Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those that need manuals...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default For those that need manuals...

I order all my manuals from Helm INC, they are the company that actually prints most oem manuals, and even do reproductions for older cars, Yes they are more expensive than Haynes or Chiltons, but it is well woth the money if you plan on servicing your car. When was the last ime you saw Haynes or Chiltons have 3000 pages. This is an actual FORD manual, it covers every screw, nut bolt wire and component on the car, an excellent source of info. they also have seperate wiring guides and tsb info, owners manuals, warranty guides and all that good stuff,

here is a link to the service manual

Ford Service Manual

I just ordered mine today

And for those with the xtra money to burn they have everything you would ever like to know and more on a dvd for around 2k...
Old 09-07-2006, 05:26 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: For those that need manuals...

And if you look on ebay you can find the same DVDs that Ford uses for service manuals for less than $20. Seems like a better deal to me...
Old 09-07-2006, 07:21 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

how much for the dvd
Old 09-07-2006, 08:53 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nonstopred
how much for the dvd
See my original post:
ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

And if you look on ebay you can find the same DVDs that Ford uses for service manuals for less than $20. Seems like a better deal to me...
Old 09-08-2006, 03:08 AM
obsidianspider

Very cool. With the lack of Haynes manuals for 05+ this is a great option. Probably much more detailed info than the $20 Haynes manuals anyway. I just added myself to the notification list for an 07 manual.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:20 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Why would anyone want a 3000+ page paper manual when you can buy all of the same info along with all other Ford models for the same model year on DVD for 20 bucks? You can use search with the DVD, show me a book that can do that and you don't have to worry about getting pages dirty, torn or lost b/c you can just reprint them when needed. All dealerships use the DVDs now, there is a reason for that...
Old 09-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

I honestly just prefer going through a book than clicking on the pdf's. That's me though. I have to look at this damn screen long enough during the day. Any chance to take my eyes off it make me happy.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

1QuickShortBus

Why would anyone want a 3000+ page paper manual when you can buy all of the same info along with all other Ford models for the same model year on DVD for 20 bucks?

kind of hard to get my big screen or pull my whole computer system outside next to my car. Maybe if I had a laptop though. I do like the dvd option and still might buy it, but I like the actual paper manual because I can put it in my car and it's always there ready to use instantly.

Goood option on the dvd if you can use it.

- C
Old 11-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I haven't seen this DVD but maybe you can just print up the pages you need for the job your performing and you'll be GTG. Anyone know know the actual name of this DVD? I def need one since I'll only trust factory specs after breaking a bolt off in my bellhousing installing torque limiters.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:55 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

These manuals are the same ones that Ford uses. They are extremely easy to use and accurate. I have them for all my cars. I don't believe the CD has as much info.

Quick Reply: For those that need manuals...