Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

ORIGINAL: bajalady
Hi. New to the forums here but found this after searching because of a horrible smell in my '06 GT. After reading the posts checked the passenger floor and sure enough under the carpet was wet. Took it to the dealer and just got it back last week. It was raining on the trip home about an hours drive and rained for 2 days after. The car appears to have stayed dry. Not much on tech terms but here's what they found , leak found around body seam on ps front under wiper cowl. Resealed seam and put cowl and wipers back on. Not sure if this helps anyone out but its worth a look. Also had the dash rattle and TSB06-4-1 seems to have fixed that as well. Car is stored for the winter now but will report back if the problem reoccurs. Good luck all!
Sheri welcome to the forum. Did they tell you what was rattling specifically. And what is TSB06-4-1 ? I don't recall that number TSB.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:08 PM
bajalady

Hi again. TSB06-4-1 is the exhaust hanger by transmission. They installed clamps to stop it from vibrating. I guess it would vibrate and transmit throught the console. Seems to have fixed it so far.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:49 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Hi again. TSB06-4-1 is the exhaust hanger by transmission. They installed clamps to stop it from vibrating. I guess it would vibrate and transmit throught the console. Seems to have fixed it so far.
Thanks Sherie, I passed your info on to the thread dealing with the rattle problem. One person had a muffler shop do the same fix to his car.

Thanks again your input is appreciated.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:57 PM
RomanPacific
1st Gear Member

Well I just checked my car this morning after the three day downpour here in NC and sure enough I found a nice puddle on the passenger side. I guess I'll have to call the dealership Monday and see what they say. I had a Jeep that leaked forever and I was really excited to have a new car that was nice and tigh with no smell. SO much for that idea.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Rob_R

Chalk up another '07 coupe with a big puddle on the passenger side floor. The car is about a month old with about 2700 miles. After reading this thread, I have occasionally checked for a leak. I have driven several times in downpours with no issue. However, for the last 2 days the car sat in torrential rain and then I washed it today. I don't know if sitting in the rain caused the puddle or if washing the car did. Whichever, there was puddle of water on the pasenger side floor and I could feel that it was wet right up to under the kickpanel.

I made an appointment at the dealership for Tues. Let's see what happens.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Did we ever get a definitive answer to where it is leaking?
Old 11-24-2006, 09:25 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

This looks like the closest we've come to nailing it
down. Now if someone could take a picture of this exact
location and the seam that was sealed, we'll be in business.
-
-
-

Hi. New to the forums here but found this after searching because of a horrible smell in my '06 GT. After reading the posts checked the passenger floor and sure enough under the carpet was wet. Took it to the dealer and just got it back last week. It was raining on the trip home about an hours drive and rained for 2 days after. The car appears to have stayed dry. Not much on tech terms but here's what they found , leak found around body seam on ps front under wiper cowl. Resealed seam and put cowl and wipers back on. Not sure if this helps anyone out but its worth a look. Also had the dash rattle and TSB06-4-1 seems to have fixed that as well. Car is stored for the winter now but will report back if the problem reoccurs. Good luck all!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:07 AM
FST 05

had a light rain last night and the car was parked on a hill with the front facing downhill. Checked for water and it was dry, then drove 30 miles to work in a light rain on the interstate and when I got to work I checked the floor again and it was wet up under the kickpannel, guess those area's I put body sealer on did nothing.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Just in case everyone missed it, another owner posted in the V6 section about their leak. Click on the link below. This issue seems to be very common.

Another Leak
Old 11-30-2006, 07:06 PM
jerzystang
1st Gear Member

wow, this is a little scary for a new car. I just ran out an checked my car, no wetness (had just washed the car today). I'll be watching closely though as its going to rain pretty good friday here in new jersey.

Quick Reply: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS