Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible / Power window problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:30 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Convertible / Power window problems

I often wonder why they even bother to produce and print an owners manual. Maybe they could get owners to read the manuals if they started a rumor that they put $100 bills in between the manual pages on random cars. I'll admit I never read a novel. But I can't put down an owners manual whenever I buy a new vehicle.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:04 AM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

It is not in my manual. I read it carefully before taking back to dealer. Pages 43 44 & 45 do not mention a sequence for raising windows. Page 52 tells about putting the top back up and the last line says "6. Raise the front and rear side windows". You guys must have a different manual than mine. The service dept at dealer spent 3 hours adjusting my driver side windows so they worked in any order. You saying that if my windows are down & I want to raise front window only I have to raise my rear window then my front window then lower my rear window. You can but my dealer fixed mine no questions asked. If I am wrong please tell me page number of manual so I can see it. My manual part # is 6R3J-19A321-EA.

06 GT Vert
Old 11-17-2006, 12:51 AM
JimC

I was thinking the same as you -- nothing in my manual either about a specific sequence other than having the windows down before putting the to up or down. My dealer didn't say anything like that either, and just did the adjustments and replaced a sensor and I haven't had a problem since with the driver window (which was the only one that did this).
Old 04-10-2015, 02:23 PM
simmonsbill78@yahoo.com

I used the above recalibrate window instructions. When I lowered the window and held the button 2 seconds as stated the windows went up, and bounced back down before I could finish the recalibration process. I have AUTO windows - maybe that's the difference. I can not find recalibrate windows in owners manual. Dealer said to raise the rear window first. It works but it seems contrary to such a expensive car. The passenger window works fine...
Old 04-11-2015, 06:09 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simmonsbill78@yahoo.com
I used the above recalibrate window instructions. When I lowered the window and held the button 2 seconds as stated the windows went up, and bounced back down before I could finish the recalibration process. I have AUTO windows - maybe that's the difference. I can not find recalibrate windows in owners manual. Dealer said to raise the rear window first. It works but it seems contrary to such a expensive car. The passenger window works fine...
Welcome to the forum!
You dug up a 9 year old thread. It's best to start a new thread of your own when you have an issue like this.

I *highly* encourage you to change your username to something that does NOT involve your actual e-mail address. That's right up there with posting your address on internet forums.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:27 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

First they all have auto windows, when recalibrating the windows you have to have the doors fully closed, don't know if the online manual is the same, but I found it on page 86.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../14musom1e.pdf
Old 04-13-2015, 10:29 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
First they all have auto windows, when recalibrating the windows you have to have the doors fully closed, don't know if the online manual is the same, but I found it on page 86.
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../14musom1e.pdf
Hello simmonsbill78@yahoo.com,

As AK_Kayaker mentioned, it’s in the owner’s manual. You can also stop by your Ford Dealer and have them check it out as well.

Deysha