Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS - has anyone tried this???

Old 01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: TPMS - has anyone tried this???

ORIGINAL: vsop

you don't thread PVC pipe even the threaded end cap requires you to glue on a injection moldedadpater.
You can use teflon tape, I find the paste to work better.
ok, so glue on a threaded end, use a threaded cap with tape or paste on it and it'll hold air pressure?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
bcolem10

OK guys, This is not something I am guessing at. I am using this thing every day.And it works fine. The reason for the threaded was for testing, We added one sensor at a time to see if it caused any problems. So it was best to thread one end.We used teflon pipe dope (paste) in a can with a brush on the threads. The tube is two inches in diax one ft long. Sensors are mounted to a paint stir stick, two on each side of the stick using black tape.My tube is mounted in the trunk. Have a nice day!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:50 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

I am sure you can turn this light off with an sct tuner....
Did anyone else even read this??? I'd have to agree. I would imagine there is a way to shut off the TPMS with your tuner. I know Brent at Brenspeed.com said he could set me up with a tune that leaves the traction control off all of the time, so I'm sure he could find a way to shut off the TPMS system.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:42 AM
bcolem10

Uncle Sam says this thing must work at all times.The system cant be shut down. I have the 2007 service manual for mustangs, it says nothing about turning thethe system off. If it does let me know. Keep us informed.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bcolem10

OK guys, This is not something I am guessing at. I am using this thing every day.And it works fine. The reason for the threaded was for testing, We added one sensor at a time to see if it caused any problems. So it was best to thread one end.We used teflon pipe dope (paste) in a can with a brush on the threads. The tube is two inches in diax one ft long. Sensors are mounted to a paint stir stick, two on each side of the stick using black tape.My tube is mounted in the trunk. Have a nice day!
I do appreciate your post!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

PVC will easily hold 35 psi, we have the airline in our shop run in 3/4 inch PVC and have 120 psi of air pressure running through it 24/7
Old 01-17-2007, 08:31 PM
wishIhada5.0
2nd Gear Member

I aminterested in the spair tire idea, has anyone tried this? It seems to be simple and doesnt have PVC bouncing around the trunk, good idea on the pipe though if the spare doesnt work!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Bouncing around? I thought about doing this and zip-tieing it to a quarter panel brace under the carpet. Outta sight, Outta mind. The only problem I see with the spare tire is getting it balanced after you install all the sensors on it. Does anyone know if the spare has a sensor too? According to the schematic in the manual, it does, but I'm not 100% sure. Balancing 5 sensors in a wheel would be some serious weights on the outside. If it wasn't balanced, would that render the spare useless? I'd hate to have to replace my doughnut with a can of fix-a-flat
Old 01-18-2007, 02:28 AM
bcolem10

My tube is mounted to a bracket in the trunk up by the speekers, no bouncing around. Yes you can put them in the spair. I did some testing by using a small go kart tire. Tube is the best way to go.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 AM
bcolem10

Some cars do but not the mustang.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPMS - has anyone tried this???