Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
nis350ztt

Default RE: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

I'm not sure what's happening, because i've never been in the car while it was leaking.

Regardless, it's rained here quite a few times within the last month, and the problem hasn't happened.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:31 PM
nis350ztt

There is only one plant for making Mustangs, so yes.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:15 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: waynew2

It's kind of funny, anybody else see a white piece of foam and a quarter circle piece of plastic on and above that module behind the kick plate? Looks like it is there to guide the water off of it.
Yeah... I think someone else pointed this out in this (or the other leak) thread.... but yeah... Just as you and that other posterstated... it does indeed sure as heck-a-roni look exactly like it could possibly serve no other purpose on earth but to deflect water..... but why put it in a place where water would not be anticipated........unless...... water IS anticipated?

Perhaps, if indeed this hypothesis.... pardon the pun.... holds water...... then someone did not anticipate the appearance of wet carpet protruding beyond underneath the kickplate into the visible passenger area?

It just wreaks... and my heart goes out to the '07 buyerjust above... man... I've been through more than most would put up with when having purchaseda new car (ok.. mine had 993 miles on it when I bought it... big deal.. it was stillBUILT WITH A LEAK) and I may have finally had all the leak entry points sealed and can "go on with my life and enjoy my new ride.... finally"... but I sure still do feel for all of us with the leak and all of us that don't know it yet.

And I still won't fully concede that mine is fixed until 2 more solid mother nature tests. Do I repeat myself a lot? [8D]
Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Still no release date on that TSB. Like I said, as soon as I know, you'll know. Remember, I was giving this information based on news from the plant. The TSB is in the early stages of completion......not sure how long that process takes. I only told you guys about it because it proves that Ford is aware of the issue and is working to correct it. It may be another week or it may be another month. I check periodically and I've asked my contact at the plant to e-mail once the TSB # is known and the documents are published.

I haven't forgotten about you guys with the leaks.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

I honestly have never had this leak problem what so ever, this is all very interesting? Are all the Mustangs shipped out of the same assembly plant? My car is over a year old now and it's been in all kind of rain storms and no leaks, yet alone 8 inches of snow that got covered on it a work last week [8D]
This goes to show how inconsistant Ford's quality control is. Some will have awsome super-reliable mustangs, while a small percentage will have absolute nightmares. [:'(]

I wish Ford would just tighten quality control, then maybe ill be throwing money at them.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:56 PM
waynew2

Thanks Bascho,
I did not check the date of your last post on this issue. You are right it could be a month before it gets out to the Service Techs.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:02 PM
waynew2

ORIGINAL: celenztah

It just wreaks... and my heart goes out to the '07 buyerjust above... man... I've been through more than most would put up with when having purchaseda new car (ok.. mine had 993 miles on it when I bought it... big deal.. it was stillBUILT WITH A LEAK) and I may have finally had all the leak entry points sealed and can "go on with my life and enjoy my new ride.... finally"... but I sure still do feel for all of us with the leak and all of us that don't know it yet.

And I still won't fully concede that mine is fixed until 2 more solid mother nature tests. Do I repeat myself a lot? [8D]
Hope you are all sealed up too. I feel for the guys with the 07 also especially the ones who spent oh say around 65 to 70,000 dollars to have a leaky GT500. I'm upset but if I shelled out that kind of money...Damn.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:43 PM
rasguedo

ORIGINAL: bascho

Still no release date on that TSB. Like I said, as soon as I know, you'll know. Remember, I was giving this information based on news from the plant. The TSB is in the early stages of completion......not sure how long that process takes. I only told you guys about it because it proves that Ford is aware of the issue and is working to correct it. It may be another week or it may be another month. I check periodically and I've asked my contact at the plant to e-mail once the TSB # is known and the documents are published.

I haven't forgotten about you guys with the leaks.
Wow, I cant believe how many people have had this same problem. When I compiled my original post I thought it wanst going to make a big difference. Ive been off of the boards for awhile, honestly the whole leak issue and other problems made me so pissed that I didnt want anything to do with Ford or anything Mustang related. My local dealer said it was the door weatherstripping letting in water... They actually replaced my entire carpet due to the horrible mold and musty smell. Well of course the smell is back, so I am sure there is another leak. Hopefully the TSB comes out soon and we can all put this behind us. Unfortunately though those of us with a musty smell will probably never get rid of it short of getting a new car. Now if they can just fix my sticking parking break in the cold... Maybe I can enjoy my car again...
Old 01-26-2007, 06:42 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MlissaG

Ya I have an 07- just purchased end of nov. and i found a leak this afternoon- Ive already called the service dept. at my stealership to take it in this afternoon when i get off work. It sucks. Im scared to lift back the flooring because I don't know much about cars- but it is soaked in my passangers side floorboard- under the mat too! It is really dissapointing because I thought Ford had fixed the problem....
What model? I have the V6 Premium Pony Package and so far no leaks. I keep checking every time it rains. I haven't driven the car in the rain yet.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:48 AM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juntech

... Some will have awsome super-reliable mustangs, while a small percentage will have absolute nightmares ...
This is completely unproven. I think far more owners have this problem than those who realize it.

It was 2 days before Christmas, and the official word was that Ford knew nothing of this problem. The fact that Ford took back and was forced to replace new vehicles [because of leak issues] long before this somehow was kept under the covers internally. [Like what else?] And then of course, shortly after the new year a TSB is in the works although many 05 owners have had leaks for a long time. Ford was simply called out on this because of owners like many of the forum members here who would not shut up about it. Had it not been for this, Ford and its people would still be in a state of denial. It's utter nonsense.

What Ford here neglects to understand is this. Yes, there are SN197 owners who are ga ga over their vehicles and will overlook / ignorethings simply because they love their vehicle. I may be one of them. But - later, and later always comes - when it's time to buy the next vehicle or one 10 years from now - you know the one where you won't be ga ga over it; would you jump to buy another Ford? I don't think so.

And like someone else pointed out - if I had paid $45K for a GT500 yet alone $45K plus a premium for a GT500 only to find out that it leaked water - I'd be through the frink'in roof. It's bad enough I have $35K into a loaded 07 GT vert and I have to look over my shoulder for water leaks [or a dead battery if I do not run the vehicle routinely during winter storage].

Do your buddies a favor - if you know anyone with a SN197 - a fellow enthusiast or the lady next door, educate them on how to remove the passenger kick panel cover, and to feel under the carpet for moisture. I think the results will be surprising.

Quick Reply: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS