Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:45 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Am I missing something?

Seems simple enough! Was this for an '05-'07 Stang install?

Thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 11:40 AM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Um am I missing something? If you are inside your car, chances are the keys and the remote entry are also in the car. Most likely dangling from the ignition. Grasp the fob firmly and with your thumb press the trunk release button. The trunk, she is now open! Imagine those inconsiderate bastards at Ford not putting in a gas cap release button, and a cabin trunk release switch. Come to think of it, there should be a camera mounted in the trunk that allows me to "look" into the trunk in order to predetermine if I really need to take the tremendous effort to activate the trunk release mechanism. Amazing!
Old 10-28-2006, 03:26 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

Um am I missing something? If you are inside your car, chances are the keys and the remote entry are also in the car. Most likely dangling from the ignition. Grasp the fob firmly and with your thumb press the trunk release button. The trunk, she is now open! Imagine those inconsiderate bastards at Ford not putting in a gas cap release button, and a cabin trunk release switch. Come to think of it, there should be a camera mounted in the trunk that allows me to "look" into the trunk in order to predetermine if I really need to take the tremendous effort to activate the trunk release mechanism. Amazing!
The one thing you're forgeting is the wife part of the equation. My wife managed to unlock the car, place her purse inside the car, open the trunk with the FOB, load the groceries in the trunk and close the trunk with the keys inside. (her car is a convertible) I had to drive to the grocery store and did a drive by trunk unlocking ...LOL... I did install the remote trunk release in her car and I'm looking for a keyless entry keypad
Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

I just ordered ford keyless entry keypad off fleabay for $45 shipped. Just program & stick on, I'll be locking my keys in the trunk on purpose now. Only problem is figuring out where to stick it where it won't be ugly. I thought about along the bottom of the mirror, or the base of the windshield, or the cowl cover near the wipers. When I get it I'll see where it fits best. Suggestions on placement appreciated.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:18 AM
BlindMan

Next time you pack your groceries in the trunk, just put your child in there too (hey, more room in there than in the back seat, right?) then have the kid use the trunk anti-trap lever when you get home.