Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible / Power window problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

Default Convertible / Power window problems

I did a search & couldn't find anything on this topic.

When I put the top up on the 07 GT Convertible, then put the windows up the drivers window
bounces back down. I'm having to close it two or three times before it stays up. I know the newer cars have sensors that keep a kid from closing his head in the window... Is it possible I have a bad sensor? Is there any adjustment? I have checked for obstructions and there are none. Only happens after the top has been down.... I will be contacting the dealer about this but thought I would educate myself a little before I spoke with them. Anyone else had this? Any thoughts? pork
Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Convertible / Power window problems

You need to recalibrate the window, the procedure is in the owners manual.

I believe it is, with the door closed and the top up, roll the window all of the way down and hold the button for 2 seconds, then immediately raise the window all of the way up and hold the switch up for 2 seconds.

If that doesn't work the manual has the proper directions.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
rerun
1st Gear Member

I found that in my 'stang, if I raise the back windows all the way first, then raise the front windows I don't have a problem. If I do the front windows first, or in sequence with the rears they always bounce back down. Or yeah, recalibrate the windows--I'm just lazy.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:36 AM
JimC

I had the same problem with my 06 Pony -- except mine only happened if I had the back windows down. The driver door window would go up, then immediately express back down and come back up about 1/3. If the rear windows were up, then I had no problems. I took it in and they replaced a sensor and made some other adjustments and haven't had any problems since. The front passenger window didn't have the problem, only the driver's side.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:19 AM
pork
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimC
I had the same problem with my 06 Pony -- except mine only happened if I had the back windows down. The driver door window would go up, then immediately express back down and come back up about 1/3. If the rear windows were up, then I had no problems. I took it in and they replaced a sensor and made some other adjustments and haven't had any problems since. The front passenger window didn't have the problem, only the driver's side.
This is a copy of my problem... It happens when the rear windows are down, and only the drivers side. I'll get the owners manual out and give recalibration a try before I go to the dealer... Not real crazy about having the dealer tear my new car apart... Thanks for the responses...
Old 09-08-2006, 01:46 AM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

You must put the back windows up first. I took mine in and the tech came out and put the back up first and then said there you go all fixed.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

I don't have to put the back windows up first on mine. My drivers side window did that once or twice when I first got it, but it hasn't happened since...knock on wood.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:47 PM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

My 06 vert drivers window kept bouncing back down also, only when the back window was down & top was up. I noticed that the window was missing the track in the convertable top & the interference sensor was sending window back down thinking something was in the way. This would not happen if the rear window was up first as the rear window would force the front window to land in the track. I took it back & showed the service manager & he said there was no way Ford would make you put the rear window up first without wireing it that way. He adjusted the front window regulator so front window landed in track and now I can put windows up & down in any order.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:39 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pork

I did a search & couldn't find anything on this topic.

When I put the top up on the 07 GT Convertible, then put the windows up the drivers window
bounces back down. I'm having to close it two or three times before it stays up. I know the newer cars have sensors that keep a kid from closing his head in the window... Is it possible I have a bad sensor? Is there any adjustment? I have checked for obstructions and there are none. Only happens after the top has been down.... I will be contacting the dealer about this but thought I would educate myself a little before I spoke with them. Anyone else had this? Any thoughts? pork
This is in the manual. You must have your rear windows up before doing this.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

If you do not raise the rears first the rubber gasket between the backs and the fronts can break over time. The gasket mounted to the rear glass is form fitted to the front glass and if the rear window is not up the rear gasket may not form fit to the front glass. Always raise the rears first.

Quick Reply: Convertible / Power window problems