Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Calspecl

Default RE: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Be happy mostof you are still under warrenty! I just turned 38K on my car and founda small lake on the passenger side the other day. Called the stealership and they said you can bring it in, but we will have to charge you to fix it. By reading these threads, I wonder how many times I would have to bring it in and pay them to fix it![>:]
Old 03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Beavis

Well, I read about this leaking issue while researching the purchase of my new Mustang and felt confident that this issue was taken care of by now. What a friggin idiot I am. I took delivery of my new 2008 GT on Friday at the beginning of a 2 day rain storm. I drove it home and parked it until Sunday. I finally got to take it out for a nice dry drive today, got home and remembered about the wet passenger floor post I had read about earlier. I crossed my fingers and put my hand under the floor mat and guess what.......the carpeting and padding is soaking wet. I only have like 30miles on this car. I tried to leave a message for the dealer to tell them I want my damn trade in back, but their phone system is out because of the storms. WTF? Ford still hasn't fixed this issue? I don't want the dealer tearing my brand new car apart. I called my salesman on his cell and started freaking out, he is supposed to call me first thing in the morning. I can't afford to take off work to bring the car in for service and sure as hell can't be without a car while they are fixing it. This is the most money I have ever spent on a new car and have this problem in one day? I am sooooooo pissed. Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:36 PM
cobra2411

Ok, just wanted to share my "leak" problem. I just got my 05 coupe not too long ago and we had monsoon rains a few days ago. The car sat level in my drive and I didn't drive it during the rain. I went out and checked the floors and they where dry. I thought I was good, but as soon as I started driving water was pooring out from under the dash. About 2 pints came out and I started looking around and it looked like it was coming from the HVAC box. I went under the hood and found the drain and stuck my finger up into it and it was clogged with leaves. I started digging the crap out and about 2 quarts of water came pooring out. I went out driving again and had no waterfalls.

We'll see what happens when we get the next monsoon....

BTW the drain is the rubber flap on the firewall on the passenget side between the engine and battery down near the frame. There is a picture of it in this thread on the yellow car.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:34 PM
DND

Hello All, I was researching tail light problems on my 06 GT Convertable and came across this forum. Glad I found it because it's exactly my problem! Drove through heavy rain yesterday and noticed the two inside tail lights and Tag light stayed on! Had to disconnect the battery to turn them off. But they come back on when I hook the battery back up! When I found this post I checked the carpet and fuse panel and sure enough it was WET! With the information I've learned here, when I called the dealership I had list of questions for the service manager. He was aware of the problem and the TSB, and assured me that they have successfully repaired this before. So hopefully I won't have to go through some of the hassles some others have had. Thanks for all the info!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Found & fixed my leak last weekend. Only had water get in 2 times in past year & half. Ended up being a poorly installed grommet inside the pass side fenderwell. The plastic inner fenderwell is easy to remove, it's in 2 pieces.
All the water that drains down the windshield & wiper area runs down that grommet. Sealed up the entire area around the grommet.
Took me about an hour,including jacking up, taking wheel off, etc.
Here was my issue,pics;

[IMG]local://upfiles/47772/884353533ED3408289C8FD05E68B5383.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47772/C9FBAE93420A4BAEB04BB972BE55CB66.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2008, 05:33 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aircare84

Found & fixed my leak last weekend. Only had water get in 2 times in past year & half. Ended up being a poorly installed grommet inside the pass side fenderwell. The plastic inner fenderwell is easy to remove, it's in 2 pieces.
All the water that drains down the windshield & wiper area runs down that grommet. Sealed up the entire area around the grommet.
Took me about an hour,including jacking up, taking wheel off, etc.
Here was my issue,pics;

[IMG]local://upfiles/47772/884353533ED3408289C8FD05E68B5383.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47772/C9FBAE93420A4BAEB04BB972BE55CB66.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks for the great photos. No doubt about that leak with a big gap on the bottom of that grommet. I haven't had a leak yet but my car doesn't get wet unless I wash it.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Definately, thanks for the photos. I havent noticed mine leaking yet, but it is in the garage and I try not to drive in the rain
Old 04-11-2008, 07:42 AM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Ah, yes, it's spring time and the rains are beginning to fall and they are also falling back inside my car again. (sigh) [&o] I left it out in the rain last night just to test again and it's wet again. Dealer has attempted to fix this once but it'll be going back. It's not very wet as only the foam pad in front where the passenger's feet go is wet but, it's still wet. Try number 2 at the dealer next week. I wish I could see where it was coming in from so I could point it out but I can't see it dripping from anywhere. Maybe later today I'll get lucky as we are expecting more thunderstorms.

I know the dealer didn't remove the fender the first time around where that seam is between the A-pillar/bodyside and the cowl/firewall. This time I'll be sure they are aware of it.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

A vette will get 'em wet...but astang will get 'em soaked. [sm=headbang.gif]
Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
scubastang

I also had the lake in car problem. Fortunately, the dealership was able to fix it right the first time, I believe. Been through several major rains since the fix and so far so good. *keeps his fingers crossed*

Quick Reply: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS