Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 convert water on floor?????????

Old 09-08-2006, 09:28 PM
gtvert06
1st Gear Member

Default 06 convert water on floor?????????

Help!!!!! The other night after a heavy rain I had a puudle of water behind the passnger seat on the floor??????????. Anyone know where to look?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:39 PM
finch00
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 06 convert water on floor?????????

that happened to me too except in the front near the fuse box then ran back.... i've been meaning to take it to the dealer...
Old 09-08-2006, 11:14 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

did you leave the top down in the rain lol jk umm wow that stinx got a bunch of water on the floor of the drivers side of my jeep, still dont know wut caused it. Hope you have some luck
Old 09-08-2006, 11:19 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

That is a know problem with jeeps, pretty much every jeep gets that. I have owned two jeeps in the last 5 years and both of them did that, one was a 2001 and the other a 2003.
ORIGINAL: nonstopred

did you leave the top down in the rain lol jk umm wow that stinx got a bunch of water on the floor of the drivers side of my jeep, still dont know wut caused it. Hope you have some luck
Old 09-09-2006, 01:20 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

That's kind of weird that the water was behind the passenger seat.....hmmm...maybe check the little 1/4 seal, but even than you would see it drip onto the side first...

Wow, I duno man, you stumped me, mine has never leaked anywhere (knock on wood) water goes to the lowest point so if you had a puddle there should have been some wet spots visible as to where it was draining to the floor from ..
Old 09-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Oh man, that is a real bummer! Pull out the rear seats and see if it's wet under the seat. Also check inside the trunk. This might help narrow it down, it might be leaking around the top well. If you haven't pulled the lower back seat out before it's easy, just feel around under the lip until you find the plastic levers, push them in while lifting on the front edge of the seat.

If it's wet under the seat, next I would pull the upper rear seat out as well and get someone to spray a hose around the top well while you watch from inside the car and trunk for leaks. If you can isolate where it's coming from you'll have a better chance of getting it fixed by the dealer.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:48 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

This reminds me of the time my Dad and I were shopping for a Chevy Nova. Cousin calls and says a used one on the lot. Go look at it and ironically I'm the only one that sees the puddle in the back seat floor! Get home tell Dad about it, he calls cousin and cousin goes and looks. Sure enough the puddle is still there. Thank God it had recently rained and I caught that puddle. Needless to say, didn't buy it! Dad instead goes to a dealership he's done electrical work for the owner, gets me a great deal on a brand spanking new 74' Nova! (am I telling my age???) I was grateful I caught the puddle otherwise Dad was going to co sign for that car, he was that ready until I mentioned the puddle. About a year later my boyfriend, now my hubby for 30 years, was rearended by a drunk in my Nova. He was coming to pick me up from work Frame was bent... drivers seat back part was broken, no longer would support your back!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:52 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

If i had to take my guess, i would say where the rear window and the front window meets, take a close looks, not much but flabby rubber there it seems, i am kinda worried about that with my car too.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:43 PM
gtvert06
1st Gear Member

Well here is where I am. I checked under the rear seats and found no signs of water. No water in the trunk. I put the top down in the sun and dried everything up. So I was thinking the leak maybe between the front & rear window. So I put the hose on the windows but could not get any water except a few drips to come in. So I am still puzzled. I was thinking the windows drop when you open the door, is there anytime they don't go back up after closing??? Thanks for the ideas so far. I guess it is a work in progress.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:59 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

OK i know i do this all the time, accidently hit the back window switch by mistake, is it possible one of your windows was slightly down?
ORIGINAL: gtvert06

Well here is where I am. I checked under the rear seats and found no signs of water. No water in the trunk. I put the top down in the sun and dried everything up. So I was thinking the leak maybe between the front & rear window. So I put the hose on the windows but could not get any water except a few drips to come in. So I am still puzzled. I was thinking the windows drop when you open the door, is there anytime they don't go back up after closing??? Thanks for the ideas so far. I guess it is a work in progress.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 convert water on floor?????????