Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

I'll take it back to the dealer on saturday. They'll either be able to fix it, or if I have to, I'll pull out the lemon law. Originally I didn't think I had the problem when I posted, then I checked. I just don't edit my messages by deleting what I've said, I only add to it.

I still stand by what I said, just because you find some forum with 10 posts, and all of them "mustangs have such and such a proble," doesn't mean that 100% of the cars do. I'd be interestd for some more people to reach down the junction box and check, though.

We'll see what happens, they'll pull the floor apart and we'll see how wet it is. Like I said, it felt slightly moist - as in cold and clammy. It's also a metal surface and the temperature chagned about 30 degrees yesterday and today. Could be condensation, could be nothing at all (I imagined it). I haven't noticed any smell nor had any problems, but then I've been keeping the car clean and febreezed, so I don't know.

Maybe it's in my head, but I have a dash rattle and just noticed my rear bumper cover is seperating. None of this is appropriate for any new car, whether a 12k kia or a 20k+ mustang.

At any rate, I payed a good amount extra for "super duper ultra mega warranty", so I'm going to get my moneys worth.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
rasguedo

ORIGINAL: doodad

ok i clicked on the link but what is that? is that some kind of forum or thats it?

is that a big issue?

by the way, i forgot to mention.. i really appriciate your great write up..
Sorry I didnt specify that is a link to the TSB section of this website. Just follow the TSB icon at the top of the page it will take you exactly to where I showed you. Im not sure if it is a big issue or not, or even if they have a fix for it yet. Maybe someone else can help or do a search for gas gauge or gas tsb and see what you come up with.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:31 PM
rasguedo

ORIGINAL: stratjakt

I'll take it back to the dealer on saturday. They'll either be able to fix it, or if I have to, I'll pull out the lemon law. Originally I didn't think I had the problem when I posted, then I checked. I just don't edit my messages by deleting what I've said, I only add to it.

I still stand by what I said, just because you find some forum with 10 posts, and all of them "mustangs have such and such a proble," doesn't mean that 100% of the cars do. I'd be interestd for some more people to reach down the junction box and check, though.

We'll see what happens, they'll pull the floor apart and we'll see how wet it is. Like I said, it felt slightly moist - as in cold and clammy. It's also a metal surface and the temperature chagned about 30 degrees yesterday and today. Could be condensation, could be nothing at all (I imagined it). I haven't noticed any smell nor had any problems, but then I've been keeping the car clean and febreezed, so I don't know.

Maybe it's in my head, but I have a dash rattle and just noticed my rear bumper cover is seperating. None of this is appropriate for any new car, whether a 12k kia or a 20k+ mustang.

At any rate, I payed a good amount extra for "super duper ultra mega warranty", so I'm going to get my moneys worth.
I agree with you, I dont really think that all of the cars have a problem. Im just surprised at how many i found with a simple fast search. I really didnt take that much time to research it and came up with more than I thought. I also wonder how many people if checked have the same problem. Since the exterior carpetting doesnt get wet I think most people will not notice. Mine on the left was definately not just moist, I would really have to say it was very wet (the car also had not been driven for 3 days so i dont think it was from the wheel well) It would also be weird that all of us are feeling just condensation. Maybe your febreeze has helped you not notice a smell. My car is an 05, it could also be that it took awhile for my mildew smell to be apparent and most others it hasnt yet. Of course I wish this was a thread about how sweet my CAi is working and all I sais was mute....but unfortunately it isnt. I hope your car is just imagined or some simple condensation! As far as the lemon law, will it apply to this? How will you confront them with it? Im curious about what leverage I have.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Well, the technical wizards at Ford have my car now, so I'll update with whatever they find.

I talked to the service manager for a bit, he thought that since we had such a windy rainy day on friday, and since it's fall, and the car was outside, and I had all kinds of pine needles and whirly-coptor seedy dealers on the roof and hood, that he thinks some junk might have gotten washed down and plugged up one of the drains.

So I'll keep you all up to date, while it's there they're fixing a couple other small issues, and it's time for it's 15,000 mile handjob.

But some strange dude has my poor defenseless car.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:44 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

It seems they figured out the problem with the 07s. I wash my black GT allmost every day. I have ran in hard rain and for long trips in the rain and never once has water come inside the car. It still smells like a new pair of boots inside. No kind of electrical problems have come up at all. I just hope it stays that way, is there some difference between the 05s and 07s that could be the reason the 07s dont leak? I did have to go in to have the TSB done on the clutch packs in the rear end.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 AM
rasguedo

ORIGINAL: stratjakt

Well, the technical wizards at Ford have my car now, so I'll update with whatever they find.

I talked to the service manager for a bit, he thought that since we had such a windy rainy day on friday, and since it's fall, and the car was outside, and I had all kinds of pine needles and whirly-coptor seedy dealers on the roof and hood, that he thinks some junk might have gotten washed down and plugged up one of the drains.

So I'll keep you all up to date, while it's there they're fixing a couple other small issues, and it's time for it's 15,000 mile handjob.

But some strange dude has my poor defenseless car.
I have to wait until Monday to turn my car in. It seems that only on Mondays does my Ford dealer have who they call... "the man who works on leaks". Im not sure if this is a good or a bad thing. Of course this week looks like its gonna be warm and sunny. So im sure by the time next week comes around my car will have no noticeable wet spots...Ill probably just run it under a hose for an hour before i take it in! stratjkt how did you get such a fast response? My Ford is incredibly busy on Mondays.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:40 AM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Koons ford in annapolis, you need to book months in advance. Bob Davidson in baltimore, always seem to be free.

He told me they usually book appointmaents with "mr leak man" ahead of time, so he might not get to it until wednesday at the worst, but there's other stuff I'm having them look at, so if the king of leaks cant see it tomorrow, it can spend the day in the body shop getting my rear bumper cover re-set and a few chips touched up.

The weather warmed up though, and the rattle went away, but if they can hear it they can fix that too.

The more I think about it, the more I think the fall debris-clog thing makes sense. It's rained a few times, hard, on this car, and I've washed the everloving crap out of it, and I never noticed the smell the car has now. Or maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me, thanks to your thread.

Maybe I need to start covering it in the fall. I just hope it's something simple like a clogged drain, and not something worse and unfixable.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:29 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

So from what i gather this only happens on 05-06's? Thank you for your post, Warlok. Can anyone else confirm this?

What about contacting Ford? I am a potential customer and wouldnt mind putting some effort in telling Ford that they could sell me a car, if the changes are made. I mean, they already have your money, but not mine.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 AM
rasguedo

Im not sure exactly wich cars are affected. My car is an 05 and I think hypro's is a 06. Hopefully the 07's dont have the problem. My car took a while to develop it however. I called Ford and they want me to go the dealership route first and see how they handle it but they claim that they have never heard of the problem wich I think is a bunch of b*ll****. Hopefully they will acknowledge it soon and fix it!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

If the problem is a plugged drain, where is it??? If it is easy to get to then it is something to keep an eye on-or if it is in a difficult then add the inspection to your regular service schedule.

I have been reading this thread hoping the problem does not involve the '07's. I am ordering my Vista Blue GT next week.....

Quick Reply: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS