cars which ultimately resulted in Met Life canceling us. We now are with GEICO and she just wrecked my wifes car Saturday night. I sure do hope that we are not cancelled. I will try to remember to dig up this thread later and post it if we are.

Has anyone ever been canceled by GEICO for a major wreck?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Totaled 3 cars? Sweet Jebus! Might I suggest that she never get behind the wheel of a car... ever again?

Insurance wise, my lead foot kills me a little. School zones, 30mph zones, city limits I always drive safe. It's that damn interstate that hates me. But I accept the risks and end results of driving fast, and don't blame "******** cops" for it.

I go through Progressive. $800/6mo. Never called Geico to see what my rate would be.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
07GT WindDevil

I was just about to say after the first there would have been a good reason why shy got to drive in the next year and then with the second she would never have even got a chance at the trifecta.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

If she was my daughter, she'd be walking. Just shows she has no respect.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: geico insurance