Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Old 12-13-2007, 02:09 AM
valiantjedi

Default RE: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Yep probably true, but it solved the problem. It just drains out the top now. Not enough water stays for it to matter. Check the seal on yours, it's at most a thimblefull of water in that pocket.

ORIGINAL: SpongebobGT

I have the same leaking problem in my 07 GT. I guess the next time it rains, I will take it to the dealer..

Old 12-17-2007, 06:40 PM
WaterSoakedLemon05

Well here we go again. My 06 GT (the replacement for the POS 05 Muspongethat Ford was required to replace by the BBB)started leaking on the passenger side last week. For all of you that have said it was "JUST ONE CAR", I now have had 2 cars with the exact same leak problem (an 05 Convertible V6 and a 06 GT Coupe.)

Parts were ordered and installed (cowl seal, clips and passenger side weather stripping). They also RTV'd the grommets around the wiring harness. I think I've just about had it. Ford you win. I'm not going to sit here and wonder if the leak is FINALLY fixed this time. I'm in process of unloading this piece of junk before I have to go through the same thing all over again. However, I win too. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again and will NEVER recommend one to anyone I actually like. I will however make it publically known what pieces of crap Ford Motor Company produces. (Though it's not really much of a secret.)

If Quality is Job #1, then Ford has no idea what quality is. I guesstheir definition of qualityis screw the customer and lie about defects in their vehicles. If they can't keep water out of the passenger compartment on a vehicle, it really makes me wonder what kind of nightmares I'd be in for later onif I did keep this piece of junk.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:53 PM
SpongebobGT
1st Gear Member

I just wanted to update everybody. I took my car to a local ford dealership. They said their is a TSB on the water leaking issue. They were going to fix it but they didn't have the equipment to do so. They had to sub-contract a body shop to due it. They said they would have to take apart the dash and pull all of it out to find the leak. This is pretty crazy for a car that is brand new. I just bought it back in July. At least the dealer ship is paying for a rent-a-car. So until they get it fixed, I'll be driving a Chevy Malibu.

What are your thoughts and comments on this?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:50 PM
WaterSoakedLemon05

NEW AND IMPROVED FORD MUSTANG TSB:

Throw 2 tons of RTV and seam sealer at the car in random areas untilit the Mustang stops leaking.If unable to actually to get it to stop, make it look like you're still trying and waste theas much of the customers time as possible.

Dealership response :

Make sure to distract the customer, hopefully theywon't realize that the car probably leaked from the day it was built.
Avoid letting them know that Ford Motor Company's **** poor quality control and sub standard engineering allowed the problem in the first place.

Ensure to stress the fact that NOBODY else has EVER reported any kind of leaking problem with the 05-08 Mustang and they are the FIRST.

Eventually over timethe dealership will just wear down the owner of the car and he wont be able to stand it anymore. Should the customer becomes agitated (becausethe incompetant service department can't fix it), immediately threaten the customer with your intent to call the police and demand that he remove his vehicle from the lot.Do not worry about any form of reprimand from Ford Corporate, as an independent dealership just claim that your responsibility goes not further than selling the car. (Wouldn't want to lose a Ford dealership that was able to lie to a customer and getthe home office money. Why wouldn't Ford Corporate backtheFord dealerup ? After all it's only ONE customer.)

The owner may possibly do one of 2 things :
#1) Drive his leakingPOS Mustangthrough your showroom.
#2)Trade it in.

Either way as a dealership the responsibility for actually fixing the car will be removed. The worst case is some other idiot customer will buy it and you can give him the same hard time thatyou gave the original owner until HE gets rid of it. So what if they won't ever buy another car from Ford.(Ford still got the customers money at least once, after all it is only ONE customer.)

Submissions for the New Ford Company Motto:

Ford Motor Company ... We make pretty cars, so what if they're actually junk.

Ford ... Buy a car from us then go screw yourself.

Ford Motor Company ... on the edge (edge of going out of business).

Ford Motor Company ... Making Japanese Cars Look Better And Better Everyday

Ford Motor Company ...We got your money, now go f&*k off.

Ford Motor Company ...Wadda you mean we have to keep water OUT of the cars ???

Old 12-21-2007, 07:04 PM
WaterSoakedLemon05

Let me get this straight ... You took this to a Ford dealership that wants to sub contract finding the leakand the sub contractor wants to remove the dash.You might want to let them know that the TSB specifically states DO NOT REMOVE THE DASH !!!

I thought Sunshine Ford in Newburgh NYwas a dump. It sounds like you found a dealership worse than them (if that's actually possible.)

It'snot like Ford is really going to actually help you with the problem. (You might be in for the screwing of a life time.) However, find someone that can read the TSB and let them do the work on your car.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

Default Re: Serious leaking/electrical problems with 05+ mustangs

What do you expect from UAW workers? GOOD WORK? Unions are the complete opposing force in the universe to quality work.

Thankfully my dealership didn't BS me. They just grabbed my car, gave me a loaner and promised I would not get it back until it was fixed. AND thats what they did. Again Harvard Ford is a great shop

I was wrong After posting this my leak came back. My 05 Mustang has been back 5 times, 52 days and is there now for the 6th time to fix the leak.

Fords S@CK

Last edited by panzermk2; 08-18-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 PM
SpongebobGT
1st Gear Member

Time for an update! I did take the car to the dealership and two days later they said that it was fixed. When I got up this morning and got in the mustang, I found more water has leaked in. This time, I took pictures. I guess I will be heading back to the dealer ship.

Here are the pics for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7379127
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7379128
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7379129
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7379130
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7379131

Old 01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to bring back an old post, but I ended up with the leak and wanted to add what's happened so far -

I live in the NW and we started getting our really heavy rains about a month ago. After a particulary heavy downpour, I got in the car in the morning (parked outside) and the passenger floor was wet all the way back to the seat. Wanting to verify that I actually had the leak I dried it all out and monitored. Came back on the next heavy downpour, but this time was only right under the SJB and wasn't showing thru the carpet (makes me wonder how many have this but don't know till the SJB starts freaking out)

Took it in to the dealer, and was assurred that they've already done several Mustangs for the exact same thing. Car was done late the next day. From the service invoice:

"..Removed the cowl panels LH and RH removed the wipers sealed up the cowl seam where sealer was skipped added sealer around the cowl panels clips and sealed around the wire harness grommet into the vehicle. Water leak tested water entry is no longer present. Reinstalled the carpet and trim and verified proper operation. Resealed per TSB 07-14-6 basic part number 63517C58 condition code 07. "

So I'll of course monitor to make sure it's fixed. But what was remarkable is that I asked the service advisor about how it said "sealer was skipped" and if that meant that it was missed at the factory completely and he said that is was. He also added that there were 3 more Mustangs there for the same thing. The repair came in at 5 hours, 100% warranty covered.

What I come away with is:

1) Now that we're getting heavy rains the issue is showing itself in many cars around here.

2) You may not know unless you open the access panel and feel the carpet directly underneath the SJB.

3) Given the volumes, and that he said it was skipped at the factory, it may be really widespread and worth having checked even if you live in the desert.

4) Now that there's the TSB, I'd imagine that Ford is going to make sure they don't come off the factory floor like this anymore. 5 hours of labor X a ton of cars= Big time $$$ for warranty repairs.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:17 PM
SpongebobGT
1st Gear Member

I'm glad things have work out for you with the leaking issue. Monday morning, I have an appointment to take it back to the dealer. This will be the second time.

Why in the world would they skip installing sealer from the factory? Someone screwed up big time.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if the sealer is robot or human applied. but I would think that it's more than some worker messing up, otherwise the sealer issues would be more random.. maybe they just didn't specify the procedure on the assembly line correctly.

But so far so good, been having rain and still dry - knock on wood...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS